Monday, March 11, 2013

Week 89 Montana Meat Company

Hello again followers, thanks for taking the time to read our blog. Speaking of followers just a quick thanks to our new followers on Facebook, we appreciate your support. I cannot believe it is March already, where is the time going? At least the weather has been amazing and spring is in the air. There are so many great things we have to look forward to coming up that I know I don't mind that the time is going fast. 

Remember, you can always find our blog on the LV Informer under the Local Interest section http://lasvegas.informermg.com/, we also have a Facebook page as I mentioned above, so feel free to follow for the latest updates and outfits, http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants.

What Teray Says...

This week for the blog, it was Brett's choice to pick where we were going. He has been mentioning Montana Meat Company for awhile, so we decided to finally go there. Montana Meat Company is not too far from our house on Durango, so the drive was quick. 

Montana Meat Company is a pretty cool set up. There is a restaurant section and a bar section, which I think is cool because if you wanted to just hit the bar for a drink you could do that or you could go in the restaurant area for a nice meal. I personally like when the two are separated. 

Brett and I were seated in a cozy booth and greeted by our server not too long after that. I ordered a red wine and Brett ordered a drink as well. Brett was disappointed that he ordered a tall and got a small, but he didn't complain to the waitress. For an appetizer we ordered the spinach and artichoke dip, I was craving artichoke for some reason. The portion size was pretty good, same as any standard bar food portion you would order somewhere. 

For dinner we ordered the Grill for Two option. For $34.95 you get shrimp, chicken, a huge steak, veggies, potatoes and mushrooms. This is such a perfect option because you get to try everything and the price is excellent for the portions that you get. The potatoes and the steak were to die for, absolutely fabulous. I wasn't the biggest fan of the chicken, but I am not a fan when chicken is blackened so I think that is why. The steamed veggies and mushrooms were excellent as well. The best of the best of that meal though was the shrimp. I love shrimp, so I think by default it was my favorite. For dessert we ordered the caramel cake, which was to die for. If you go to Montana Meat, you have to try that cake! 

As for the service, it was mediocre, nothing to write home about. We didn't get checked on that much, which was surprising because it was Saturday night and it wasn't that busy. Oh well. 

My review was short and sweet because it was a pretty black and white experience. The food was good and our meal was quick. I would rate Montana Meat Company 3 out 5. Maybe one day I will  go back during happy hour and try the bar options. 










What Brett Says...

For some reason we see restaurants that we want to go to and for some reason we never actually go.  When we bought our house last year we kept driving by "Montana Meat Company" on Durango near Blue Diamond.  Over a year later and we had not yet been there; so it worked out that we were both in the mood for steak and we didn't feel like traveling too far.

Surprisingly Montana Meat is a stand alone building and it is a pretty big place.  It has the wilderness lodge/brewery/Vegas bar feel, I'm not really sure what that means either.  What I liked was that the inside felt like there was more to it then making money off of video poker, the restaurant part actually looked and felt like a restaurant.

The biggest problem I had with Montana Meat was the service.  The servers, especially ours, seemed like immature girls who just started.  Our server knew what was required of her to keep her job and did the bare minimum.  I am big on getting things right and not having to order things multiple times.  We ordered two waters, twice because she apparently did not feel it was necessary to bring it when we actually wanted it.  I also ordered a "Tall house whiskey and coke."  From my experience in the industry that means I want a single shot of cheap whiskey mixed with coke in a large glass and not a rocks glass.  What I got was a whiskey and coke in a rocks glass, not the end of the world but is shows she could care less what we wanted.  Luckily we ordered simple things and what I assume to be a fairly popular dinner.  I will say that the hostess was very nice and seemed to like her job and not just blow it off.

Going to a steak house is usually something that leads to getting great food.  Going to a steak house that also doubles as a local Vegas bar is concerning.  They offer a bunch of specials on line, they even had one at the table that we didn't know about going in.  We started things off simple with a spinach artichoke dip.  I would say that this is one of the safest appetizers to get anywhere, it is pretty hard to screw up.  They did not screw it up, it wasn't outstanding and they are skimpy with the chips but it served it's purpose.  For dinner we decided to get the special advertised at the table, it is perfect for 2-3 people (two if you are hungry).  It includes ribeye, chicken, shrimp, mushrooms, veggies, and mashed potatoes.  It turned out to be quite a bit of food and it is only $35.  I can honestly say that every bit of this meal was amazing.  The steak was cooked perfectly and the sauce was paired very well with it, the chicken was moist, and the shrimp was huge.  The mushrooms were awesome, the mashed potatoes were great.  Next time I want a quick hungry mans meal I am going to go back here and get this deal.

Overall I would say it is worth it to go here, don't expect much from the wait staff...not sure about the bar staff.  The atmosphere and the food more then make up for the service.  What really makes it worth while is the specials on legitimately great food.  

Rating: 4 out of 5






Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Thank you to Patty and Juan for providing me with my outfit of the week this week. Check out my outfit of the week provided by Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique. Being from Jersey, I love anything animal print or with jungle animals on it. As soon I saw this skirt, I knew it was what I was going to wear this week. What a statement piece! The great thing about a maxi is you can dress it up or down, plus it is comfy. I paired it with a teal tank from Patty's and because it was cold last night, tied a boyfriend at the waist over it. Because of all the colors in this skirt, you can wear anything with it! You can find this look at the Rainbow PC 
location.



If you aren't lucky enough to have a Patty's Closet near you, you can always shop online at shop.ilovepattyscloset.com. Also, make sure to like their Facebook page which is linked above to keep up on all the latest events, store openings, and to see pictures of the newest items on shipment days which are Tuesdays and Fridays. Stop by one of the stores near you for a spring fashion shopping spree and be sure to tell them Teray sent you! 

Until next time, cheers to longer, sunny days. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment