Saturday, June 23, 2012

Week 54 Goyemon Sushi House

We're back! Yes, we know we went to this place two weeks ago but right after we did, we left for Hawaii so we were not only vacation from the hustle and bustle of life but on vacation from the blog too. It was nice to come back to messages and emails to see if we were continuing the blog, and the answer is yes, we are back. :) Glad to have such faithful readers.


Remember you can always find our blog on the LV Informer, which is pretty awesome to be featured in a publication http://lasvegas.informermg.com/. Also, like our Facebook page for the latest updates: http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants?bookmark_t=page


What Teray Says...


So the last restaurant we visited for our blog was called Goyemon Sushi House. Not only are Brett and I huge fans of sushi, but we love a place that has all you can eat sushi. You figure you can either pay around $25 for two fancy rolls or you can get all you can eat for a few dollars more and have choices of the whole menu, which is of course what we did.


Goyemon is located at Decatur and Hacienda. It is in a strip mall like most restaurants around here, but you would never know it when you are inside. I have to say, we did go at a popular time on Friday night and it was packed. We had to wait about 20 minutes for our seats (they don't take reservations) but it was a nice night and they have tables outside that you can wait at.


When we were seating the place was still hopping and we were greeted by our server right away. We read over the rules of all you can eat and found out that it lasted an hour, you could share and you could either order full orders or half orders. I have never been to an all you can eat sushi place that allowed you to order half orders which was great for me because you can get 4 pieces instead of 8. 


I have to say Goyemon had the best sushi that I have ever eaten in Vegas. I am just going to list them items that we ordered and if you want to know what is in them, I will put the link to the menu: http://www.sushihousegoyemon.com/#menu_all_you_can_d

Between Brett and I we ordered the following things, all which were amazing by the way: athena roll, miso soup, seaweed salad, rainbow roll (my favorite), spider roll, shrimp tempura, lemon roll, alaskan roll, calamari, yellowtail, edamame, teriyaki chicken, green tea ice cream, strawberry and vanilla mochi, red bean ice cream, green tea creme brulee, and tempura ice cream. 














Overall, I would absolutely rate Goyemon 5 out of 5 and think it is going to be my new go to sushi place. The service, food, and atmosphere were top notch!!!


What Brett Says...


If you know us then you know we are huge fans of sushi, before the blog we would go a couple times a month.  Which is why it is nice when we get to go for the blog, this was one of those weeks.  We decided to stay fairly close to home and go to "Sushi House Goyemon," on Decatur just north of Hacienda.  I had no idea this place even existed, which is weird because one of my posts is Hacienda/Decatur.  They are located at the end of a strip mall on the west side of the street.  I was starving going in so I was prepared to try plenty to give an accurate account of the overall selection.  

We decided to do the all you can eat option, always a good idea when you go in super hungry.  For $26.95 (which is about the going rate for all you can eat) you get to spend an hour ordering anything and as much as you want off a special menu; Goyemon has a very extensive menu for you to choose from.  Most places have a much smaller menu.  They also allow you to order half rolls in case you want more variety.  The key to all you can eat sushi is to only order what you are going to eat, not eating something usually incurs a charge, not sure how much since I have yet to do that.  Even if it requires me to chuck sushi into the middle of Rainbow from the patio...but that it is a story for another time, when you are buying the drinks.  At Goyemon I ordered probably 10 items, it's tough to keep track of it all.  I think I ordered something off of each section of the menu, some rolls, some sides, some hot dishes.  I can say that everything was amazing, the fish was extremely fresh and still cold when it arrived at the table.  I do not recall being disappointed with any of the food I ordered, or the food Teray ordered and forced me to eat so we wouldn't get charged.  The only thing I was disappointed in, even though it is rare to see it, was some amount of alcohol included.  Usually when it is included it is cheap saki, but still, free alcohol is free alcohol.

Another thing that can make or break your all you can eat experience and that is the service.  Sometimes you get the server that is never around and impedes your ordering every 5 minutes, sometimes you get the server that lives at your table.  Which would you prefer when you are trying to stuff your face with a time limit?  Luckily we had a server that made sure we always had an order in, if she wasn't around someone else was there.  I think in the end we ordered from 4 different people; I could care less as long as we have sushi on the way.  We also always had beverages, which as you know by now is kind of a big deal to me.

Overall I would return, I would return faster if they had a saki option like other sushi restaurants.  The decor was welcoming, it was a very comfortable restaurant.  I would warn that there may be a wait but that is expected with good food.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5



Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week


Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my awesome outfit this week, which is one of my favorites of all the outfits so far. I absolutely am obsessed with this outfit. It is totally different than what I wear on a typical day. The shirt is one that can be dressed up or down and I love that the pockets and trim are blue. A button down is a staple piece, especially because of the material. The palazzo pants are a sheer chiffon, but there is lining underneath. They are so comfortable and I love that they are high waisted. The bold color is eye-catching. I got so many compliments when we were out! My belt I added for a pop of color. This whole look is available at the Rainbow location!



If you haven't already you should definitely check out the Patty's Closet Facebook page for all the newest items and locations. They get shipments every Tuesday and Friday. http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV Also, they now have an online store so you can get my looks wherever you live!!! shop.ilovepattyscloset.com

Until next time, cheers to summer time!!! 






2 comments:

  1. Definitely a place to try after reading your review. Even the pictures are calling me there. I have never had all you can eat sushi and a large part of that is in my mind I think 8 large pieces of something I may or may not like. This half roll concept is excellent! And the fact the server paced it really helps. I Like that you can share with other members of your party. On my list!!!!! Outfit of the week - what a fun happening look, stylish and comfy and that great bright blue color (which is so popular this season)is FANTASTIC! Definitely pieces that look wonderful together, but could be stand alones! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love sushi and I have never tried this place.Thanks for the review. I know where I will suggest next time we go out for dinner! Always look forward to your blog for ideas and of course for the "outfit of the week". Perk of Patty's Closet is you can look like a million bucks, but not spend a fortune!

    ReplyDelete