Saturday, August 18, 2012

Week 62 Ranch House Kitchen (Town Square)

Hey Everyone <3 Welcome back! I cannot believe that next week summer as I know it is basically over. It was an amazing one though and don't worry, we still have many exciting things on the way, restaurants to review, and fabulous outfits of the week provided by Patty's Closet. 

So some exciting news, we were approached with an opportunity to work with Love Thy Lens Photography. http://www.facebook.com/lovethylens Lisa offered to do a shoot for our blog to give it a make-over with some updated shots. I cannot wait for you guys to see how it turns out because we really brainstormed a cool concept. I suggest you like you Facebook page above and the pictures will be posted soon.


As always, remember you can find our blog on the Las Vegas Informer under the local interest section: http://lasvegas.informermg.com/

Also, we are on Facebook and update our page frequently so please like out page right here: http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants?bookmark_t=page or you can follow me on Twitter @TerayDragun https://twitter.com/TerayDragun.

What Teray Says...


So this week after our date we knew that we were going to meet some of our friends at a Spy on Vegas event at Blue Martini. Being it was my turn to pick the restaurant, I figured why not pick somewhere in Town Square. We had never been to Ranch House and it is right next door to Blue Martini, easy decision.


Sometimes we are have friends join us on our dates. This week our friend Adam came along with us at Ranch House, so I will talk about what all three of us ordered. Adam beat us there because as Brett might mention, it took me forever to do my hair and we were running late. We sat in the outside area, but there were misters so the heat didn't bother me as much as it normally does. Oh, for those of you that don't know, Ranch House took over Cadillac Ranch's spot. 


Our server was on the ball and we just all ordered water because we would be getting free drinks next door. They have a huge menu, so it took us a little bit to decide what to order. I wish I had branched out and tried something off the potato, grilled cheese, or breakfast menu, but I have been craving Cesar salad so much lately that I got a chicken Cesar salad wrap. I have no idea what the thing that Brett ordered was called, but it look really good, and Adam ordered a cobb salad. FYI, their menu is huge; it is definitely some place that all ages could go because there is something for everyone. 


It took a little while to get our food, but I think Brett's probably took really long to cook. Adam's salad looked fresh and delicious and I enjoyed my Cesar salad wrap immensely. You can order sides, but being I wasn't super hungry, I just went with the wrap. 






Brett and Adam both ordered dessert. Again, I wanted to save my calories for the free drinks so I skipped it. Brett got this huge cookie pie thing and Adam got a piece of pie. Both looked so delicious. Brett let me have a taste of his, and it was just the perfect amount of sweet without being sugar overload. If we ever go back, I will splurge.








Overall, I liked Ranch House Kitchen. I really would like to go back and try something different from what I usually order. Our service was good and so was the food so I would rate it 3 out 5. I heard it is a fun place to be at night time and that they serve a good brunch, so if I ever go back it will be on a Sunday for brunch.

What Brett Says...

This week we picked our restaurant based on what we were doing after dinner; we had plans to go to the Spy on Vegas event at Blue Martini.  Since we were going to Town Square we figured we might as well eat there, there are always places closing which means new restaurants opening.  We decided to go to "Ranch House Kitchen" which is where Cadillac Ranch use to be.  I'm pretty sure they just changed the name and tweaked the menu.  

The place is huge, I think this is part of the reason Cadillac Ranch didn't make it.  It is your standard Americana restaurant with wood everywhere and all that is American.  One part that is nice is their patio, they are on the second floor and the patio overlooks the open area outside of Rave theaters; good spot to people watch.  It was hot outside but the shade and their fans kept us pretty comfortable.  If you have been to Town Square it is a pretty standard restaurant, comparable to Miller's Ale House and Yard House just with their own twist, well not their twist...with a Cadillac Ranch twist.  The service was good, it was nothing special though.  He was there when we needed him and wasn't hovering over us.  I think the lack of things to say about the restaurant and the service sum it up well; it was there, it served and purpose, but they aren't anything to write home about.

I'm pretty sure the menu is the same as Cadillac Ranch's with different words and descriptions, it is a pretty standard American restaurant.  I decided to go with the Cheddar Brisket Grinder.  They describe it as "thick slices of brisket stacked with roasted red peppers, white cheddar cheese, crispy onions, mayo and steak sauce on a hoagie roll."  I can tell you that all of these flavors work well, the blend and they are delicious.  Unfortunately they make a horrible sandwich, specifically the thick slices of brisket.  I'm pretty sure it was just one large slab of brisket, which I'm not one to complain about.  That is until I am expected to chew through it.  I took one bite and pulled off all the brisket, which left me with a grilled cheese sandwich of sorts.  All of it was good I think they should just switch it to thinly sliced or chopped up brisket.  Maybe I'm the only one but I hate when a sandwich falls apart and/or you don't get to taste all the parts of said sandwich in each bite.  If I had to eat this again I would just cut it all up and make it into a mixed plate.  To follow up my sandwich I decided I would indeed get some dessert, I opted to get one of the greatest dessert items to find on a menu...a chocolate chip cookie skillet.  A large chocolate chip cookie on a metal skillet straight out of the oven with vanilla ice cream on top.  I would happily go back to a fat kid if I could just make these a large part of my diet.  I think it all goes back to childhood when my mom use to make chocolate chip cookie pie...a quick way to my heart (hint hint).  This was amazing, they did it very well.

Overall I wasn't impressed with Ranch House, there is no originality and it just wasn't all that great.  I wouldn't be surprised if the owners of Cadillac Ranch just closed and opened it with a different name hoping to boost business...which probably won't work.  I think the space is just too big, maybe when I get some cash I will buy it and turn it into something amazing.  However, you need to stop in for the chocolate chip cookie skillet.

Rating: 3 out of 5


Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week

Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week this week. I am beyond obsessed and in love with this maxi dress. Not only is the fit so flattering, the colors make such a statement. It is classy in the fact that it is long and doesn't show everything, but also sassy that there are slits up the bottom of it. The material is light weight so it kept me cool on this 110 night. I received so many compliments on this 
dress that I felt like a princess. You can find this look at the Rainbow location.



You can find out all the latest information on store openings (Heart and Soul the shoe store is coming soon), new shipment items and special events at Patty's Closet Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV

Also, you should time a moment and like the Heart and Soul Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/HeartSoleByPc and the Sparkle Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/SparklebyPattysCloset

Even if you don't live in Vegas, Portland or NJ where there are Patty's Closet locations, you can order online from their website: shop.ilovepattyscloset.com

Until next time, cheers to opportunities knocking <3 xo

1 comment:

  1. I read and enjoyed the review as always and it sounds like a place that I would try, but as I was scrolling down to comment ....there was Teray in the most beautiful dress...you may have felt like a princess because you looked as stunning as one!!!! Wow, great look, earrings, accessories, and hair..!!!!!

    ReplyDelete