Saturday, May 4, 2013

Week 97 Chinita

Hello blog readers! Welcome back. I cannot believe this is week 97.  We never would have imagined that this blog would be as successful as it is and have such a following. Thank you to everyone who reads it, even if you have only read it once. 

Remember, you can find our blog in the LV Informer under the Local Interest section, http://lasvegas.informermg.com/category/lv-local-interest/blog-connection/ . Also, we have a Facebook page, so if you haven't already, it would be awesome if you liked it, https://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants

What Teray Says...

I have had the Groupon to Chinita for awhile and being I was, and still am on the Paleo way of eating at this time, I wanted a cheat meal where I could really eat! Chinita is located in Village Square on Sahara and Ft. Apache. This isn't too far from where we live, so we were pleased with the drive. Chinita has both outside seating with fire pit tables and inside seating, because of the wind, we chose to sit inside. 

We were seated right away in a big booth. Chinita is a pretty large place. There are booths, tables, a stage, a full bar and a back room. From what I gathered it actually turns into a "go out" spot at night with a DJ, drink specials, and so on. 

You get free chips and salsa, which are amazing I must add, right away while you look through your menu. There are so many great options I didn't even know where to begin. For an appetizer we picked avocado rolls. The avocado rolls were like open faced egg roles with tons of avocado. I personally have never had these and would rank them up there with some of the best appetizers I have ever had at a Mexican restaurant. 

For our drinks I ordered a skinny marg and Brett got a Mexican beer (I took one taste; it was pretty good). As for our food I ordered the carnitas. They were to die for. The portion size was huge and the rice and beans were amazing. I would order this every time I go back there it was so good. The dessert we had the churros which sweet and delicious and I am not even the biggest churro fan. 

Now onto service, our server was top notch. He told us it was his second day, you would never know that at all, because he was by far one of the best servers we had in the 97 weeks of this blog. We never wanted for anything and he had great suggestions and made great conversation.

Overall, Chinita was absolutely awesome; I cannot wait to go back with a group and sit outside around the fire pit tables. We will also request to sit in our previous server's section. I rate Chinita 5 out of 5 without a doubt. 

What Brett Says...

Once again we turned to Groupon to make our decision for us.  We stumbled onto a nice little deal for some Mexican food.  We were originally going to try somewhere else but the line was out the door and we were starving, "Chinita" was right around the corner so we decided to go with it.  They are a new restaurant in the shopping area on the northwest corner of Sahara and Ft. Apache.

Strip mall restaurants are usually a standard design with nothing special.  Chinita was able to mix things up and come up with something that actually separates them from the masses.  They have an outdoor patio with a fire table; it is actually pretty cool.  I'm not sure I would recommend getting too drunk next to the open flames...just speaking from experience.  The inside is relaxed and spread out, you aren't sitting on top of everyone else.  They also had a live acoustic singer, he was playing everything from Mexican songs to top 40 from the last 30yrs...and he was legit.

Overall I think we fair decent on getting good service; most of the time we get decent, we do get quite a bit of horrible, but once in a great while we get amazing.  This was  time when we got absolute amazing.  I forgot the server's name but we found out that it was only his second day on his own as a server there.  He was so on point, especially for being so new.  He had a great flow, amazing manners, and he related with us.  It was almost like our friend was taking care of us.  If he is any example of the overall service then you won't be disappointed.

Mexican food is tough to screw up, I use to cook at a Mexican restaurant and if I could do it while living the college life then it really isn't that tough.  To start things off we ordered some avocado spring rolls, they were different then I expected.  Other avocado spring rolls have the avocado in the actual roll; these had it sliced on top.  I was surprised at how good they were and how the fresh cool avocado complimented the spring roll.  For dinner I decided on special item recommended that night, that I cannot recall the name of, which isn't something I usually get at a Mexican restaurant.  The flavors all worked together and I was full at the end.  The rice and beans were nothing special but I don't recall being able to do much with those either.  The meal itself was pretty good, I would happily eat it again.

I can honestly say that this is a place I would like to go again, I'm thinking with a small group for appetizers and drinks out on the patio.  Between the live music, the drinks, and the flavors it works as a spot to chill.  

Rating 5 out of 5








Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week this week. Check out my outfit of the week provided by Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique. Not only do I love summer fashions, but I love neon and I love shorts season. As soon as I saw Patty post these peplum shorts on FB I new I had to get them. What a statement piece right? I love items that you can dress up or down. I paired it with a black jacket that I tucked in so that you could see the full effect of the shorts and took a picture from the side too so you can how they look from both angles. The shorts are a stretchy material, which is nice for different body types. You cannot go wrong with peplum or neon this season, so I suggest you head over to the Rainbow PC location and pick yourself up a pair.


If you aren't lucky enough to have a Patty's Closet near you, make sure you check out their online store at shop.ilovepattyscloset.com. Also, like their FB page which is linked above and you can see pictures of all the latest shipment items on Tuesdays and Fridays. 

Until next time, cheers to life <3 xo

No comments:

Post a Comment