Friday, June 8, 2012

Week 53 Flavor Flav's House of Flavor


It is almost summer time! I know so many of you are looking for fun and great places to eat so we are here to help you out. We have been trying to broader our horizons and areas in which we eat, so keep the suggestions coming. The fact that we are average 1,000 hits a month is amazing to me. I feel like the little blog that could.

Remember, you can always find our blog on LV Informer, which is a great Vegas online newspaper to keep you in the know. http://lasvegas.informermg.com/ 

Also, if you haven't already you really need to like our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants?bookmark_t=page

What Teray Says...

So this week we wanted to grab some take out food for a quick bite before our friends Trevor and Chelsie came over. I have been hearing a lot of buzz and wanted to try Flavor Flav's House of Flavor, so figured it would be the perfect time to go. (Note to self: look on Groupon now before you head to any place). FFHOF is over by the Boulevard . Mall, an area that I am not too familiar with. Brett knew the way because of all of his calls and knew exactly where it was. FFHOF is tucked back in a strip mall. You can't miss the sign though because it is the same fonts and graphics used on his show. I had done some research before we went there and saw that it was rated one of the "Top 7 Best Celebrity Restaurants" by ABC news.






Walking into FFHOF there is minimal decor but clocks all on one side like his famous clocks, with the menu items and pictures of him. On the other side it is a bunch of pictures with him and different celebrities. They have a tv and on the tv there is a rotation of his appearances and shows. It is very minimalistic, but I can see the appeal. Brett and I both decided to order the same thing: a semi hungry combo meal. It came with a drink and two sides. We both wanted the sweet potatoes, but they were out so we both chose macaroni and cheese and greens.

The wait was about 10-15 minutes and when we got our food home, we were semi-disappointed. Our chicken was good don't get me wrong, it just wasn't anything special. I was waiting for some secret recipe of some sort. The macoroni and cheese was fabulous, but the greens (canned). I was hoping for some pizzaz. Maybe we caught them on an off day.



Overall, I can see why people flock to this place, to say you went to a celebrity restaurant. For service (not having all items) and food I would give it a 1 out of 5.

What Brett Says...

So this week was another week where we needed fast and cheap.  Luckily life is starting to slow down, so we may be able to sit down and enjoy a meal.  For this fast quick meal we decided to check out a celebrities attempt at kinds fast food.  Flavor Flav decided fried chicken and waffled was the way to go.  So off we went to to check it out; placated on Maryland Parkway just south of Desert Inn.  Just as a quick note this is 100% takeout, there are no tables to eat at.

Not much to say about the building...it is in a strip mall and the inside is pretty plain.  The one thing worth noting is that Flava is all about self promotion.  He has photos of himself with more notable celebrities, he also has a Tv streaming with his random Tv appearances.  The staff seemed friendly while being not so on point, more on this in a moment.  I will also say that for the price you should not expect much.

As for the food.  Treat and I each ordered the meal that includes two pieces of fried chicken, two sides, a drink, and sweet potatoes bread.  This sounds like a decent meal for about $8, right?  The chicken was pretty bland and it reminded me more of buffalo sized wings as opposed to regular pieces.  We wanted to get the yams but they are no longer available, although still on the menu.  We decided to go with Mac & cheese and greens.  Mac was decent but the greens were cold, Mac could be described as somewhat warm.  I think part of the problem is that they are proportioned and kept in a warmer.  As for the bread...I am unable to comment because the staff neglected to include that in our bag.  Which is unfortunate because I was really looking forward to it.  So now you know why $8 was too much to pay.

Overall I wouldn't waste my time, so if you have found our reviews to be somewhat accurate don't bother going yourself.  There was nothing positive to point out.  Small portions, bland food, missing food, and a cost that would get you plenty from KFC.  I'm amazing this place is ranked high on the celebrity restaurant list.  This was a worthless experience and I am truly disappointed that this is how I wasted my cheat day.
ZERO out of 5.

Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week

Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit this week. My outfit was by far without a doubt the highlight of this week :) 
Check out my outfit of the week provided by Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique. I love the new high low skirt look. They are so easy to wear and can be dressed up and dressed down. The polka dot pattern can be mixed with basics and prints. The skirt can be worn high waisted or on hip because the band is elastic. A gold chunky statement necklace adds the finishing touches to this outfit. I love this look and you can find it at the Rainbow location. 

You can access all the new items and see the locations if you click the name "Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique" above. Also, you can order anywhere in the country if you visit: shop.ilovepattyscloset.com

Until next time...cheers to summer vacation!! xo

1 comment:

  1. Oh well you win some, you lose some. Maybe it was just a bad day for the restaurant. You can say you tried it and just by going is a conversation to be shared by many. Outfit of the week still rocked! adorable is the best word to describe a classic polka dot !!!!!! Snazzy and jazzy, love it!

    And onward to next week's adventure!!!!!

    ReplyDelete