Friday, April 13, 2012

Week 45: Ventano's

Hi guys! This week we chose our place for two reasons; one to eat closer to where our friends Trevor and Chelsie live and two based on recommendations on our Facebook page. I think you should like our page while you are at it, if you haven't already: http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants?bookmark_t=page

While we are on the subject of websites, our blog can also be found in the local interest section of the LV Informer, which you can access here: http://lasvegas.informermg.com/ . The paper is pretty awesome, you should check it out if you haven't.


What Teray Says...
Anyway, as I was saying, our friends all suggested this place via our Facebook page, so we knew we had to try it out. Plus, I am always a sucker for a romantic Italian restaurant. I could eat Italian food everyday, but living in Vegas, you have to keep the figure in check, so unfortunately not an option. LOL. 


Ventano's is located in Henderson that has an amazing view of the city. Pulling up, it even looks great from the outside. There is an outside patio to eat on, but we were afraid it might get too cool at night to sit there, so we elected for inside. The decor inside is beautiful. There is a separate bar behind glass, lots of booths and tables and a great atmosphere. It definitely is a romantic place. :) Everyone was dressed up for the most part, so I was glad we were too.






We ordered drinks, and I didn't feel like typical wine that I always get because I felt like I was drinking a lot of it over the break. I asked the waitress what their best known drink was and she offered to make me a specialty drink; I trusted her and am glad I did. It was a combination of rum, pineapple juice, cranberry juice and something else, and it was freaking amazing. One was fine though, because I am not a juice fan normally. I try to keep the drinks with a lot of sugar out of my rotation. 



For an appetizer all four of us had heard that we needed to order the shrimp on a brick. Wow, the suggestions were correct. I am a huge shrimp fan and the fact that it was basically cooked perfectly was even better. It came with this amazing dill sauce. I think there were about 25-30 pieces of shrimp. This is definitely something you could share. 




In between our apps, drink, and dinner we got these amazing bread sticks in a brown paper bag, which too me was pretty awesome that they were so low key about the presentation. Most likely because those bread sticks 100% speak for themselves. They were amazing. Better than the Olive Garden and I think O.G. has the best bread sticks like ever. 


For dinner we all ordered something different. I ordered chicken francese because I have not been able to find it anywhere since Jersey and that is my favorite Italian meal. It came with linguine. Brett ordered a home made lasagna, which looked and tasted pretty awesome by what I gathered from one bite. Chelsie ordered this potato wrapped salmon and it looked amazing and Trevor ordered a shrimp dish, but I can't remember what it was. 


My chicken francese was one of the best Italian meals I have had in Vegas. The sauce was the perfect amount of lemon mix and the chicken was cooked to perfection. I had to stop the waitress and tell her I was from Jersey and that we know Italian food, and this was amazing Italian food. I think I could probably eat that meal and at Ventano's a few nights a week if my budget allowed for it. 







We were too full to order dessert, even though I would have liked to try something...I just couldn't eat anymore. One of the coolest parts of the meal is that when the sun set, they pull up the shades and there is this beautiful view of the strip. I tried to take the best picture that I could, but it was a better view in person. 




Overall, Ventano's was amazing and by far one of my favorite places that we have visited. For the food, the atmosphere, the great service and beyond; I without a doubt rate Ventano's 5 out of 5. 


What Brett says...


This week we were a little unsure of where to go.  We wanted to go to the Southeast part of town, it was brought to our attention we have neglected that area...just so happened to be by the people we were going out to eat with.  So we took our loss of an idea to Facebook and asked our followers.  Several people came to us with the same suggestion; go to Ventano's Italian.  So, we went to Ventano's.  Just an FYI...if you have an Entertainment Book there is a 20% coupon, we just so happen to leave ours at home.


I'm not entirely sure what they were going for with the restaurant, I got a wine cellar/Vegas bar/laid back/semi formal feel.  When you walk in they have these awesome candles that have tons of melted wax from other candles (wine cellar).  They also have a bar are that is a little livelier with televisions and video poker (Vegas bar).  Then comes the outside patio made for lounging (laid back), and finally the formal tables with the white folded napkins (semi formal).  I think they are just shooting their hopes to high, considering they have video poker and all.  I will say when the sun goes down there is an amazing view of the lit up strip.  


The service however was very on par with upscale restaurants.  I don't remember our servers name but she was amazing.  In a very non-overbearing way she made it feel like we were her only table.  She was constantly making sure we had water and our drinks of choice.  She was able to start short term conversations and she wasn't hovering the entire time.  She also made a custom drink for the ladies...more importantly she dealt with two guys that can be a little (alot) tough when we are together.  


Now for the food.  It was Italian, all you need to know right.  It was legit Italian, coming from someone that cooked at an Italian restaurant back in the day.  I guess it helps that a hot Italian Jersey girl endorses their food too.  We started with the shrimp on the stone, something everyone recommended.  I have to say it was flashy and sizzling, beyond that it was shrimp.  It was good shrimp but I don't think it was anything to have a following.  Now for my entree I went with something filling and old school.  Somehow after eating two bowls of Cinnamon Toast Crunch I managed to put down their lasagna.  It was amazing, quite possibly the best lasagna I have had in a restaurant.  The serving was large, everything tasted fresh.  I think the most important aspect of the lasagna is that they bake it on the plate they serve it on.  I understand that it is premade in the day, but you can tell when it is nuked and when they heat it in the oven.  I give the dish two thumbs up.


Overall I enjoyed the dinner.  The view is reason enough to at least stop in for a quick drink and app.  What hurt the experience was that the price tag was pretty high for a place that has video poker.  I think a 20% price cut would make the menu fit the atmosphere.  We spent about $53/person and there were people hangin out watching sports, others in shorts and a tshirt.  For me it just didn't vibe.  Based on food alone they get a 4.5 out of 5, service 5 out of five, view 5 out of 5, and physical restaurant 2.5 out of 5.  Overall I think they earned a 3.75 out of 5.  It just didn't vibe for me.


Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week


Thanks to Patty, Juan, and Jose of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week this week! It is from the online store, which is beyond awesome, because anyone can get my look! The skirt is the perfect, classic girly, girly piece. I paired it with a white tank, a white short sleeved blazer (from the Rainbow Patty's) and light blue corked-heel pumps (from the Rainbow Patty's). I felt incredibly classy, and chic in this outfit. Pastels are a hit for spring, and you can never go wrong with a classic look that can be worn many occasions. This could also be dressed down with ballerina flats, a tank top tucked in, and hair in a bun :)


You can get this skirt, by clicking this link: http://shop.ilovepattyscloset.com/
Also, make sure to check out not only the Patty's Closet facebook page for all the newest items on Tuesdays and Fridays, but the Sparkle one as well!


http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sparkle-by-Pattys-Closet/160713480701946

Patty has put together this amazing charity walk coming up called "Walk in Your Party Dress" at Town Square on May 19th. It benefits Southern Nevada Children First. To join this great cause and look gorgeous while doing it, click the link below for more information. I hope to see you there! <3 


http://www.facebook.com/events/364916146893580/----Walk in Your Party Dress

Until next time, cheers to loving life! <3

1 comment:

  1. Nothing shouts romance like an Italian atmosphere.The country knows how to enjoy a meal and sounds like you did too! The skyline view of Vegas was an added bonus. Whenever I go out to dinner for Italian food, I always compare it to the homemade recipes we grew up on. I think most people do the same, so Italian restaurants have a harder task to try and score well more than any other type of food. Definitely worth trying and thanks for the heads up on the coupon.

    Outfit of the week.....(kissing fingers and throwing a kiss) keeping in the Italian flair of the conversation......... Excellento!!!! so feminine!

    Until next week,......happy blogging

    ReplyDelete