Monday, April 1, 2013

Week 92 Sedona Restaurant

We hope everyone is enjoying their spring vacation and if you aren't lucky enough to be on spring vacation, well, we hope you are having a great time anyway. We just got back from California so we have some new blogs for you that will be up soon. In the meantime, we hope you guys enjoy this latest one. 

Just a reminder you can find our blog on the LV Informer under the Local Interest section, http://lasvegas.informermg.com/category/lv-local-interest/blog-connection/ and we also have a Facebook page that we update frequently, so if you haven't already, check that out, https://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants

What Teray Says...

The night that we went out to Sedona the weather was in the high 80s all day and I wanted to go somewhere that we could eat outside. We drive by Sedona all the time on our way to LVAC so I figured this would be great pick. Sedona is located at the W. Flamingo and the 215. Sedona is pretty awesome because they have not only a pretty upscale bar area, but there are also typical dining areas and private dining areas. The best part about Sedona is that there is an outside area with tables and fire pits where people can eat or just come to order drinks. I also read that there is music some nights, so it seems like they have everything covered for Vegas. 

We were seated right away and the heat lamps were turned on for us immediately after we asked, which was awesome. Although the weather was warm, the extra heat helped offset the breeze. Our waitress was extremely friendly and from Brooklyn, so I knew immediately from one east coaster to another that our service would be good. For our drinks, Brett stuck with water and got a cucumber martini. I know, it sounds weird, but it is delicious because it is light tasting. Brett was not a fan, but that's okay. 

For an appetizer we ordered lettuce wraps, which tasted so good, and the portion size was perfect. For dinner I ordered the linguine and clams (shocking..hahaha) and Brett ordered xx. My linguine and clams was amazing and I would have thought I was at an Italian restaurant that it was so good. I ate every single bite of course. 







We decided we were going to get dessert and chose the dessert panini. Within the dessert panini was nutella, banana and ice cream. It was beyond fabulous, one of the best desserts that I have had in Las Vegas. Of course, I ate every bite of that too. 

This was one of the first times that I have ever finished all of my food portions at a restaurant, so that really says something about Sedona. Of course I was right about the service and the waitress was awesome. The atmosphere was fun and of course the company was the best. I will definitely going back to Sedona many times once the summer comes and rate it without a doubt a 5 out of 5. 

What Brett Says...

This week we decided to class it up a bit and go for a nicer meal.  Every once in a while you need to treat yourself and reward yourself for the hard work.  We decided to go to "Sedona" on Flamingo at the 215.  We drive by it every time we go to the gym, we have also heard they have great food.  So why not.

Driving by Sedona just looks like a cool place, it fits right into the desert Vegas feel.  The inside is gorgeous and open, you do not feel like you will be eating on top of another table.  They also have a fairly large two section outdoor patio; which is where we ate.  The patio was amazing.  There was live plants and trees throughout, fire pits, and heaters.  They have tables and lounging areas, it was moderately filled but there was enough room between tables to actually have a private conversation.  I would have to say that this is the most comfortable outdoor restaurant I have ever been to.

One of the biggest things that ruins my restaurant experience is horrible service.  This was absolutely NOT one of those times.  When we walked in the host met us quickly, was polite, and professional.  Our server was awesome, she was from NYC so Teray got to feel at home with the accent.  She was on top of our entire experience, we never felt as though we were neglected.  She had a very inviting and helpful way about her.

There menu has quite a few options, most of them sound like they would be amazing.  We both ordered a couple drinks and decided to get things rolling with an order of lettuce wraps.  They are different then other lettuce wraps I've had, which isn't a bad thing.  They give you less lettuce but you don't need them.  They were a great start to our meal.  For my entree I stepped out of my norm and decided to get the bacon wrapped scallops, I was a little worried about getting it because I was starving.  You get several large scallops wrapped in bacon on top of mashed potatoes with a split pea topping.  I couldn't believe how amazing they were and how I actually got full...not stuffed.  It was the perfect amount of food.  For desert we indulged in their dessert panini, look at the photo.  Perfect way to round out the meal.

Overall I was extremely impressed with the entire experience.  I would say that Sedona should be reserved for nicer dinners since the prices are higher then the majority of the restaurants we visit.  For the price though you are not disappointed at all.

Rating: 5 out of 5



Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week this week. Check out my outfit of the week provided by Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique. I love spring fashion, actually beyond love, I am obsessed. This crop top is the perfect piece to transition into the warmer weather. Not only do I love the color, but lace is always so girly. The zipper detailing on the back called for a sock bun hair-do. I paired this top with a high waisted skirt and some jellies from https://www.facebook.com/HeartSoleByPc. You can find this look at the Rainbow PC and Heart & Sole location. 



Patty's Closet has locations not only across Clark County but also in other states as well. They have another store opening in Hawaii in less than two weeks, pretty exciting! If you want to stay up on all of the store openings, like their Facebook which is linked above. They also post pictures of all the new items at each store on Tuesdays and Fridays, so you definitely need to like the page! Also, if you aren't lucky enough to have a Patty's Closet near you, you can shop at their online store at shop.ilovepattyscloset.com

Until next time, cheers to Easter xo xo <3 






No comments:

Post a Comment