Saturday, August 4, 2012

Week 60 Sugar Factory (The Paris Hotel)

Hi Friends! Can you believe it is August already? I can't! This summer flew by, but luckily it has been my best Vegas summer ever, so I can't really complain. Anyway, we have some exciting things coming up for the blog that I am excited to share so stay tuned for those. I still cannot believe how many people read what we write and that people appreciate it and approach us with cool opportunities; what started out just as something fun for Brett and I has turned into an awesome experience all around. We appreciate every one of you who take the time to read, comment, email us, and write on our Facebook page. Speaking of Facebook, you can like our page right here: (shameless plug) http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants

Also, as I mention each week, you can find our blog in the LV Informer under the local interest section. You can follow them on Twitter @LVInformer and check out the paper right here: http://lasvegas.informermg.com/

Speaking of Twitter, I (Teray) have a Twitter account and I have in the past few months been tweeting a lot more. I have made some great connections for the blog through there, so if you are like me and want more followers (haha) follow me @TerayDragun and I'll follow you. I talk about the blog on there a lot too along with fashion (from Patty's Closet of course). 

What Teray Says...

So this week we went to the Sugar Factory located at the Paris Hotel. There are a few Sugar Factory locations here in Vegas, but we went to the one attached to the restaurant. I have been to the Sugar Factory a few times before for lunches and dinners with friends, so I knew it would be a good time. Brett had some good friends in town, so I chose this place to go and figured we could blog about it being we haven't visited many places on the strip. 



When you think of restaurants on the strip, you normally think of pricey places. The awesome thing about Sugar Factory is that it is a place where all ages can go and the food and drinks aren't pricey at all! I was hoping to spot some celebrities being they always are visiting the Sugar Factory, but I didn't see any. 



I had made reservations so when we arrived we didn't wait more than 5 minutes. We were seated right in the middle of the restaurant, which I like because then I can see all the action and take pictures without being so obvious and feeling like a tourist. :)



Although Sugar Factory has the most amazing alcoholic dessert flavored drinks, Brett and I stuck to water because we wanted to save our calories for one of the amazing desserts. Our friends ordered wine and beer, which seemed reasonably priced for the strip (note: I say for the strip). We ordered the appetizer of spinach and artichoke dip and it was definitely enough for four people. I would recommend that as an appetizer if you go there. 


It took us awhile to decide what we were going to order because there are just so many choices. You can check out their menu online before you go, because if you do you will save yourself a lot of time deciding. :) I ordered the french dip (which I have had before so I knew it was amazing). Brett ordered turkey and brie crepes and our friends ordered the club sandwich (which was huge and looked amazing) and a burger. I can only speak for my food because I didn't try anyone else's but the french dip there is amazing. The sandwich is not only huge, but you get the perfect amount of skinny french fries, which are my favorite type of fries. I gave some of my sandwich to Brett because it was way too big for one person. 



Even though we were full, I told Brett we had to get even just one dessert to share. We ordered a frozen peanut butter hot chocolate. It is definitely enough for two people. I ordered it at another time by myself and it was too much to finish, so I am glad that we got to share. This is probably the best frozen drink that I have ever had. At the Sugar Factory they have where you can just get desserts and if you do I suggest the frozen peanut butter hot chocolate for sure!


Overall, I would rate Sugar Factory 5 out of 5 because I love the food, I love the atmosphere and the prices are pretty good. I am biased though because it is one of my favorite restaurants here in Vegas. You know that Brett will be honest with his opinion, so read on!


What Brett Says...


This week we ventured somewhere out of the norm, to a place we usually try to avoid, to the busiest street in town...The Strip.  I had some friends in town from college, being that they are tourists we figured we might as well meet them somewhere known instead of the local places we usually end up at.  It was Teray' week to pick and in true Teray fashion she chose the Sugar Factory at Paris.  I had no idea what it was or what they serve, I assumed foods with sugar.  I drive by fairly often at work and knowing what the front looked like assumed it would be fashioned after a 7 year old girls pink princess party. (The front is one of the perks of this place! Of course I love it if it is pink and princess themed---Teray) 

When we got to there all I saw was a store filled with candy, I was starting to get a little confused.  Fortunately on the other side of the store there is a large restaurant with tables and a bar.  Surprisingly the place wasn't as girly as I thought, I wasn't uncomfortable at all with the decor and theme.  I was a little uncomfortable with the layout of the place, the tables were close enough that you could hear others conversations but even more annoying is that I kept getting walked into by people walking to and from their table.  I would also say that the tables are a little small, not horrible though.

The service.  I wasn't impressed at all, even more disappointed since it is at a Strip hotel.  Our server just wasn't very good; none of us are very soft speakers but we kept having to repeat what we were saying, this eventually led to us not getting everything we ordered.  I also spent a good amount of time waiting for water refills.  I'm not sure if it was the fact that he wasn't very good or if it was the fact that management decided to give him two tables of eight people at the same time.  My buddy and I both use to work in the restaurant industry and actually had an exchange about how our service wasn't going to be great considering he just got screwed.  We also informed him that we were starving and to let us know if something wasn't a good portion, I ended up with something I could eat in 4-5 bites.  Everyone we dealt with was friendly and polite however, which was nice.

So we were all starving.  Teray and I because it was our cheat day and my friends because they just got done with a 9 day rafting trip.  We started things off with a spinach/artichoke dip; I was impressed with both the taste and size.  If was nothing outrageous to write home about but then again it is hard to screw this up.  I decided to order out of the norm; I went with a turkey and brie crepe dish.  This thing was frickin' amazing, considering it was on a dinner menu it was extremely small and not filling.  Lucky for me Teray never eats everything she orders, so I also ate half a french dip and fries.  The french dip was very bland and dry but the fries were good.  To finish things up Teray and I each ordered a peanut butter frozen hot chocolate.  I would like to emphasize on the fact that not only did we order two, the server came back and asked if we needed anything and I said "nope, just those two."  We got one, at this point we weren't trying to deal with it anymore.  So we just split it, I know she doesn't have cooties so I was alright with it.

Overall, I would be much happier with eating this food if it was a local takeout joint where service wasn't as big of an issue.  The pricing wasn't horrible, especially considering it is in a hotel on the Strip.  All three of the other entrees ordered were very large, large enough that I was the only one to eat the entire entree...in fact the other three barely made it 50% through.  I would most likely not return, but I do not regret going.  Like I said the crepe was very good and the dip was good.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 

Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week

Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week this week!  I absolutely love these pants. The color is so rich and the fit is perfection. They can be worn out or to work, which is fabulous. The skinny belt is included. I paired them with a plain black tank and a skinny scarf with lighting bolts on it for the extra flair. The pants are available at the Rainbow location and my scarf (which can be made a bow as well) is from the Town Square location. 


Well, there are so many exciting things happening with Patty's Closet so I have to share just a few of them with you. First of all in a little over two weeks, a Patty's Closet is opening in NJ. I know, amazing right??!! To make the event even more exciting Briella and Jessica from Glam Fairy and Jerseylicious are hosting the grand opening. (Don't forget my mom and I will be on an episode of Glam Fairy airing in October, and I am wearing Patty's Closet) I am so jealous of everyone that gets to go; I wish I could fly back for this. I am such a fan of them and think they have the best style of the girls on those shows. I hope everyone that goes tells me all 
about it! 


Vegas Patty's lovers there is more excitement in store for us too! Pretty soon a Sparkle is going to be opening next to the Rainbow location and a Heart and Soul (new Patty's concept store for shoes) store right next to that. How amazing right? I know I am counting down the days and saving my money, because I am sure it is going to be shopping sprees gone wild! 

Also, there is a store opening in Hawaii soon too! To get all the details on these events check out the Patty's Closet Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV By liking the page you will get to see all the new items at all the new stores on shipment days. :) 

Lastly, if you aren't lucky enough to have a Patty's Closet near you yet, you can shop at Patty's Closet Online; check out their site: shop.ilovepattyscloset.com

Until next time, cheers to keeping it classy- xoxo

1 comment:

  1. At first glance, I thought bakery lol. Sounds like a cool place to try and how amazing it would have been to see a celebrity!!!! Going to the strip for a tourist is a must so a great choice. Food looks delicious. Portions are large with one exception lol. Outfit of the week - my fave part- is so classic, a great look. The colored pants are awesome. Seriously, girls how many of us have a closet full of black, grey, brown and more black lol ...nice to add that splash of color :) Exciting things happening for Patty's Closet..so cool. Looking forward to next week, keep enjoying, keep blogging, and enjoying the journey!

    ReplyDelete