Sunday, April 28, 2013

Week 96 Due Forni

Hi Everyone, welcome back. As I mentioned last blog, we are publishing three this week to catch you up on all the places we have been the past couple of weeks. When life gets busy, as it always is, sometimes times to sit down and write slips away from us, now it is time to catch up. 

Remember, you can always find our blog on the LV Informer under the Local Interest section, http://lasvegas.informermg.com/category/lv-local-interest/blog-connection/ and we have a Facebook page which we update multiple times a week, so if you haven't already, please be sure to like it, https://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants

What Teray Says...

So week two of the 30 Day Hot Pilates Challenge I was really craving eating something that wasn't Paleo. It was my cheat meal after all so I figured, where could I get all the things I am missing so much (cheese and bread), and an Italian restaurant came to mind. I have been recommended Due Forni since last summer, but for some reason, we had never been there yet. It wasn't until a few weeks ago when I was driving home from tutoring that I noticed it on the right hand side of Town Center Drive and it rang a bell, we needed to visit there this week. 

As I mentioned Due Forni is located on Town Center Drive and 215 next to the Coffee Bean. There is an outdoor eating area as well as an indoor. Upon entering we were greeted and asked our name which the people at the door remembered all night (impressive!). We were seated right away and our server came over and went over items on the menu with us because it was our first time. He made suggestions and we went with them. 

For an appetizer we ordered the Carpaccio which was thin sliced prime beef, arugula, pine nuts, parmesan, cremini mushrooms, black true vinaigrette. It was one of the items our waiter suggested, so we went with it. Well, I am glad that we did. The portion size was amazing (we each got two big pieces), the presentation was beautiful (it looked like sushi) and the taste was out of this world, by far one of the best appetizers I have ever had at an Italian restaurant. 

For dinner we ordered from the mozzerella bar in which you can choose from three types of mozzerella: classica (delicate) • aumicata (smoked) • stracciatella (soft and creamy). We paired the stracciatella with artichoke. This option also comes with many pieces of some of the best bread you will ever have. The cheese was literally melting in my mouth. Speaking of the cheese, they import it from Italy. Yea, amazing right?! 

We also ordered a pizza for dinner; there are many options for pizza but we went with the QUATTRO FORMAGGI which was like a white pizza with extra pizazz. I was in love when I took the first bite. Now you could be thinking I found this all so good because it was my cheat meal of the week. Wrong, I know pizza and this pizza was amazing, by far some of the best I have had not only in Vegas, but in my life. 

Brett and I also had to order dessert. We needed to have the full experience; I didn't want anything too sweet being I had a Hummingbird to drink (if you go there you must have this drink). We had the sweet bufala ricotta which was that honey, pistachios, and sugar. Again, out of this world. I probably could eat that dessert for the rest of my life. 

Now, let me talk about the service, probably by far some of the best we have had while doing this blog and as you can see at the top, we are at week 96. From the person who greeted us at the door, the wait staff and the manager, who by the way is from NY and came over and explained the whole experience to us, it really made us feel welcome. I was beyond impressed. 

Without a doubt I will going back to Due Forni as soon as possible; from the looks of it, they have an amazing happy hour menu too. Speaking of happy hour, the wine list and drink list are very long, so there is something for everyone in every price range. Due Forni gets a 5 out of 5 and now falls in my top 5 from this blog. 






What Brett Says...

This week we had absolutely no idea what we were in the mood for.  We all have those times where nothing sounds good and you just want someone else to pick...unfortunately we both were in that mood.  I threw out Italian and Teray decided we should try a place others have recommended, we went to "Due Forni."  They are at Town Center and the 215, an area we never go to for some reason.

The feel and atmosphere are amazing but a complete contradiction, which really works for them.  It feels almost like fine dining, at first I felt underdressed, but then you realize it is laid back.  They have an extensive wine selection, fine dining tables, and intimate lighting.  On the flip side the place mats are the menus, the servers wear jeans, and the big draw is pizza.  This has to be one of the cooler places we have been to, it works no matter the occasion or the lack of.  They also have a nice outdoor patio.

The service was also another area that made an impression.  Everyone we dealt with was amazing, they were as professional and acted as though it was a 5 star fine dining restaurant.  Out server was extremely helpful and walked us through the entire menu and made quite a few recommendations, which we followed.  The manager also came by the table a couple times to check on us, he told us about the concept behind the entire restaurant.  Everyone seemed to really enjoy working there and it rubbed off on the customers.


Now for the food.  We all love pizza, Italian, and cheese.  That being said how did Due Forni do?  To start things off our server suggested the carpaccio; the presentation alone won me over.  Then I decided to taste it and was hooked, I was hoping Teray wouldn't like it just so I could have more.  Since the appetizer was so good we decided to go with another suggestion from our server.  They have a mozzarella bar that allows you to choose from a selection of mozzarellas and sides.  We went with the stracciatella (soft and creamy) with marinated roman artichokes.  I am not a huge mozzarella connoisseur, Teray is Italian so she is a little more well versed.  I did enjoy they selection, it went well with the meal and wasn't heavy.  Our next selection was a pizza, kinda have to at a pizza place.  We decided on the quattro formagi pizza, Roman style with a gluten free dough...translated: mozzarella, ricotta, parmesan, fontina fontal (4 types of cheese) on a thin crust.  The gluten free was just to see how a gluten free pizza would work out (surprisingly normal).  This pizza was legit.  I'm talking Tony Soprano in Little Italy NYC legit.  Since we were 3 for 3 on ordering we wanted to see what dessert was all about.  We got a ricotta pistachio ice cream, once again it was a knock out.  Every aspect of the dishes were perfected.  I would love to see what the other dishes taste like.

I think it goes without say but this place is the shit.  Every aspect has been perfected and implemented.  I cannot think of a single thing to complain about.  I recommend Due Forni for dates, groups, whatever.  Just go and enjoy.

A very easy 5 out of 5


Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Thanks to Patty and Juan for providing me with my outfit of the week this week. Check out my outfit of the week provided by Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique. I love the color of this dress, the texture of this dress, and the fit of this dress. It probably is one of my favorite dresses I have ever worn from Patty's. Theemerald color really stands out and can be worn with many different color accessories. The back is racer back, so in the warm weather you can show a little more skin. You can dress this up or down. I wore it during the day with casual flats and a cardigan and then at night with some heels. You can find this look at the 
Rainbow PC location.




If you haven't already, make sure to like the Patty's Closet Facebook page, which is linked above. If you do, you will stay up to date on all the latest events, store openings, and get to see the items that each store receives every Tuesday and Friday. Also, if you aren't lucky enough to have a PC near you, you can shop online at shop.ilovepattyscloset.com

Until next time, cheers to food, fun and fashion. xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment