Saturday, September 22, 2012

Week 67 Khoury's

Hi fans and followers; welcome back! I can't believe it is the first day of fall! Fall is one of my favorite times of year because the weather just becomes perfection here in Vegas. Plus there are always so many fun things to do, which makes me love it even more!

Remeber, you can always find our blog on the LV Informer, our favorite online publication: http://lasvegas.informermg.com/ . We are under the Local Interest section. Also, as we always say, we have a Facebook page, which we update frequently, so if you haven't already, like that page, because we love to hear from you! http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants

What Teray Says...

It has been a rare occasion lately that Brett or I really are craving something when it comes to the blog pick. This week I was seriously craving Mediterranean food though. Many people have suggested Khoury's to us, and it is only a few miles from our house, so I don't know why we hadn't tried it sooner. Khoury's is located on S. Ft. Apache and Patrick in the southwest. 



The crowd at Khoury's was pretty good for a Saturday night; we could sit either inside or outside, and of course I picked outside because the temperature is so perfect at night this time of year. We were greeted right away with water and menus by probably the nicest waitress we have ever come across. We decided to order the dinner for two people for $39.95; what a steal! The dinner for two comes with two soups or salads, an appetizer, two meals, and two desserts. Brett and I both started off with Greek salads and hummus and pita for our appetizer. 





I know I have said this at other restaurants we have been too, but I must have been lying, because this was by far the best hummus and pita I have ever had, in my life. I think I could have ate about two bowls at least, took a break and came back for more. :) The salad always was a great portion size and delicious (it was the dressing); it was so delicious that I forgot to take a picture! 

For our meals I ordered meat stuffed grape leaves and Brett ordered some lamb dish. Both were delicious. I ate many bites of Brett's which we all know it is normally one bite. Mine I ate three of the grape leaves, gave one to Brett and still had two to bring home. I had never had meat grape leaves and they literally melted in my mouth, perfection. 





Sometimes dessert is my favorite part and at Greek restaurants it definitely is one of my favorite things. Brett ordered rice pudding and I ordered baklava. Both of these were so delicious that I would cater them from the catering menu if I ever have a party in need of fabulous desserts. Of course, we ate every bite! 




Overall, this place was amazing. The service was top notch. Our waitress was so nice and we never had to ask for anything. The food was out of this world and the atmosphere was super fun, especially the outside seating. I definitely rate Khoury's 5 out of 5. 

What Brett Says...


This week we actually had enough time to go to a restaurant for a sit down meal.  We actually got to spend a little time with each other and relax.  Treat had heard about this Mediterranean restaurant close to our house and wanted to check it out.  So we went to "Khoury's" on Ft. Apache in the southwest part of town.  It is actually right by a couple of other restaurants we have reviewed.

I didn't even know this place existed, but when I saw it I assumed it was just another strip mall restaurant.  I was absolutely wrong.  When you walk in it looks like any other Mediterranean restaurant; that is until you ask to be seated on the patio.  The night just happened to be cool enough to allow that to happen.  When we walked out it was a complete surprise.  They had bushes completely enclosing the patio so you weren't staring at a street having to see and hear all the cars.  The plants did a good job of insulating against the noise, not sure how it would stand up to more traffic since we went on a Saturday night.  There were a bunch of tables and it had a nice intimate friendly set up.  

One thing I thought was pretty cool was that each table had a small mini rose plant on it; I think it was cool because everywhere else has flowers in a vase or a candle.  The lighting was nice and not overwhelming.  They also had a fountain which prevented noise for the outside world.  Now that the evenings are cooling down I can only imagine this patio gets more and more enjoyable.  From what I saw you also had the option of having a hookah at your table as well.
I was also pleasantly surprised by the service.  Generally when we go to an ethnic restaurant I can't understand the staff and they can't understand me.  I am also usually worried that I will not get what I actually ordered.  This place had servers that were attentive, polite, very friendly, spoke perfect English, and helpful.  I think there were only two servers and they were on top of things. Constantly checking on us, refilling water, and even opening the door for for us.  These two girls would get hired in a second at my restaurant.  If I had to come up with a single con to service it would be that they were a little slow to clean the tables after people left.  I think it was more of an issue with staffing and not the actual staff.

As for the food.  They have a $40 option which includes appetizer, entrees, and desserts for two people.  It was a pretty good set up for an amazing price.  The options to choose from were good as well, a few of the items required an up charge.  For our appetizer we went with the hummus, the hummus was good but the fresh pita was what made it amazing.  The pita is so fresh we had to deflate it because it was straight from the oven.  I decided to get the lamb shwarma; tons of lamb, veggies, and rice.  By the end of the meal I was ridiculously full...wasn't even sure dessert would happen, but dessert did happen; we ordered baklava and riec pudding.  Both were very good.  I think it is safe to say by the time we left it was the most full I have ever been.  The entire meal was amazing.
Overall I was impressed.  I will be going back, especially with the price.  The service was top notch and the patio was cool.  I recommend Khourys for every occasion.
Rating 5 out of 5


Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit this week. I love a dress that is a feminine color with a casual flair. The black pockets and skinny belt that it comes with are the perfect color combination. I wore this to 
a work event in the morning and of course to my dinner tonight; so it is true this look goes from day to night! Also, we know a dress that accentuates a tiny waist is my favorite and this one definitely does! This 

dress is available at the Rainbow location.




If you haven't already, you need to like the Patty's Closet Facebook page for all the latest shipment items and store locations: http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV and if you don't live in one of the states that has a Patty's, check out their online store: shop.ilovepattys.closet.com

On the 6th of October Patty's is opening Heart and Soul, a shoe boutique and Sparkle, an accessory boutique right next to the Rainbow store. It is going to be an exciting event and you can find all the details on the Patty's Facebook page! I will be there with bells on, so I hope to see you guys there too!!

Until next time, cheers to the fabulous fall season! xo



1 comment:

  1. Greek food, still haven't ventured into that cuisine, except for hummus at home. With a deal like you two got, here is the opportunity for all of us cautious eaters to break outside of our comfort zone and TRY something new. From the pictures everything looks delicious. Outfit of the week is adorable as always. It has that new style with the pockets being a different color; I love it! My list is growing for places to go! Have a good week, happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete