Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Week 63 Jersey Mike's Subs

Hi Everyone and welcome back! We know that it has been awhile since we blogged and we are a bit behind, but our schedule has been packed! I just started working again last week and Brett was finishing up his clinicals and working overtime. Now that things have slowed down a bit today, we finally have time to write this blog.

So as you will see our blog has gotten a MAKE OVER :). Thanks to Lisa Juliano of Love Thy Lens Photography for providing us with this photoshoot. It was so generous of her and we appreciate the time and love the pictures. You can like her Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/lovethylens

Remember you can always find our blog on the Las Vegas Infomer, under the local interest section. http://lasvegas.informermg.com/

Lastly, if you haven't already, or if this is the first time you are visiting this blog, like our Facebook page! We update it daily: http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants

What Teray Says...

This week due to a bunch of unforeseen events, Brett and I had to order in. Well, I thought why not get a little bit of Jersey and pick up some subs from Jersey Mikes. Another bonus is Jersey Mike's is just a couple of blocks from where we live. I also had a coupon for two half subs, two bags of chips and two fountain drinks for $13.99; what a deal!!!

Being a frequent customer of Jersey Mike's back home in Jersey, I knew exactly what I was going to order. I ordered a club sub which consisted of turkey, ham, provolone, bacon, lettuce, onions, oil, vinegar, and spices. The toppings that I mentioned is what they call "The Mike's Way" but they also have tomato. I am not a tomato fan, so I left those out. For chips I picked baked Lays and of course my favorite, a fountain Diet Coke. My sub was perfection, I love Jersey Mike's...but yes, I am very biased. 


Brett ordered some sort of cheese steak and he will elaborate more in his portion of the review. 


Overall, I know this review is short and sweet, but take out meals are way shorter than sit down dinners, so this fits perfectly. Of course I would definitely go back to Jersey Mike's subs. It brings a little piece of home to me here in Vegas. For the meal, value, and quick service, I definitely give Jersey Mike's a 5 out of 5. If you do decide to go there a few other subs I recommend are The Jersey Shore Favorite, The Super Sub, and the Club Supreme. All off them are amazing! 

What Brett Says...

When life kicks into high gear and you are busy sometimes your food needs to be on pace with your schedule.  Most people jump to McDonalds or Taco Bell, but that just doesn't always do it.  Sometimes you need faster food but with a little quality, sometimes you just need a quality sandwich.  This week was one of those weeks, a sandwich just sounded good...and what better sandwich then a submarine sandwich.  We opted to try "Jersy Mikes" at Warm Springs and Durango.

Obviously this is going to be a shorter review, I will just put it altogether.  First I need to talk about the service.  We came in 45min before they closed for the night, we were the only ones there.  Having worked the restaurant business I know that last hour is time to get shit done so you can go home, not time to take care of people.  When we walked in we apologized for coming so late and both employees said it was no big deal, they both stopped what they were doing to take care of us.  At no point did they make us feel as though we were imposing on them, even though we were unofficially.  The place itself was a pretty standard sub shop, except it is all about New Jersey which puts Teray right a home.  It was extremely clean and everything was still put together even though they were prepping to close.  I ordered a regular steak melt sandwich; a hot grilled steak sandwich.  I am partial to steak and cheese sandwiches because the greatest one is at "Tubbys" in Michigan.  This was probably the closest I have found to that Tubbys sub.  It was pretty amazing, they guys working there didn't cut any corners or make it less of a sandwich because of the time.  Once they cook it up you choose what else goes on the sandwich...kinda like Subway.  We also got some chips and soda, nothing special to report there.  

Overall I was impressed.  I usually go to Subway for my subs; I may be switching to Jersey Mikes...at least if I am home or I know there is one in the area.  The prices are pretty comparable, even better if you get the buy one get one free out of the Entertainment Book.  If you are out for something good but with a little twist, or you just want to look at maps of New Jersey I would recommend you check them out.  I'm not sure if all of them are the same, I assume the food is but it would be tough to find one with this level of service.

Rating 5 out of 5

Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Check out my outfit of the week provided by Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique. I absolutely love this dress. I feel like it is so Carrie Bradshaw-esque. Although, it looks like a skirt and top, it is a dress. The skirt is fitted, but not skin tight, so it is very flattering. The detailed gold sequined collar is my favorite part of the dress. It can be worn all seasons because of the color combination. The look is perfect for a dinner date or a night out on the town. This dress is available at the Rainbow location. 

If you haven't already, you should like Patty's Closet Facebook page because you get all the latest news on store openings, events, and of course pictures of their new shipment items on Tuesdays and Fridays, http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV and if you aren't lucky enough to live near a Patty's Closet you can shop at their online store: shop.ilovepattyscloset.com

So if you haven't heard Patty's Closet is opening a new store with just shoes. Amazing right? Here's a fabulous idea though...if you like their Facebook page, you are eligible to win a free pair of shoes!!! How amazing right? Definitely click the link and enter to win! http://www.facebook.com/HeartSoleByPc

Until next time, cheers to the start of a new season and new beginnings. xo

1 comment:

  1. Jersey Mikes..I have been there and agree with both of you..a great value for your money, never disappointed and heck will have to look in my Entertainment Book (that seriously we all buy and always say we will use the coupons and don't lol). Outfit of the week..is CHIC with a capital "C". Love, love, love the look, and great photo. Love the new pics..am a big fan of black and whites, so that is a bonus too! Happy Blogging until next week......

    ReplyDelete