Thursday, May 10, 2012

Week 48 Garfield's

Hi Everyone! Thanks for the continuous support with our blog. I cannot believe how many views were are getting; it is truly amazing. It is like the little blog that could :). Remember you can always find our  blog on the LV Informer http://lasvegas.informermg.com/ in the local interest section, and we always are writing on your Facebook page, so if you could like that it would be awesome! http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants?bookmark_t=page


What Teray Says...


This week Brett had a Groupon that we bought awhile back which include credit at Garfield's as well as two 25 minute massages at the spa next door. We headed into the lakes in Summerlin, which is gorgeous by the way and went right to the spa. The staff was extremely friendly and the massages were great. It was so quaint and peaceful to even be remotely near the lake.






After our massage we headed over to Garfield's for lunch. Garfield's reminds me so much of the beach restaurants back in Jersey. The decor is very summery, yet still a fancier place, and there is a patio  you can sit outside. We sat inside, but had a perfect view of the lake. Our waitress was very friendly and advised us of what we should order for lunch. I loved feeling the warm breeze as we waited for our food. You are given bread while you wait, which is always something that I love and hate at the same time. ;) I ordered a grilled chicken pesto sandwich with fries and I cannot for the life of me remember what Brett ordered. He will talk about it in his section. I normally am not the biggest fan of chicken because I eat it all the time, but it was delicious. I actually ate every single bite and all of the fries too. That is a sandwich I probably could eat a few times a week. 


My food



Brett's food
I really would like to go back there one day for dinner. I think it would be a great place for happy hour in the summer and very romantic. I rate Garfield's 4.5 out of 5 and I really enjoyed it. I think next time when I order more, they will get even a higher rating from me. 

What Brett Says...

So my life is hectic once again and it is causing a delay of the blog, I apologize.  This week's blog was inspired by an amazing Groupon deal; $55 for two 25 minute massages and lunch.  Not really sure how you could pass that one up.  Needless to say "Garfield's" was getting some outside support.  Being reviewed after an amazing massage is the way to go for a restaurant.  For any restaurant out there, I can be bought...just give me a massage and I will be happy to review you.  Seriously though...good reviews for massages.  Actually I am too much of a blunt ass to lie about something that isn't up to par.  So I guess you have to read to see how it was.

Garfield's is located on the water in Summerlin, there is a little strip mall on Regatta Drive.  This is a true transformation from strip mall to something else.  In Vegas you get so use to going to restaurants that are in strip malls, just a way of life.  Garfield's is amazing as far as transition and atmosphere.  You walk into an elegant dining room, the hostess leads you to the back where they have a two tiered patio which is set on the lake.  Sitting there eating I thought I was back at the restaurants in Michigan or Jersey.  I was just waiting for a boat to pull up and tie off.  There is just something special about eating on the water, getting to look out over the water, the soft breeze.  There is simply no better way to enjoy a meal on an amazing day.  Aside from the atmosphere we also had a pretty great server.  She was on top of things, offered some good conversation, and was honest about the menu.  Teray was going to order the Waldorf salad but the server informed her that there is way too much mayo...nothing like blunt honesty.  Only when a server tells you the flaws can you accept their suggestions.  

As for the meal, I went with the burger and fries.  Sitting on the water sometimes you just have to go simple and get American.  I can say they did a god job getting it right, the burger was filling and it tasted amazing.  The fries were right on as well.  This was the right way to cap off a strict clean eating week, on Saturdays I go crazy and eat what I want for three hours, this did me well.  Not a lot to say considering it was a burger and fries except it was good and I recommend it.  Everything we had there was good.

Garfield's for brunch gets a 4.5 out of 5




Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Huge thanks to Patty, Juan, and Jose for providing me with my outfit of the week this week. This dress is from the online Patty's Closet. You can get it at shop.ilovepattyscloset.com Not only is the color amazing, but the material is too. The lace details along the front are extremely flattering and give it a girly feel. The back is totally open and ties criss-cross on your back. I cannot wait to wear this dress again ♥ obsessed. This dress can be yours no matter where you live!! 


So if you haven't already you really need to like Patty's Closet on Facebook because you can find out all of the locations and they post pictures of their new items a few times a week. Main shipping days are Tuesdays and Fridays. :) http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV

Patty's Closet is also doing this amazing event for charity on the 19th of May called "Walk in Your Party Dress." Brett and I will be there and we hope you will be too. You can find out all the details by clicking the link: http://www.facebook.com/events/364916146893580/ Who wouldn't want to get dressed up for a good cause and what makes it more fun is that it is at Town Square. xoxo

Until next time, cheers to when opportunities knock, answering the door ;)

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a relaxing perfect day. I love to eat watching the water. Peaceful. Food sounds great and a massage...what a deal. The dress is sooooooooooooooooooooo pretty, the yellow shouts horray its spring.

    ReplyDelete