Saturday, March 16, 2013

Week 90 The Pancake House

Welcome back everyone. Thank you all in advance for the new likes on our Facebook page. We are super close to 300 likes, so if you haven't already, feel free to like our page, http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants. Also, remember you can always find our blog on the LV Informer, which is an amazing online publication here in Vegas. We are under the Local Interest Section, http://lasvegas.informermg.com/

What Teray Says...



This week we had a Groupon for the Original Pancake House. I know people rave about this place. I have been a few times with Brett and am impressed but not blown away like most people. I feel like back home we had so many amazing pancake houses that Original Pancake House doesn't get me too excited.

First of all, we went on a Sunday morning, which is the most popular day of the week. The one on Ft. Apache, which we chose and is closet to us had a 45 minute wait to be seated. I was a little grumpy about that, but it was a nice day so we waited half of the time outside. When the wind picked up we went back inside and started to plan our vacation for the summer to waste time.

Once we were seated, we only took a few moments to look at the menu. Of course I got coffee to drink. I ordered eggs and hash which came with potato pancakes. Brett ordered bacon along with an apple pancake, which is actually more like a cake and takes 30 minutes to bake. Luckily, we hadn't run out of conversation because everything seemed to be a waiting game.

Once our food came, I was impressed, that was the first time that I had potato pancakes and I really enjoyed them. As for the hash and eggs, they were good, but nothing to write home about. Why didn't I order amazing pancakes at the pancake house you ask? See, I have to be in the mood for huge breakfast items like that, because they normally leave me with a stomach ache the whole day, and I wasn't feeling that, especially with Brett off.

My review is short and sweet, because breakfast is a meal that is normally short and sweet. I like The Original Pancake House, but in contrary to most, it is not my favorite. I would rather go to a brunch place where brunch is an experience and if I want amazing pancakes, I will head back to Babystacks or The Griddle.

I rate it 3.5 out of 5.








What Brett Says...

I love breakfast food, I love brunch even more...do I eat eggs of a sandwich.  It's all about options.  This week we went for brunch, thanks to a Groupon deal we dined at "The Original Pancake House" on Ft. Apache near Flamingo.  Do not go to the one at Charleston and Decatur, it is currently half burned to the ground and the one at Green Valley Ranch is no longer there.

The Original Pancake House is like a breakfast diner found elsewhere, there are no slot machines and no alcohol.  They have limited hours, 7am-2pm (weekdays) and 7am-3pm (weekends).  They are all about breakfast and brunch.  They have a good amount of seating, not enough for the crowd they bring in though.  When we got there we put our name on the list for a 45 minute wait, there were people waiting inside and outside.  It has a comfortable feel, which is kind of restricted due to the amount of people around.

The service was great.  We were taking our time and our server never felt pushy.  He got us our drinks fast and made sure they were always full.  Breakfast is easy as far as service goes...drinks, food, check.  We ordered the food we wanted, it came out pretty quick, and was exactly how we wanted it.  One thing that's kind of cool and small town is that when you pay the bill you pay it at the register up at the front.

As for the food, you have options.  They are known for their specialty pancakes, so why not.  Just look online and see how many options there are; crepes, pancakes, eggs, waffles, etc.  The options as far as pancakes outnumbers most other places menu.  I decided to get the Apple Pancake; massage mound of amazing bread/pancake covered in apple slices with cinnamon.  It was gigantic and pushed my ability to consume it all, I did it but I was challenged.  Aside from that I also ordered a side of bacon.  While the side only came with 4 slices the slices were pretty thick, so I guess it evens out.  I enjoyed both the Apple Pancake and the bacon...I would like more right now.  Who wants to go get some?

Overall I would say this place rocks.  Expect to wait for a table but it is worth it.  I think I need to go back often just to explore the menu more.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5


Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Check out my outfit of the week provided by Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique. As much as I love to dress up, sometimes you just want to be casual, comfy and fashionable all at the same time. I love this top for two reasons, one because a graphic tank can be worn so many ways here in Vegas (for an outing, relaxing, working out, or over a bikini at the pool). The second reason I love this is because the playing card on the front and the back are symbolize Vegas. I paired it with some boyfriend jeans and sneaksers. You can find this look at the Rainbow PC location. 
Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week this week. 


If you haven't already you should check out the Patty's Closet Facebook page which is liked above. By doing that, you will stay up to date on all the latest store openings as well as get to see shipment items on Tuesdays and Fridays in every store! If you aren't lucky enough to have a Patty's Closet near you, you can shop online at shop.ilovepattyscloset.com

Until next time, cheers to longer, sunshine filled days. xo 


1 comment:

  1. Love eating breakfast out,,,or actually I should rephrase that, I love eating "eggs" for breakfast out, not a fan of pancakes or waffles or french toast. But yummy omelets, yes siree! Sounds like a place to at least give a try. Outfit of the week, is darn cute!!!!!! Fun .
    Happy blogging !

    ReplyDelete