Friday, October 12, 2012

Week 69 Blue Fin Sushi

So I am the first to admit that we have been behind on the blog. Between Brett finishing up his internship and me working extra hours, life has been a little hectic. We can't complain though, we both are on this amazing life journey that is getting better and better everyday. 

Remember you can always find our blog on the LV Informer in the Local Interest section, http://lasvegas.informermg.com/. Also, we have a Facebook page for the blog and you can click the link and like it right here: http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants 

What Teray Says...

So about two weeks ago Brett and I were both craving sushi. It was his turn to pick and I didn't mention I was craving it because I did not want to influence his decision. When he told me we were heading to Blue Fin Sushi, the first question I asked was if they had all you can eat, and the answer was yes. Of course, the all you can eat component made me a happy girl. 

For the sake of this review and rather than talking about all the sushi rolls one by one, I am going to just do a brief summary and talk about everything as a whole. The food was delicious. The sushi rolls had the biggest pieces that I have ever had at an all your can eat. I had to break them apart to eat them in one bite, which is nothing really to complain about. 

The following is a list of items that we ordered: edamame, salmon skin salad, blue fin lasagna, egg rolls, Hawaiian roll, Rainbow roll, Spider roll, Sunset roll, Arizona roll, octopus, mackerel and strawberry, green tea and mango mochi. 

If you are a dedicated follower of our reviews you will notice that we ordered a lot less then we normally do at all you can eat, again that is due to the portion sizes, which made us full a lot faster. 










Overall, I really enjoyed Blue Fin Sushi. It is not a place I would think of going back to right away just because it is over in Henderson and we live in the southwest. The service was good though and the food was delicious so I rate it 4 out of 5. 

What Brett Says...


We normally try to stick closer to home, at least to the south or the west.  This week we decided to travel over to the east side of the valley.  You all know how it is here, everything you need is in your section of town and you stay there unless you have to.  We figured we needed to expand our geographical horizons.  So we went to "Blue Fin Sushi" at East Sunset and Sandhill.  Sometimes I wish this blot was a sushi blog...I just can't get enough of the stuff.  Blue Fin offers all you can eat, which is a major factor in our decision of where to go.  For $26 you get one hour of all you can eat, an employee assured us not to worry about the time limit.

Blue Fin resembles most sushi restaurants in Vegas.  It is small, few tables, and a large sushi bar.  There really isn't much else to say about the physical aspect.  It served it's purpose.  The service was pretty good.  At one point it felt like we were the only customers in the place; I think part of that was because they saw us taking pictures of the food...they busted us.  Regardless we were able to order food frequently and for the most part it came pretty quickly.  And once they caught on we couldn't get water refilled fast enough.
With all you can eat sushi you either win or lose on quality.  I'll start by saying I would consider Blue Fin a win.  The fish tasted fresh and the roll selection was pretty large.  Some of the rolls we ordered we giant, like ridiculous sized.  They also don't overload the rolls with rice to fill you up quick.  I can't think of anything I didn't like with the actual food. 


My biggest problems I have is that you only get one hour, you are constantly ordering so you don't run out of time.  It makes it tough to enjoy yourself and your company.  I don't usually eat more in two hours, if anything I eat less because the "you are full...stop eating" trigger kicks in.  I know they said don't worry about the time limit but they always have the option to cut you off at one hour.  My other issue is alcohol not being included; other places offer it.  I'm not saying it has to be top shelf but even some lower end saki would be nice.  Overall I was pleased though and I would return.  I would suggest your party size be no larger then 4 people just for the size of the restaurant.
Rating 4 out of 5


Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week for this date. Check out my outfit of the week provided by Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique. Sometimes the simplest looks make such a statement. I love this top, which is longer in the back and shorter in the front. The light-weight sheer material is my favorite type, and the best part is the leopard detailing on the sleeves by the wrists and at the collar. Leopard and ivory are both classic, so this top will take you through the seasons. I paired it with a solid brown mini and simple tank, but once it gets colder it will look awesome with some 

leggings and boots. You can find this fabulous top at the Rainbow location.




If you haven't already you should like Patty's Closet Facebook page which is linked above. You can see all the latest items from the new shipments and store events. If you aren't lucky enough to have a Patty's Closet near you, you can order from the online store. shop.ilovepattyscloset.com

Make sure you like the Facebook pages for the newest stores Sparkle by Patty's Closet and Heart and Soul by Patty's Closet. If you love accessories and shoes, these stores are for you. 
http://www.facebook.com/SparklebyPattysCloset 
http://www.facebook.com/HeartSoleByPc

Until next time, cheers to breathing in fresher air...xo


1 comment:

  1. As a faithful follower, I must first comment on the outfit. I love it as always. Your fashion sense has overflown into my daily decisions on what to wear and , of course, where to shop! A+ again. As for the sushi, it looks amazing and I am definitely going to check this place out this month.

    Happy Blogging, see you next week.

    ReplyDelete