Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Week 56 Casa Don Juan

Happy 4th of July Everyone! Hope you are all having an amazing summer!! Again, to anyone new that has liked our Facebook page; thank you so much and we appreciate you!! If you haven't already you can like our page right here: http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants?bookmark_t=page

Also, you can always find our blog on the LV Informer, which we still cannot get over how cool that is! http://lasvegas.informermg.com/category/lv-local-interest/blog-connection/We are under the local interest section. 


What Teray Says...

So this week we chose another restaurant based on Groupon. We have gotten suggestions in the past for this place, so I knew it was going to be good. Our groupon included 2 meals and 2 jumbo margaritas (my summer fave!). 

Casa Don Juan is located downtown on Main Street. There is seating on the sidewalk outside, which would be amazing at night when it cools down, but the fact that when we went it was still over 100 degrees, we headed inside for the air conditioning.

We were seated right away and brought chips and salsa, bean dip, and guacomole. The chips were fantastic and so were all the dips. Whenever I go to a restaurant with chips, I know that I am going to be in trouble, because I could probably eat 3 bowls myself, especially if they are extra salty. 



For our Cadillac margaritas Brett chose a frozen one and I chose one on the rocks. I could probably drink margs as I call them all day, especially if they were the skinny version, but normally one is enough for me. :) They were fantastic by the way and I would come back here just for the drink and to me that is a big deal. 


For our meal, we both ordered the same thing: shrimp tacos. The tacos were huge! It came with rice and beans and the portion size was amazing. Of course I could only eat one taco and brought the other one home. I ate it a few hours later though. The food was so fresh, especially the sauces and shrimp, and there was just a perfect mix of flavors. Probably some of the best tacos I have had in Vegas. 


For dessert we ordered flan. I always for some odd reason get flan mixed up with another dessert that I can't think of right now, but after eating this flan, I will remember what it is from now on. It had to be the best flan that I have had in a long time. The portion size was perfect too so that we could share it!!! 


Again this week our Groupon find was a hit. The service was excellent, the food was to die for and the atmosphere was so fun. I can imagine having a great dinner with friends there (stay tuned friends for the invite :) ) I would rate Casa Don Juan 5 out of 5 and will definitely be heading there for Mexican food from now on.

What Brett Says...


This week was Mexican food week, thanks to another Groupon.  We decided to check out "Casa Don Juan" down on Main Street; can't beat Mexican food and margaritas during a hot Vegas summer.  They are located on Main Street just south of Charleston, it is pretty hard to miss.  Our Groupon covered two entrees and two margaritas, can't beat it for $25.

Casa Don Juan kinda tricks you.  From the outside it looks like another hole in the wall place, tiny, with a couple tables outside.  When you walk in you realize the place is really nice and surprisingly large; so large in fact we had a group of 24 people next to us.  The walls are covered with Mexican images, ranging from photos to paintings.  The seating was comfortable and spacious.  We didn't do a any exploring of the restaurant but it appeared to have two large rooms and a large bar, the outside sidewalk tables would probably be best saved for a cool fall Friday night...maybe on a first Friday.  One thing I really liked was that it was authentic Mexican, the menu was in Spanish, but they were nice enough to put English underneath.  I really appreciate this since most of Vegas is English with Spanish subtitles...just learn the language already.  I was surprised by the service, they were really busy (I mentioned the 24 people next to us), but our server was right on top of things.  He was at our table within a minute or two of us sitting down, we told him we had the Groupon and he walked us through what we could and couldn't get.  We didn't feel forgotten and best of all we didn't feel rushed.

Being such a perfect couple we are we ended up pretty much getting the same thing.  We each had the large margarita; except I had blended and hers was on the rocks.  I can't speak for hers...she did that up there, but mine was really good.  You could taste the tequila and it went down cold and smooth.  As for our entree we each ordered the shrimp tacos.  I was expecting some half assed Del Taco like shrimp taco, instead we got two huge overflowing tacos.  They used the baby shrimp and they put plenty in there for you, I ended up having to scoop up the parts that fell out of the tortilla.  Along with the tacos we got rice and beans...these were pretty standard, nothing to talk about.  A very filling meal overall.

Rating 4 out of 5
Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week

Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week this week! Love them- they are such amazing people. This look is so fierce! I am dying over this skull top, which is beyond edgy. I love the fact that it can be worn all seasons, because it is long sleeved. The shorts are such a pop of color and the fact that they are high-waisted makes them a great piece that can be worn with any kind of top. The buttons on them are the perfect detail. They are also so comfortable, which is important in my book! You can find this look at the Rainbow location.

 If you haven't already like I say every week you need to like Patty's Closet on Facebook because you will be able to check out all the new inventory each week on Tuesdays and Fridays at each store as well as keep updated on events and future store openings! You can like their page right here if you haven't already: http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV

Also, no matter where you live you can order from Patty's Closet online! The website is right here: shop.ilovepattyscloset.com

Lastly, being I am from NJ you know I have to let you in on the fabulous news that Patty's Closet is coming to NJ in August. It will be in Englewood and details will be coming soon, so you need to like Patty's Closet Facebook page for these details NJ friends!! <3 

Until next time: cheers to fireworks, freedom, food, fun, and most of all: family! xo


1 comment:

  1. Restaurant sounds fab and yet again another Groupon-you have to love that! From start to finish the meal looks delicious. Outfit of the week - adorable. The top is so modern and the shorts are to die for!!!!! Great look all around :)The pink is so pretty (one of my favorite colors)

    Off to Patty's Closet we go :)))))))))))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete