Saturday, April 6, 2013

Week 93 Beso Hollywood

Welcome back everyone! We hope you are all doing well. I cannot wait until life slows down a little bit and we can get these blogs posted in a timely fashion. If you haven't already make sure to check out our blog on the LV Informer; we are under the Local Interest section, http://lasvegas.informermg.com/category/lv-local-interest/blog-connection/

Also, we have a Facebook page and if you haven't liked it already, we would appreciate if you did. We update it frequently, so be sure to check it out, https://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants.

What Teray Says...

This week we decided to blog from LA. I was on spring break and we know that people travel back and forth to Vegas all the time from Hollywood, so why not review something in that neck of the woods? I decided on Beso because it used to be in Vegas and I never got to go there. The other reason I chose there was because I always see it on all the cool television shows that I watch and wanted to check it out. 

I knew ahead of time we were going to have to pay $10 to valet park, not that $10 is a lot but I didn't realize how annoying it was to pay every single time that you parked. We had a reservation so when we were seated right away when we arrived. 

The atmosphere of Beso is beautiful; if you want to go somewhere hip and classy, this is the place for you. When you enter there is a beautiful bar area that leads back to the restaurant and there are also private curtained areas along the side of the restaurant. We were sat at one of the regular tables in the restaurant. 

There was a wide variety of people there, mainly under 40 though crowd though. A few people were doing what looked like business dinners, many couples on dates and a few single girls who looked like they were on the prowl (not a bad place for that, that's for sure). 

We were greeted right away by our waitress who gave us time to decide on our drinks and our appetizers. We decided not to drink being we had to wake up super early in the morning so we  just went with an appetizer. For our appetizer we decided to get the shrimp and chorizo flatbread, which was delicious I must add. If I were there for just appetizers and drinks, that is definitely what I would be ordering. 

For dinner I ordered chicken fajitas and Brett ordered the lamb rack, which looked delicious. My fajitas were fantastic, perfect portion size and the meat was cooked just right. The cutest thing I thought about it all was that the guacamole was in an avocado, the little things in the presentation mean a lot to me. 

We didn't order dessert, because again, I didn't feel like being too full and we were going to get something else afterward, but then just ate candy, talk about lame-o. Oh well, that's what you get what you are tired and don't feel like going to search for dessert. 

As for our service, it was awesome. I did feel bad because we didn't order all the items that we typically order, but I was just not in the mood for all of those items, we had a big lunch at Universal earlier in the day. 

Overall, I enjoyed Beso and am sad it still isn't open in Vegas, because I would definitely go there. I give Beso a 4.5 out of 5 (taking away a half a point because I didn't see a celebrity). ;) 







What Brett Says...

This week we took the show on the road.  Teray was on spring break and my job affords me quite a few days off, she wanted to go to LA for a couple days and we figured why not get a bite to eat.  It works out well since so many people from Vegas visit Hollywood.  We decided to go to "Beso," we never got to go when Vegas had one.

Being that it was LA we had to pay $10 to valet at the restaurant, no surprise.  Once inside you are immediately thrown into a very trendy intimate place.  I would consider it an upscale restaurant, Teray said that quite a few celebrities frequent it.  The atmosphere is relaxed and the mood lighting is pretty relaxing.  There is a large bar area and then a dining room, best thing about the dining room is the chairs.  They are larger then most restaurant chairs and legitimately cushioned and wrapped in leather.  The restaurant was pretty cool.

The service was good, I kind of felt like our waitress didn't really want us as a table...like she new we weren't rich LA folk.  Regardless we were taken care of, the support staff she had was also on point.  Things were always coming and going; food, water, dirty dishes, etc.  It wasn't a rememberable service experience but all our needs were met.

Onto the meal.  We decided not to drink since navigating LA can be a two person job, so water it was.  To start things off we opted to order the shrimp and chorizo flatbread.  It was actually a decent size and it was amazing.  Having never thought to make a shrimp and chorizo pizza I would have to say it was a great idea that I might have to attempt down the road.  For dinner I decided to put my big boy pants on and order the Australian roasted lamb rack.  In true Midwest fashion I grabbed a bone, tore it apart, and ate it...I don't play with by your rules.  God gave it a built in fork and I used it.  I don't have lamb often, it can be easily screwed up.  I was impressed with how well of a rack it was.  It was juicy and filling, it was worth all of the $31.  For dessert we decided to find something else in town when that failed we decided to get some tropical Starburst from our hotel vending machine, they were delicious by the way.

Overall Beso was really nice.  It wasn't really my scene, I am a jeans and Tshirt guy.  I think Beso would be good for a date or a small group looking to get drinks.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5


Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week

Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week this week. So my outfit of the week was a little later than normal, but that is because we were blogging from LA this week. Check out this fabulous outfit of the week provided by Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique. I absolutely love maxi dresses; they are one of my favorite fashion trends. The print on this dress is very bold with black, white and yellow, and the rich royal blue is flattering on any skin tone. This dress has a ruffle at the bust and cinches at the waist. I paired it with a white blazer from the Town Square location and some fabulous sandals from Heart&Sole by PC. You can find this look at the Rainbow location.




If you haven't already make sure you like the Patty's Facebook page that is linked above to stay up to date on all of the latest store openings, events and newest items which are posted on Tuesdays and Fridays. Also, if you aren't lucky enough to have a PC location near you, you can shop online at shop.ilovepattyscloset.com

Until next time, cheers to perfect Vegas weather. xo





No comments:

Post a Comment