Friday, July 20, 2012

Week 58 Chocolate and Spice Bakery

Hi everyone :) We hope you are enjoying your summer as much as we are! I know we say this every week but we appreciate all of the readers so much! I can't believe the number of views we have on this blog. It amazes me everyday. Our goal is to get to 20,000 by the end of the year, and at the rate we are going, we definitely will! 

As I mention every week you can always find our blog on the LV Informer and even if you already know where our blog is, you need to check out this online newspaper to stay in the know of what is going on in Vegas!!! http://lasvegas.informermg.com/

Also, thanks for all the Facebook likes, and if you haven't already click on our page. We always like feedback and post frequently. http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants?bookmark_t=page

What Teray Says...

So this week we went of the suggestion of one of my friends Cecilia Clemmons to try Chocolate and Spice and I am so glad that we did. Chocolate and Spice is a bakery located in Summerlin, but it is much more than a bakery, it is the cutest place ever! (I will elaborate). When you walk into C & S it basically is like walking into bakery paradise. The decor is absolutely beautiful and the atmosphere is so relaxed and cheery that you immediately are in a good mood when you enter the door. I told Brett that I would love to have some sort of party here and I will still to the plan. 

There is a longer counter type table with higher chairs and mini tables with lush animal print chairs all over the bakery. It is basically like sitting in your cosy living room, chatting with your best friends and having a meal (my type of place). 



Well, I could go on about the decor forever, but I will continue with my review. :) There are many beverage choices and I went with an iced coffee (my favorite summer drink...heck my favorite drink all year round). Brett chose a frap, which I tasted and it was amazing, way better than the chain coffee places I am always visiting. We went at lunch time so I can speak for those options. There were many types of sandwiches, salads, macaroni dishes, and lunch meat pies. Although my mouth was watering for everything I went for a turkey sandwich with the fixings on fresh cranberry bread. Not only was this by far the best turkey sandwich I have ever had, the prices were phenomenal. Brett also ordered the same thing and we both finished the whole thing very quickly, which if you are a loyal reader, you know it is a rare occasion that I finish every bite of what I order. 





Let's get to the icing on the cake, the desserts. First take a look at these pictures and you will be able to see why I had a hard time deciding. 



Brett and I decided to order two things each. It's cheat day, so we can indulge. Hehe. Anyway, I chose a strawberry cake and a peanut butter and jelly bar. Brett chose a peanut butter and jelly bar and a Snicker's type thing. He will elaborate more I am sure. As for what we didn't choose there was everything from tons of flavored chocolates, to cupcakes, to pies, to more dessert bars. If you go there you will see the list goes on forever. My mouth is watering as I type this. They were the perfect size and again I feel like if I had a party soon, this is where I would be getting my desserts from for sure!


Overall, I absolutely loved Chocolate and Spice. I have found my new spot whenever I head over to Summerlin. Based on everything from the staff, the prices and the amazing food I would rate Chocolate and Spice absoultely perfect 5 out of 5! Check out their webpage: http://chocolatenspice.com/

What Brett Says...

Trying to get away from the standard restaurant once in a while is good.  Sometimes you don't want to have a waiter or wait for food to be cooked.  Sometimes you just need a relaxing environment where no one is bothering you.  It was that kind of week, so we decided to check out "Chocolate and Spice" on Sahara at Tenaya.  Chocolate and Spice is bakery meets coffeehouse meets deli.  Being the manly man I think I am I usually don't say what I'm about to say, but the place is cute.  I think everyone can like part of this place...hipster, upity, hippie, and maybe even redneck.


The place itself is pretty cool.  You order everything at the counter, the two women working were amazing.  Two of the nicest people I have encountered at a restaurant.  They both seemed to genuinely enjoy their jobs.  Service here is reason enough to return.  The counter you order at is one of the most tempting things I have ever seen.  They have sandwiches, pastas, baked goods, and candies.  As a former fat kid I really wish I had no concern for my waistline or my financial status.  I really wish I could tell you about everything they offer, I really do.  The rest of the restaurant has a pretty relaxing feel.  The have some counters, some tables, and a bunch of large comfortable chairs.  It kind of reminds me of a more extensive "Central Perk" from Friends.  The other upside is the smell, it is amazing and makes you crave more.


Lets get down to the good stuff...the food.  Teray and I both opted to get a turkey sandwich.  Only this turkey sandwich comes on a large cranberry ciabatta bun.  It was pretty large.  I'm not usually a fan of cold meat sandwiches but this is different.  The flavors are on point and the bread was amazing.  I also ordered a blended coffee drink, it took a little while to get but once I got it it was worth it.  The best part was that it was actually blended, I can't stand when my blended drinks have large chunks of ice that clog up the straw.  Once we were done with all that we decided to go back up for some dessert.  I ordered two little "homemade" candy bars; one was a peanut butter and jelly and the other was s'mores.  I was impressed and the only disappointment was that I limited my ordered to those two items.
I can only sum "Chocolate and Spice" with one word...AMAZING.
Rating: 5 out of 5



Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week:
Fashion lovers, here is your favorite part!! Of course thank you to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week. I am in love with this dress. Not only is it gorgeous, but it is so comfy! The halter style top and empire waist make it very flattering. The colors at the bottom give you many accessory and shoe choices. Lastly, I love that it is longer in the back and shorter in the front. :) You can find this fabulous dress at the Rainbow location!


Make sure that you like Patty's Closet Facebook page for all the latest shipment items (Tuesdays and Fridays) as well as new store openings. Also, for my tri-state area friends, they are running a contest that if you like the Facebook page, you could win a $100 to spend at the new store opening next month in NJ!!! How exciting is that??!!! So make sure you do that now!! http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV

Also, if you aren't lucky enough to have a Patty's Closet near you yet, you can order online from their online store at: shop.ilovepattyscloset.com

Until next time, cheers to all things sweet in life, whatever that may be to you. xoxo




1 comment:

  1. There is no ifs ands or buts about it, this place seems like a hit for anyone who goes there. I personally enjoy going to another coffee place (which will remain nameless) for a specialty coffee not only for the coffee, but for the casual sit around atmosphere it has AND they have no where near the variety this place seems to have. Great for lunch or even a dessert and coffee stop. Perfect seems to fit the bill. Definitely checking this one out!!!!! This fashion lover (grin,,yes I admit, I look so forward to the outfit each week) truly loves this pretty dress. The color, the style everything,,,perfecto!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete