Sunday, May 27, 2012

Week 51 Babystacks Cafe

Wow, life has been busy. I can't believe that we have been doing this blog for almost a year. We have gotten so many requests to keep it going past the year, so I think we might do that (time allowing). It is just so fun for us to go out and try all these places, plus the fabulous fashions, it is such a hit!

Remember you can always find us on our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants?bookmark_t=page and we are featured in the LV Informer (an awesome Vegas online newspaper) so you can check us out there too! http://lasvegas.informermg.com/

What Teray Says...

So last week-end (we are a week behind) we headed to brunch (even though it was more like lunch time) at Babystacks Cafe. We have had many recommendations to go here, and I was in the mood for breakfast food, so we decided to hit it up. Babystacks is located on Buffalo and Flamingo in a strip mall (of course)....not too far from where we live. 

The crowd at Babystacks was huge. I was a little nervous that when we pulled up because there was a crowd gathered outside. We went in and were seated right away though, probably because two people was the smallest group at that time, which we lucked out. Looking around there were people of all ages and families, so this is really a place that anyone can go.

We were greeted by our waitress right away and took a few minutes to go through the menu. I had decided right away what I wanted, but Brett needed a little more time. I decided to go with the hash and eggs (I am obsessed with hash) I think because I remember my grandma ordering it when I was little, so when I see it on a menu, I normally choose it. For my side I upgraded to one of the gourmet pancakes and chose cinnamon raisin. 
Brett ordered the Loco Moco (I will let him explain what it is). Basically from what I remember it was rice, beef patties and eggs, but from the taste I had it was amazing. He also ordered half a stack of Rocky Road pancakes, which also were to die for, but if I ate something that rich I would have probably been full for days. 



It didn't take long for our food to come. The portion sizes are great. You really get your money's worth at babystacks. My hash and eggs had to be the best hash I have ever had, and the potatoes were out of this world. My pancakes were the perfect amount of sweet, and I ate every single bite. 

I would absolutely go back to Babystacks just to start trying all the different types of pancakes they have. You can check out their menu online: http://www.babystackscafe.com/ My rating for Babystacks Cafe is definitely 5 out of 5.



What Brett Says...


Sometimes you just need a good breakfast.  This week was one of those weeks, Teray keeps talking about "Babystacks" and how everyone raves about it so we figured we should give it a go.  They are at Flamingo and Buffalo.  Going in I had high expectations because the only other pancake specialty place I have been to was "The Griddle" and it was amazing.  Pulling in they looked busy which can be a good sign.

Babystacks is a small diner, not too many tables.  They have a simple design but it is comfortable, we sat at a two top table and we weren't crunched for space which was nice.  The menu is pretty extensive, it was to the point of being too much.  One of those places where you tend to spend more time looking at the menu then actually eating, luckily I was hungry and ordered two things.  The service was also another plus to Babystacks.  Things happened fast, which they should in a breakfast hotspot.  We always had things covered and never really needed to ask for much.She even dealt with the fact that I needed extensions on time to decide what to order; breakfast places tend to run at a higher speed then dinner places.  Their turnover is so much higher, they expect people to be in and out and get on with their day.  I never felt pressured to speed things up.

As for the food, I will start with the fact that they met those high expectations of mine.  I think their prices were a little high for breakfast, actually I will narrow it down more and say that their pancakes and add-ons were too high.  Everything else seemed to be an appropriate price.  Trying to decide what to order was the real challenge, not only do they have a vast variety of food but they have a bunch of different pancake flavors to choose from.  My advice is to do what I do and order a breakfast and some pancakes, both are worth it.  To start with I order the "Loco Moco:" steamed rice, hamburger patty, eggs, gravy, and macaroni salad.  Surprisingly this was a good combo, they had a couple combos that were Filipino and/or Hawaiian inspired.  I just took it all and mixed it all up, minus the macaroni salad, and tossed a bunch of hot sauce on it.  Just worked out.  I then had a half-stack of the "Rocky Road" pancakes.  They were chocolate, almonds, marshmallows, and chocolate sauce.  I'm not entirely sure how to describe it but amazing.  Had I known how great they were I probably would have manned up and gotten the full stack.  If you look at the pictures they don't do them justice.  I sampled some of Teray's and from what I remember it was good as well.

Overall Babystacks was a worthwhile experience.  Not really the place to go for a weekly breakfast but the occasional or the "when someone's in from out of town" breakfast.  I wish they had some kind of pancake sampler so I could see if they were all as good as the cakes I had.  I would recommend Babystacks to anyone looking for a good meal, especially if you are in the mood for Filipino or Hawaiian food...they even had Spam.  I knocked them down a little for the pricing but overall a good place to go.

RATING: 4.75 out of 5







Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Thanks to Patty and Juan for providing me with my outfit of the week this week! This dress is the perfect summer brunch look which can go from day to night. The straps at the top are leather and they adjust to fit your body perfectly. Also the belt is included and cinches at the waist. The material is light weight and the ruffles add a little girly detail to the top. I wore this during the day with flip flops and dressed it up at night time with sandals and jewelry. This look is available at the Rainbow location.

You can check out all the latest items at all the Patty's Closet locations on their Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV They get new items on Tuesdays and Fridays. You can also shop wherever you live from their online store: shop.ilovepattyscloset.com


Until next time- cheers to the week-end that starts off summer!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, this week I am going to comment on the dress first (because I can't wait lol). I love, love, love it! The color is one of this season's number one must haves and the dress style is soooooooooo fabulous. A style that would be flattering to all figure times! You knocked the ball over the fence I this one!!!!!! As far as the restaurant, breakfast food is my very favorite food to eat out and it sounds like this one was an absolute hit, not only taste wise, but bringing back a nice family memory :::)))))). Another one for the list!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete