Monday, September 17, 2012

Week 66 Mac Shack

Although I love September, I will be happy when this month is over because our schedules have been absolutely crazy! If you talk to Brett he probably will agree we wouldn't have it any other way. There were so many great things to celebrate in the past couple of weeks so between those events and both working a lot, we are a little late on this post. Once the month dies down, we will be back to normal (posting on time). 

In the meantime, remember, you can always find our blog on the LV Informer, which is one of our favorite online newspapers under the Local Interest section, http://lasvegas.informermg.com/

Also, if you want a quick way to stay updated with everything that is going on with our blog, my outfits of the week provided by Patty's Closet, or just are awesome :), we are on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants

What Teray Says...

So this week's review is going to be short and sweet on my end and most likely for Brett too. If you are Italian like me, sometimes you just crave macaroni. I could eat macaroni everyday, but unfortunately if I did, the scale would be creeping up. Mac Shack is located about a half a mile (if that) from our house at the Durango and Warms Spring intersection. Back home in NJ, we had this place called Salad Works where you would create your own salad (Vegas needs this right now, or if there is somewhere like this someone please email me). Mac Shack is just like that but with macaroni. You can either choose from some options they have already created on the menu or you can make your own by choosing your own macaroni, your own sauce and your own toppings. 

Brett and I chose items already on the menu. I chose the brocolli pesto which was brocolli pesto, garlic and chicken over penne. Brett chose the a bacon macaroni and cheese. Speaking for mine, it was fantastic. The ingridients were fresh and it had the perfect amount of garlic, which I am in love with. I had a taste of Brett's too, and it was pretty amazing. I never thought about having bacon in macaroni, but something about how it was mixed in with the cheese was delicious.







To top it off, the service was quick, the place was clean and we had a coupon for buy one get one free so we got out of there with two meals and two drinks for under 13 bucks. If you are looking for a quick meal, but don't want fast food, I would highly recommend Mac Shack and give them a 4 out of 5. 

What Bretty Says...

This was yet another week when our lives ave taken over and will not allow us to just sit down and relax.  It is nice to know there are places out there that you can grab a quick bite to eat...besides fast food chains.  This week we went right up the road to "Mac Shack," Warm Springs and Durango.  The whole premise behind Mac Shack is quality pasta dishes done fast, they actually have a pretty extensive menu.  Another reason we chose here was the Entertainment Book buy one entree get one entree free coupon.

The whole set up is off the wall for a pasta place.  You order your food at the counter, like any fast food place, and then you go grab a seat.  The dining room is more of a restaurant style but with the touch of fast food.  The set up of the restaurant reminds me of a Fazzolis if you have ever been there.  The beverages are self serve but there is an employee that brings your food to whatever table you have chosen.  Not really too much to comment on as far as service, they were nice.  They got our order right and they did check in on us at the table.  What is confusing is the tip factor; you order at a counter, but someone brings you your food, you get your own drink, but someone checks in on your throughout your meal.  Are you expected to tip?  I didn't.  Neither the physical set up or the service are reasons to go here unless you are in the area...it is a wash.

As for food, you can create your own dish or you can order one of their menu options; I chose to go with one of theirs.  I went with a mac and cheese with cheddar/bacon, I also added chicken.  I completely forgot the name of the actual dish and of course they don't have it on their online menu.  I have to say I was impressed, the pasta was amazing.  The flavors worked well and it was memorable.  I had to add the chicken and I do not see how this works without it, I think it would be too small and just too much overbearing taste without chicken.  If you get it, pay for the upgrade.  Pricing is a bit more the most quick restaurants but it matches the quality of the food, you definitely get what you pay for in this instance...especially if you have a buy one get one free coupon.

Overall I am torn on Mac Shack.  The food was amazing but the place itself was pretty blah.  I think this is another case of a new perfect carry out place.  Find yourself a deal and go check it out.

Overall 3.75 out of 5


Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Check out my outfit of the week provided by Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique. I love this look because it can be worn for either a night on the town or to the office. The flowered print shirt is my favorite sheer material, and has neutral, fall colors which can be worn with a lot of options. The high-waisted black pants fit perfectly and are defintely a staple every girl needs in her wardrobe (they are comfy too). The wedges are something that I purchased a few weeks back but I am beyond obsessed with them. Everyone I run into thinks they are designer shoes and you can't go wrong with a patent leather wedge! This whole entire look (shirt, pants and shoes) can be found at the Rainbow location.




If you haven't already you should check out Patty's Closet Facebook page (click the link in the outfit description)  for all the latest shipment items and details about new store openings. Lucky for us fashion lovers they are opening a Sparkle and Heart and Soul right by the Rainbow store on October 6th! Also, if you are not lucky enough to have a Patty's Closet near you, you can order online at shop.ilovepattyscloset.com


Until next time, cheers to the cooler weather approaching. xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a definite alternative to the "more fatty" fast food menu AND who can resist a buy one get one coupon!!!! Sounds like a place to go when you really just don't feel like cooking :)

    Outfit of the week - beautiful colors in the top, great pants and great shoes ,,,another fashion runway hit in my book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear change of season renews all of our spirits and our wardrobes! Happy blogging..until next week, a faithful fan

    ReplyDelete