Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Week 95 The Meatball Spot (Town Square Las Vegas)

Welcome back readers. We will have a few blogs coming out this week, so please stay tuned. We can't believe April is almost over, where is the time going? Remember, you can always follow us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants and we are also on the LV Informer, which an awesome Vegas online newspaper, so if you haven't already, definitely check it out, http://lasvegas.informermg.com/category/lv-local-interest/blog-connection/

What Teray Says...

So I used to go to Town Square, like every week-end to shop or go out to be exact. In 2013, I rarely frequent there unless it is to do my quick stops at MAC, Victoria's Secret or Patty's Closet of course. I noticed a few months ago that The Meatball Spot had opened and thought that it was an interesting concept. Once I saw that the NJ Housewives had visited there though I was sold. 

Brett and I did our typical date on Saturday night around 8:30-9:00. The place was crowded but not crowded to the point that we weren't seated right away. We were offered both inside and outside but with the wind that night chose outside. It took a little bit before our waiter greeted us. Being this was my first cheat meal of my Hot Pilates 30 Day Challenge (check my FB if you don't know what I am talking about, which is linked on the side under our favorite sites), I was sceptical what to order. 

Brett decided to get a beer but I stuck with water. There looked like there were a lot of great drinks on the menu, I just chose not to try them. For an appetizer we ordered classic meatballs in tomato sauce with no cheese. They came out rather quickly and while they were good, they were nothing to write home about. Maybe this is because I am so used to amazing, authentic Italian cooking where the meatballs are to die for. These were good, but not to die for. 

For dinner I ordered the garbage salad which to most people is also known as the antipasto. Brett ordered a meatball sandwich. My salad again was good, but nothing to rave over. I should have ordered something else, but I wanted to save room for dessert. 

Speaking of dessert, that was by far the best part. I got a sugar cookie ice-cream sandwich which was one of the highlights of my week. The milkshakes also looked good and if I ever went back it would be for that. 










Now onto service, our server was very friendly, he just wasn't the best. He forgot part of Brett's order and didn't really check on us. Brett didn't want to tell them that he forgot because he said we had to be authentic for the review. While, I really liked the atmosphere, I will most likely not return for a meal, but would to sit at the bar for drinks and dessert. That being said, I rate The Meatball Spot 2.5 out 5. 

What Brett Says...

This week we decided to head to Town Square, every once in a while it is nice to head out to a place that is crowded...lively and great for people watching.  One of the newer spots in Town Square is the "Meatball Spot."  It's in a spot that has not been kind to other restaurants, it is on the main level right below Coconuts.

I guess when you look at the Meatball Spot it looks like a cross between old school diner meets fast food restaurant with a bar.  They also have an outdoor patio, didn't really look that special.  I can tell you that it was Saturday evening and the place was packed.  There were couples, groups, and families.

One reason I can safely say I will most likely not return is the service.  The service was horrible, not wanting to unfairly judge I checked out Yelp just to see if it was a fluke...it was not a fluke.  We were sat immediately and then sat there, and sat some more.  It took the server a while before we were noticed and once we were noticed we were told it would be a little bit longer.  We asked for water...took forever.  I ordered a beer...took forever.  This is the kind of place where I should have actually timed everything.  We decided to start with an appetizer, asked to keep the menus so we could look them over.  While we were eating the appetizer the server tried to give us the bill.  At no point did he ask how it was, if we wanted more drinks, or if we wanted more food.  I had to let him know we wanted to eat more, we ordered our entrees.  The entrees took longer then expected for what they were, the server did ask how they were but we never got water refills and I never got a second beer.  Before we were done eating he once again tried to give us the bill, I asked him if we were even allowed dessert.  We ordered our dessert, only because we heard good things about dessert, ate it and ran.  Having been a server before I am usually a good tipper, this guy is lucky he even got 15%...I can't even remember the last time I didn't tip 20% or higher.

Now onto the food.  We started with an order of meatballs; 3 classic meatballs in classic sauce.  For a place called the Meatball Spot I would assume they would have the secret to the greatest meatball ever, well they don't.  They have the secret to a very normal nothing special meatball.  We decided to continue on with what was already a pretty horrible experience, I ordered the Large Hero (3 meatballs on a french baguette with sauce).  I chose to go with turkey meatballs and Parmesan cream sauce.  The sandwich was pretty good; the bread was good, the meatballs were once again average, but the sauce was amazing.  They would do better just selling sauce.  Unfortunately you do not get anything with your sandwich, they literally just put a six inch meatball sandwich on a plate.  I am curious as to why the large hero is $1 cheaper then the meatball appetizer, same amount of meatballs but you get it on bread.  I would assume the bread would make it more expensive.  Teray decided to get their garbage salad, this however was correctly described.  $14 (five bucks more then my sandwich) for a glorified side salad.  For an entree salad this thing was small, aside from being small it was pretty plain.  I'm not even sure if they put flavor in their salad dressing.  Trying to salvage the meal we decided to get dessert.  We each decided on one of their ice cream sandwiches, I got the peanut butter cup sandwich and Teray ordered the strawberry rainbow sandwich.  I think we figured out what the Meatball Spots focus should be.  I got to eat mine and half of Teray's and I have to say that these things are absolutely amazing.  

I think it is clear what my opinion is.  If you happen to be at Town Square and are in the mood for a ice cream sandwich go here, if you are in the mood for a meatball sub go to Subway.  The only reason I ever go here again is to get a to go order of the Parmesan cream sauce or for their dessert.

Rating: 2 out of 5 (the ice cream sandwich accounts for one and the fact that they did in fact have meatballs account for the other one)


Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Thank you to Patty and Juan from Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week this week. Take a look at my outfit of the week provided by Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique. Sometimes I just want a casual but hip look, especially when we decide to go somewhere that doesn't require you to dress up. I love this tee because it has such a unique design. A skeleton with leopard Mickey ears, who would have thought? It is cut deep on the sides so you can pair it with something girly underneath. I loved the look on the mannequin so much when I was there I got this fedora too, to wear with my outfit. You can find this 
look at the Rainbow PC location.




Remember, if you aren't lucky enough to have a Patty's Closet near you, you can shop online at shop.ilovepattyscloset.com. Also, make sure to like their Facebook page which is linked above. You will be able to find out about newest store openings, events and of course see pictures of the new shipment items from all the stores on Tuesdays and Fridays. 

Until next time...cheers to positivity. xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment