Thursday, April 26, 2012

Week 47 Lilly's Thai and Vietnamese Food

Welcome back! Can you guys believe it is almost already May? In a few weeks Brett and I will be celebrating our one year anniversary. Wow, how time flies. Good thing we are the happiest we have ever been. :) Don't forget to like our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants

Also, you can find our blog on the Las Vegas Informer under the local interest section. Definitely check out this paper; it is awesome! http://lasvegas.informermg.com/


What Teray Says...


So this week I decided to go with a place that I have seen on Groupon, and normally the places are spot on. This week, um....not so much. From the outside, Lilly's looks like a casual place which it is. When we went in we were seated right away, and there was only one other party in the whole place. Within the next half an hour to forty minutes, the place filled up. I would know this because this is how long it took to get our first appetizer. Oh, I will get to that in a minute. 


I am assuming all of these people had a Groupon and the staff was not prepared because for a full restaurant, you should have more than one waiter. Anyway, back to the food. We wanted to order both Vietnamese and Thai spring rolls to compare the two. The waiter didn't seem to know what we said and I had a funny feeling something crazy would happen. Well, we only were brought the Thai spring rolls, not the Vietnamese one. With how long the first set took, we figured after 10 minutes not getting the other ones that we wouldn't even bother. They were good...but definitely nothing special, hence why I am not elaborating.




As for the food, I ordered drunken noodles and Brett ordered some Vietnamese thing. He couldn't pronounce it and we took pictures of the menu, because we knew for the life of us, we would not remember what was in the food. About an hour later, we finally got our food. People all around us were complaining about the service and the orders being wrong. There seemed to be other people in the back; you would think they would come out and help! 


One of these is what Brett ordered


I ordered the Drunken Noodle. It was very spicy which I liked, but again like I said, nothing special. It came with chicken, but it didn't say that on the menu. I am glad that I like chicken, because if I were a vegetarian or some other thing that is hip, then this meal would have not been for me. Poor Brett, I can't even describe his. He was so hungry after, we had to stop at Von's and he bought donuts. You know it is bad when you have to stop for more food after you ate out at a restaurant. 


Brett's mystery meal


My Drunken Noodles
The only highlights of this meal was the dessert and the company. For dessert we had mango sticky rice and green tea ice cream. I am glad he actually remembered to bring both this time, but again...how great could it have been that we had to stop at Von's afterwards.



Overall, as you can see...I am not pleased. I normally feel bad even saying bad things about places, but I have to rate Lilly's 1 out of 5. Just because I liked the dessert is why they got one point.


What Brett Says...


Another Groupon decision.  We opted to go to "Lilly's Thai &Vietnamese Restaurant," they are located at Sahara and Tenaya.  I will save everyone time by giving my rating and then explaining it.  I don't want you to waste time on this place even by reading this review, I give you the option how far to take it.  I am giving them a whopping ZERO out of a MILLION.  I wouldn't send my worst enemy here.  I cannot think of a single reason to go here.

The physical restaurant is in a strip mall, not the greatest part of town...not the worst either.  The place is awkward on the inside, the layout is not conducive to a good time and you feel wither segregated or crunched.  The decorating was boring; usually I spend time taking it all in, that was done in the first 3 minutes.  It also seemed to be kinda dark.

The food was kinda decent.  The Thai spring rolls were alright, probably they highlight of the experience.  I ordered a Vietnamese dish that according to the menu had different forms of pork.  That equaled out to be 4 small pieces of pork with some cold noodles and some random veggies.  Upon leaving the restaurant I had to stop and actually get something to eat.  Teray ordered a Thai dish, turns out the menu doesn't represent the actual food you get.  Hers was alright but nothing like what the menu described.  Even the desserts we ordered were just alright.  I would like to tell you about the Vietnamese spring rolls we ordered but we are still waiting for them at this moment.

Obviously the last thing that needs to be tackled is service.  They don't actually have anyone there that can be classified as a server.  There was this one guy that kept coming to our table and whispering, I think he was also apologizing most of the time.  I really couldn't understand a thing he said, I kinda took the role of server and just kind of dictated what happened each time he came.  He obviously is incompetent since he didn't bring us everything we ordered, we even made it easy by pointing to the menu as we ordered it.  The only reason this guy even got a tip was because we weren't trying to wait for him to figure out how to make change.

So, if somehow you missed it...Lilly's is horrible, simple put there is no redeemable quality.  The only chance they have is if they close down and new owners come in and they just happen to like the name Lilly.



Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week this week. I love a great fit and flair dress as I call it, especially the nautical stripes which are such a great trend for the summer. This dress is a stretchy material, but again it cinches at the waist to give you that hourglass figure. The back is crisscrossed straps which are open, but you can wear a bra if you need to. This perfect summer staple can be dressed up or down and is available at the Rainbow location. Oh and btw, my necklace is from Sparkle by Patty's Closet ;)


If you are busty like me and need to wear a bra, all you need to do is use some fashion double stick tape to cover the bra area :)
As you know Patty's Closet and Sparkle have many stores around the valley. Check out their facebook pages for updates and pictures of new shipments which are Tuesdays and Fridays. http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV  and http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sparkle-by-Pattys-Closet/160713480701946


Also, Patty's is now online!!! My outfit for this week-end will be from there, so you can get it anywhere you live!! http://shop.ilovepattyscloset.com/


Until next time, cheers to moving up and great accomplishments <3 

1 comment:

  1. I think you hit the nail on the head. It seems the restaurant was not prepared for the volume of business that the Groupon brought. Oh well, the dessert was good and the spring rolls :)

    Outfit was a hit as always.

    Until next week...happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete