Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Week 72 Origin India

Happy Halloween friends! I know we are very behind with blog and because we have been so busy, the next couple of reviews are just going to be posted by me. For this week I am about to review, we went to Origin India. Brett was there too, but because most of you know, or if you don't, he is on the east coast helping with the hurricane for emergency response, so as I mentioned above, I will be writing the review from one side. :) 

Remember, you can always find our blog on the LV Informer under the Local Interest section, http://lasvegas.informermg.com/. Also, we are on Facebook and love to hear from you guys so like our page and let's chat, http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants

What Teray Says...

So this week we headed for one of my favorite types of food, Indian food. Brett got a Groupon for a prefix meal that included one appetizer, two meals and one dessert for under  25 bucks, not bad at all if you ask me. Origin India is located right across from the Hard Rock on Paradise. There are many restaurants in that plaza so it is a pretty good place to head if you are looking for somewhere to eat. 

Origin India is beautiful inside; it is the type of place where you immediately want to host an upscale dinner party. We were seated right away and our waiter went over everything with us. I started with a red wine and Brett ordered an Indian beer. The red wine that I chose had to be some of the best that I have ever had. It was a Scarbolla, which now that I know I like, I will buy it in the store. I tasted Brett's Indian beer and it was pretty good too. I am not the biggest beer fan, so for me to like it, it must have been pretty good. 



For an appetizer we ordered homemade paneer cheese tikka, stuffed with apricots and raisins, marinated in coriander and basil glazed in Tandoor, pickled red cabbage. I had never had this before, but let me tell you, it was delicious and the best appetizer I had at an Indian restaurant ever. We also ordered sweet walnut and raisin bread, which was amazing and they should start selling it in stores. 








For dinner we ordered two family style meals that we could share along with white rice. We got the Southern Indian style diced lamb stir fry with curry leaves, black mustard seeds, whole Kashmiri chilli and coconut  and the Homestyle chicken curry scented with kaffir lime leaves, and smooth onion tomato sauce. Both of the meals had so much meat in them and the flavors were to die for. The lamb was cooked to perfection as well as the chicken curry. I would order both of those dishes again being the best that I have ever had and would probably drive there just to get them to go as well. My mouth is watering just typing this. 


For the dessert we ordered Gulab Jamun, which is Spongy mild balls made from cottage cheese and dry milk soaked in sweet syrup, served hot. The dessert was not only perfectly sweet, which is what I needed for the meal to be complete, but it was also light enough to not give you a major stomach ache after all of that food. 



Overall, the service was impeccable, the drinks were amazing and the food was some of the 
best I have had in my life. Without a doubt I rate Origin India 5 out of 5. Perfection. 

Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week

Thanks to Patty and Juan for providing me with my outfit of the week this week. Check out my outfit of the week provided by Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique. There are so many things I love about this look that I don't even know where to start. My top is a is a sheer, rich red with a shiny textured collar. What is so aw
esome about this top is that it is shorter in the front and longer in the back which makes it perfect to wear with a form-fitting bottom. As you can notice, the back is pleated, love so many details in one top. The pants are a camel color and are pleather from the knees down and on the pocket area. My newest accessory from Sparkle by Patty's Closet is a pin that goes on your collar. You put one pin on each side to create the look of a necklace. Mine is gold with little bows, but there are other metals and designs available at Sparkle. This look can be found at the Rainbow 

locations of Patty's and Sparkle.





Make sure if you haven't already you like the Patty's Facebook page which is linked above as well as the Sparkle page. If you aren't lucky enough to have either of those stores by you, check out shop.ilovepattyscloset.com to order online. 

Until next time, cheers to what's important in life, family and friends who are just like it. <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment