Friday, January 6, 2012

Week 31 Mood at the Artisan

Hey Guys :) Thanks for checking back to see our latest review. In a few days we can unveil our exciting announcement for the blog! We are super stoked. A lot of you have suggested looking at restaurant.com for ideas, and that is what I did this week. 


What Teray Says...


This week Brett and I went out for our blog on the night of my birthday. We figured, why not kill two birds with one stone as the expression says, because we needed our date night, plus for my birthday all I wanted to do was spend it with Brett. I turned 28 on the 28th- my golden birthday :). Anyway, I went on restaurant.com to and found Mood at the Artisan. I have been dying to go there since I saw it on the Kardashians a few seasons back, so when I saw that they had a certificate for purchase, I was pretty excited!


We went to dinner later, so Mood wasn't that crowded. There were two other groups there, one a couple and one group of older women. The restaurant is dimly lit with lots of leather, dark colors, red, and paintings. I loved the feel of it, because it was romantic and swanky. 






Being it was my birthday, (like we really needed an excuse) we decided to order a bottle of Reisling. The waitress asked us if we were celebrating anything, and normal I get embarrassed to admit, but I told her yes, knowing that after many years together Brett would not make people sing because he knows that is my least favorite type of attention. 



As for an appetizer we decided to order the stuffed crab cakes. Although, you only got two crab cakes, they were beyond amazing. The perfect amount of crispy and soft. You could really taste the fresh crab, but yet it wasn't overpowering. It was also served with carrots and cabbage in the middle. I don't know what the sauce was, but it was perfection!




After the appetizer, we ordered our meal. I chose a filet minion while Brett chose rack of lamb. Okay, I am not someone who will order steak every time I am out, but once in awhile I crave it.  This filet was the best filet I have ever had in my life. It was so tender, that I barely needed to use the steak knife to cut it. As all of you readers know, I never finish my meal, but I finished every single bite. If I was alone, I probably would have slurped the juice off the plate. The filet also came with garlic mashed potatoes as well as asparagus and carrots. I also took a bite of Brett's lamb, and it was fabulous. Again, pretty much cooked to perfection. I would definitely order that when I go back. 



For dessert, Brett and I both ordered something different. He got chocolate thunder cake and I got vanilla creme brulee. Again, nothing but positive things to say. My creme brulee, I finished all of it, because it was not overwhelmingly sweet. 










Overall, I absolutely loved Mood. I would go back there for breakfast, lunch, or even another fancy or casual dinner. They have things such as sandwiches on the menu, we just chose more entree type food. Based on the service, atmosphere, and food I without a doubt rate Mood 5 out of 5 and will be buying another restaurant.com certificate to go there again next month.



What Brett Says...


So writing this review every week seems to be tougher and tougher each week, I'm not sure if it's because I am in a constant exhaustion or if I keep getting distracted.  Either way it is my fault that these reviews never get put out when Teray tells you.  In fact most weeks she has to delete and edit her notifications to work around my laziness.  This week we had to do something a little more special then usual, a little more classy...you see it was Teray's birthday.  Not just any birthday but her golden birthday.  We still did what we always do: find a place that we have never been to and try to make it a deal; we just made it a special occasion.  We found a Restaurant.com coupon for a little place in the Artisan..."Mood."  

I haven't been to the Artisan in a couple years, way before it got to be an actual hotspot.  It is an incredible property; eclectic and it just gives the feel of fun.  I didn't know there was a restaurant, not that it surprises me be a hotel and all.  If you have never been to the Artisan there is no actual way to describe what it looks like.  It is one of the few actual you have to see it places in Vegas.  Mood itself is a little easier, you still should check it out.  Mood is a small restaurant, maybe 70-80 seats.  There is a small stage with a piano and a chaise lounge; same stage you would expect to see in a 70's lounge.  The whole place has a very comfortable secluded feel, it is dimmed and spread out.  We were sat a table where we sat on a couch-like booth.  The place is very artsy, paintings everywhere.  Setting wise this was probably my favorite restaurant so far.  

Our service was good; I wish I knew the name of our server, I forgot, but she deserves a shout out.  She was on top of things, always willing to help us with selections, never over staying her welcome at the table but never leaving us needing.  We showed up an hour before they closed and she was still on top of things; as a former server I can tell you that most of the time that last hour before closing can be a bad idea.  From what I remember she was the employee I remember seeing, they wouldn't need more then her beings we were one of three tables, but more credit to her for meeting out needs without all the helpers other restaurants seem to think are required.  Personally I would prefer having a server and just a server, thats how I liked it when I use to do it.  There is something about having the same person helping you throughout your meal...how many times do you do out to eat and not know who your actual server is until they bring your check so they can get their tip.

Food.  I think with a little work, mostly with the sides and presentation, Mood could be one of the premier restaurants in Las Vegas.  We ordered a bottle of wine to get things moving.  Starting with an order of crab cakes; went well with the wine, plus you could tell they were homemade.  I don't remember whether it was fresh or canned crab, made right it doesn't really matter.  They were good, the sauce worked well.  For dinner we went all out, combine a Restaurant.com voucher and an amazing woman's birthday and you have no reason to hold back.  I ordered a rack of lamb, Teray chose the 10oz filet.  The rack was a little small and the filet was a little big.  Both were cooked perfectly to order, the rack was even cooked to account for the bones...allowing it time to cook at the table.  If I go back I think I will opt for a steak instead, the portions were pretty generous.  We had to wrap things up with some dessert, I mean it was a birthday...not that a reason is ever really necessary.  Teray had a flan, if I remember right, and I had a chocolate thunder cake thing.  The chocolate thunder thing was awesome, good and plentiful.  The kind of dessert that makes you absolutely regret eating as much as you just did...with a cherry on top.  

All in all I would say Mood is a place to put on your list.  I would save it for more of a special occasion, even with $50 off it came to $110 with tip.  Which in this town isn't that bad for a gourmet meal, I know I have seen meals go well over that.  As for the quality, for the most part it matches those more expensive places.  My parents like to get one good meal in when they come to Vegas, I think this might be my next recommendation.  I think you should all go check this place out the next time you want to spend some cash and get all dressed up.  I am going to go with a 4.5 out of 5.



Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week


Thanks so much to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with this week's outfit of the week. This week I went to the Blue Diamond location to pick out my dress. I knew I wanted something a little bit fancier, so Mirella and Juan totally helped me over there! :) 






This outfit of the week provided by Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique is the perfect dress for a fabulous occasion. . It is a taupe like color and the material has a gleam effect to it. The top is strapless, it is fitted at the waist. The bottom is also fitted, but it has ruffles to add detail and make the skirt like portion look fuller. As I mentioned above, this dress is available at the Blue Diamond location


So all of you stylenistas, Patty's Closet just got in a fabulous shipment at each store. A lot of the looks are spring inspired. There is everything from jumpsuits, go out girly dresses, and flowy tops. If you want to see the latest look check out their Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV

Now, that you checked the looks, you need to find out the locations. There are 6 stores here in Vegas, which all carry different things! You can get the exact addresses at their website: ilovepattyscloset.com

We don't know where we are headed this week-end yet, but I am ready with my outfit of the week and cannot wait for you guys to see it! Fab-u-lous. Until next week, cheers all the opportunities coming up <3





 

1 comment:

  1. Mood sounds like a winner all around; perfect that it was because it was a birthday celebration also! Again the use of a coupon helps. As far as the outfit of the week, this one is at the very top of my list! If you looked up "pretty perfect dress", there should be a picture of this dress next to it!

    ReplyDelete