Friday, July 13, 2012

Week 57: The Turing Point (Pier Village- Long Branch, NJ)

Hey Everyone :) I'm back from Jersey. I had such a great trip and figured I might as well blog from there being a big part of this blog (Patty's Closet) is opening their first store in New Jersey soon! How exciting right?!


While we were there my mom and I also got to be apart of a Glam Fairy episode for the Style Network. Patty and Juan from Patty's Closet were so nice and provided me with an outfit to wear for the episode. I can't wait for you guys to see it!! It will air in October. 


Isn't this colored, leopard dress fabulous??!!! I am obsessed. The fit was so flattering and of course it has my favorite things: cinched waist and shorter in the front with longer in the back. This dress is from the Rainbow location. If you check on the side of my pic you can see me with Alexa from Glam Fairy. It is kind of blurry from all of the lighting- but she is beyond nice and beautiful. Love her!




Remember, you can always find our blog on one of my favorite online publications, The Las Vegas Informer. Check them out here: http://lasvegas.informermg.com/ We are under the local interest section.


Also, if you haven't liked our Facebook page yet, you definitely should. We update it all the time! http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants?bookmark_t=page

What Teray Says...


So because Brett was in Vegas while I was in Jersey this week, this blog is just going to be what I say. Shorter for you guys to read. :) Hehe. One of my favorite places to go when I am in home at the Jersey Shore is Pier Village. Pier Village is basically condos, shops, restaurants, and nightlife right on the beach. If you ever go down to the Jersey Shore you need to visit there. The JS cast, Glam Fairy, and Jerseylicious cast visit their frequently from what I hear. :)


Anyway, my mom and I decided to go to Tuning Point because it is one of my favorite breakfast, brunch, lunch places in NJ. The food is so delicious and my favorite part is that you sit outside right on the beach. 







There wasn't a long wait to be seated and of course because of the nice day my mom and I chose to sit outside. I have sat inside too, the decor is beautiful and beachy. Being away from the beach, I just wanted to breathe in the smell of the air. 


My mom and I started off by ordering some coffee; she ordered hot coffee and I ordered iced coffee. They put iced water dispensers on your table with lemon already in the water. It is so refreshing. 






There is an extensive breakfast and lunch menu there. I couldn't decide at first which kind of food I wanted being that there were so many choices. My decided on ordering an egg white omelet with baby spinach, tomato, and cheese. It was also served with melon and an English muffin. My mom loved her omelet. From the taste I had it was delicious. 






I decided to order lunch food and went with half a sandwich and half a salad. For the sandwich I chose a grilled chicken pesto sandwich and for the salad I chose a Caesar salad. I have been on a Caesar salad obsession lately. I get these weird kicks with food where I will want to eat the same thing all the time and then not eat it again for awhile. The Caesar salad was fantastic. It even had lemon on it, which is more of an east coast thing to squeeze the lemon on the salad. These grated cheese was so fresh and the lettuce was crisp and fresh. I personally think that veggies on the east coast are way better than the west coast, but maybe I am biased. The sandwich also was beyond amazing and the half was so big that I felt like I had a whole sandwich. A few people seated around us even asked what I ordered. I should order sandwiches with pesto more often, because it was amazing! It also came with chips and salsa, which was a treat!








Overall, The Turning Point is amazing. If you ask anyone from Monmouth County, I am sure they would stay the same. The atmosphere, food, service, and the company of my mom all made me rate The Turning Point 5 out 5 and cannot wait to visit again when I go back! 




Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Thanks to Patty and Juan for providing me with my outfit of the week this week! I love this type of top because you can wear it so many ways! I chose to wear it more like a tunic and put a black romper underneath it. The color combination is so classic, and it can be dressed up or down. I also love the collar detail and the opening in the back. As you can see by the picture it also is shorter in the front and longer in the back. This look can be found at the Rainbow location!




Great news Patty's Closet fashion lovers, they are coming to NJ as I mentioned above. Make sure you check out their Facebook page for the details of that and also to see their new shipment items at all the stores on Tuesdays and Fridays. http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV You can also get the looks from their online store: shop.ilovepattyscloset.com 


Until next time, cheers to fashions coast to coast. xo



1 comment:

  1. Nothing like the Jersey Shore, so how appropo that you enjoyed the outside summer breezes along the oceanfront. Something about dining outside, makes the food and experience better.From the pics the food looks delicious!!!!! I go to the shore almost every summer. Putting it on my list of places to go. Outfit of the week is darling, trendy and fun!LOOKS light and breezy, perfect for your brunch date. Glad you had a great visit, nothing like family time (5 out of 5 in my book).Excited to see the episode. Keep us informed. Once again, look forward to next week's blog.

    ReplyDelete