Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Week 94 Archi's

Hi again! Thanks for visiting our blog. If this is your first time visiting our blog, well then, welcome and thank you too! I cannot believe it is already the middle of April. Where is the time going? I don't mind it too much though because that just means it is closer to summer vacation for me. 

Remember you can always find our blog in the LV Informer under the Local Interest section, http://lasvegas.informermg.com/category/lv-local-interest/blog-connection/.  We also have a Facebook page which we update frequently with reviews, outfits of the week and tidbits so please like it if  you get a chance, https://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants


What Teray Says...

This week we were so busy, Brett wasn't even in town half the week and he was mandated to work days he normally doesn't so we didn't have time to go to a sit down date. Not everyone always has time though to go to a restaurant so we decided to something popular, take out. I really was craving Thai food so we went with Archi's. 

Archi's is located and 215 and South Rainbow in a plaza with many other restaurants. I called up and ordered and the food was ready in less than 20 minutes. For an appetizer I chose Thai toast which was amazing. Thai toast if you don't know what it is are little pieces of bread or as I called them baby breads which you put cucumber salad on, a perfect starter!

For dinner I ordered the Chicken Pad Thai which came with extra peanuts for the sauce...amazing! The portion size was huge. I had some, Brett had some, and then I had some two days later. It was so delicious that I could have probably ate the whole thing in one sitting, but by not being able to, I was able to enjoy it over a few days. 

Brett ordered yellow curry. I really love curry, so much so that I probably would put it in my top 10 favorite foods depending on the day that you asked me. He chose yellow curry and at the medium spicy level, but it was still pretty spicy, just how I love it! It came with a huge portion of rice as well. So, you can see the portions at Archi's are humongous, but that is not a bad thing. 

Overall, for the taste of the food (can't rate on the service) and the price I would give Archi's a 5 out of 5 and it will now be not only one of my go to Thai restaurants in town, but one of my go to take out restaurants when I am on cheat meal days. 






What Brett Says...

This week was a busy week.  I was working crazy hours and was right in the middle of 10 shifts in a row, I didn't really have time to actually sit down at a restaurant.  So, takeout it was.  Teray chose and she felt like Thai food; "Archi's" to be specific.  They are on Rainbow by Sunset.  

Not really much to say about atmosphere and service on takeout, but I'll give you what I have.  They are in a strip mall, when you walk in it looks like every other Thai restaurant you have ever been to.  Teray called the order in for a 7:15 pick up time and it was ready when I got there.  The people I dealt with seemed friendly.  That's all I've got for you.

Onto the food.  I asked Teray to order an appetizer and some yellow curry for me, she ordered the pad Thai for herself.  The appetizer she ordered was Thai toast, which I have never had, but it is small toasted bread with chicken and shrimp on it.  These little things were amazing, they will definitely be on my go to list next time we get Thai.  The yellow curry was different then other places, it wasn't as sweet as it usually is.  It wasn't bad it was just different.  Teray's pad Thai was was amazing, I wish I would have gotten it too.

Overall Archi's served it's purpose; we needed a quick take out meal and this hit the spot.  I'm not sure what eating in house would be like but based off the food you won't be disappointed.

Rating 5 out of 5

Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Check out my outfit of the week provided by Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique. I love a spring dress, especially one that has so many colors, which equals tons of accessories options. This dress can be worn casually during the day like I wore it or lose the tank underneath and you can make it dressier for the night time. I paired it with some gorgeous gold sandals from Heart&Sole by PC and the finishing touch of this look was my starfish hair clip from Sparkle by Patty's Closet from the Retro Love line. You can find this look at the Rainbow locations trifecta of stores. Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week this week. Xo



If you aren't lucky enough to have a PC near you, you can always shop online at shop.ilovepattyscloset.com. Also, their Facebook page is linked above and I suggest you like it because they always post new store openings, events, and of course the latest shipment items at each store on Tuesdays and Fridays. I know personally I cannot wait to go to the NJ store when I head home in two months. 

Until next time, cheers to sunshine days. <3 xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment