Saturday, April 21, 2012

Week 46 Rambo's Kitchen

Hi Everyone :) Welcome back. Now that the weather is getting warmer one of my favorite things to do is go out to eat. I am excited we get to continue this adventure with you. Don't forget you can always find us on The LV Informer http://lasvegas.informermg.com/ ; we are under the Local Interest section.


Oh and of course if you haven't already, you need to like our Facebook page (please ;) )))


http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants


What Teray Says...


To be honest, because Brett and I have both been so busy with school, and buying things for the house, the next couple of weeks we were and still are looking for places that we can eat on a budget, but still enjoy and leave satisfied. Last week while flipping through the Entertainment Book, I came across a coupon for Rambo's Kitchen. Rambo's is not far from our new house, and we both have mentioned on previous occasions that we want to eat there, we figured that was the perfect place to try.




Rambo's Kitchen is located on Ft. Apache and Patrick. It is a 1960's themed diner and when you walk in there is just pop culture decor of the 1960's everywhere. No, it is not too overwhelming; it is awesome. There diner also has a beachy, surfer vibe.  You wouldn't think so, but it really is the perfect mix. You can see what I am talking about in the pictures below. 








There are so many choices on this menu. You can have breakfast, lunch, or dinner anytime of the day. They also have a special each night. On Saturday when we went it was all you can eat spaghetti and meatballs. I would have gotten that but I went with the chilly cheese burger instead, because I was craving something super bad for you and comfort food after a crazy week. While on the topic of my  meal....it was amazing. It was one of the rare times that we went out and I finished the whole entire meal. There was so much chilly but not to the fact it was making a huge mess. The added bonus was that the sides of homemade chips (which if they sold by the bag I would be one fat girl) and macaroni salad were perfection. One of the best burgers I have had in Vegas. Brett ordered the Monte Cristo, but it was not in sandwich form...it looked like these little pastries. Inside those pastries was everything that would go on the sandwich; Brett will explain more, but I took one bite and it was to die for! 




Oooh I am talking out of order, one of the best things about this place is that while you are waiting you get to choose activities, games, or toys to play with. Brett and I had many rounds of Barrel of Monkeys. He did not have that game when he was a kid he said. Who doesn't have that game?! LOL, it is a classic. We really were into it as you could see from the pictures below. 






We were too full for dessert, but it looked like they had a lot of great choices. I think next time I would definitely try to leave room for the mini donuts. At the end of your meal, they bring you Bazooka Joe. I forgot about that gum. I loved it as a kid. Brett and I each read our comics like we were 5 years old. This place really brings out the fun kid in you. 




Overall, I absolutely loved, loved, loved Rambo's Kitchen. I cannot wait to go back their for breakfast and lunch and dinner and so on. The awesome thing is you can take out, and there is a coupon in the Entertainment book for buy one item, get one free. Without any question, I rate Rambo's Kitchen 5 out of 5. Everyone who reads there must check it out! 


What Brett Says...


Rambo.  Yes he is an American war hero, amazing movies.  Whenever you hear the name "Rambo" everyone gets the same image; Sly Stallone with a red headband and some weapon of destruction.  So naturally when Teray said we were going to "Rambo's Kitchen" you can image the joy and excitement that overcame me.  Then she told me it was a tie-die 60's diner I was a little disappointed but intrigued.  When I think of hippies and food I assume everything would be along the lines of munchies, not meals.  The fact that we had a buy one get one free coupon was going to sweeten the deal.

I have no idea how to explain the atmosphere inside the restaurant.  It is a strip mall diner, maybe 8 tables and and a takeout counter.  As for decorations; think Applebee's after a "pieces of flare" explosion set to the tone of tie-die meets pot head meets 60's musical greats.  There is stuff everywhere to look at, probably along the lines of a unorganized 60's media museum.  They also have a section dedicated to games, for the kids...or grown adults who like to play kids games.  When I say games I don't mean anything today's youth would have any idea how to play.  you have to go back to your childhood playing the games at your grandparents house from when your parents were kids.  They had Barrel of Monkeys, Go Fish, Old Maid, and other very old classic games.  The place is awesome.  The service was pretty awesome too.  Our server stuck with the theme; jean shorts and a tie-die shirt.  She was very friendly and was pretty cool considering we were a little overwhelmed by the menu and it took us forever to pick what we wanted.  She also made sure we were always topped off with water.  There were two servers working so I assume they split the place in half which is cool because even if they are full your server only has to worry about 3 other tables besides yours.

As for the food...I wish I would have had this back in the day when I was in search of that late night meal and/or munchies.  The selection is ridiculous, they have all you can eat meals and they serve breakfast all day.  If I remember correctly they were 6 or 7 pages of menu, nothing fancy but everything sounded good.  Teray got a chili burger with homemade chips, I managed to get a bite of it and can tell you that I approve...which means a lot since I grew up on coney dogs and burgers.  The chips were awesome, they beat out bag chips...thick and crunchy.  I decided to go in another direction and order off the "inner fat kid" breakfast menu.  If any of you have been to  a "Bennigans" you probably remember the Monte Cristo.  A Monte Cristo is a sandwich with deli meat (usually ham and turkey) and cheese on the inside of french toast.  Sounds amazing, right.  Now Bennigans and Rambo's Kitchen take it a step further and batter it then deep fry it.  Bennigans looks more like a deep fried sandwich while Rambo's looks like giant deep fried balls of goodness.  You get 4 of them and they are about 3" wide, they serve it with raspberry jelly.  I was blown away, best monte cristo I have ever had.  I use to make monte cristo's at one of the restaurants I cooked at and I in no way could have conceived this meal...amazing.  

Rambo's Kitchen knows what it wants to be and pulls it off nicely.  They aren't trying to be all fancy and stuff.  They keep the atmosphere simple, the menu simple, and most importantly they don't price gouge. 

For that they are they get a 5 out of 5.

Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my awesome outfit of the week this week. Tribal prints are one of my favorite trends for the summer time. The reason I love this top the most though, is because of the open back! I wore it with a tank underneath because the weather is cooler right now, but when it gets warmer I would most likely tie the back and pair it with denim shorts. The shirt looks cute both tied and untied. The light, breezy fabric and bold print, should make you want to definitely add this to your wardrobe. This top is available at the Rainbow location.

If you don't know already, there are many Patty's Closet locations around the valley and they all have different things. Check them out: http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV and their new shipments each Tuesday and Friday. They are also online now, which is beyond amazing. You can buy items by clicking right here: http://shop.ilovepattyscloset.com/

Until next time, cheers to working hard and playing hard. <3

1 comment:

  1. Well for the fact that you both gave it a 5 out of 5 this week , the restaurant must be terrific. I love when a restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner food all day. What attracts me most to this restaurant are the games!!! Oh my goodness, what a fantastic idea. Tapping into the adults fond childhood memories with these old time favorites is the best;kids get crayons at restaurant right? AND a BAZOOKA gum..penny candy day memories come to mind. Trying to blow a huge pink bubble without it popping on your face. Definitely looking for the GROUPON. As far as the outfit of the week, so cute so whimsical..perfect attire for your night out!!!!!! Once again thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete