Thursday, January 26, 2012

Week 34 Buca di Beppo

We have gotten so many new "likes" on our Facebook page this week! Thanks everyone who is promoting. We only need 16 more people to get to 200, so suggest the link to your friends if you can. This is the link if you haven't liked us already http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants

What Teray Says...


First and foremost I want to say THANK YOU x's a million to Bonnie Taylor for hooking us up with this amazing meal at Buca di Beppo. The food was not only perfection, but we had such a fabulous time! 


Brett and I decided to go to the Buca in Summerlin, because it is the closest one to our new house and we love the Summerlin area. It is nice on the week-end sometimes to be far away from the strip. Arriving at Buca everyone was extremely friendly. When I gave them our name I felt like we were celebrities; they were treated all the patrons like that though, which is beyond awesome!! 






We didn't have to wait long to be seated, either that or I just loved looking at all the pictures on the walls that the time went fast. :) We decided to start with our favorite, sangria. I didn't know if we should do red or white, so Brett had me pick even or odd and even meant white. Fantastic choice and glad I picked the even. 








For an appetizer we picked Cheesy Bread Florentine -A flavorful mixture of Parmesan, mozzarella and provolone cheeses with spinach, tomatoes and lots of garlic, melted on top of our house-baked Italian bread. This bread was mouthwatering. Brett and I each had two pieces. I honestly think I could have ate a whole loaf myself; the fact that I am obsessed with mozzarella cheese added to it. 



For our main courses we got two things: chicken limone and spaghetti with marinara sauce. I am not the hugest fan of chicken we all know this, but I love anything with chicken that is in a lemon sauce. It was cooked to perfection. Spaghetti is my favorite pasta in the world, so I was happy as a lark eating it. Brett of course ate more than I did, but both were beyond amazing!! 


Although I was stuffed, I had to make room for dessert. We chose by suggestion of the waiter, the Italian Creme Cake-Six layers of rich lemon cake and mascarpone cheese filling served in a pool of raspberry-hazelnut sauce and topped with fresh whipped cream and mint sprig. This cake was by far one of the best cakes I have ever had in my life. I really want to go back and order a bunch of pieces and just eat it every night, but then I wouldn't be ready for pool season ;) 




As for the service, our waiter was beyond awesome. He was the perfect amount of funny, friendly, and helpful. We never had to wait for anything we needed! Again, beyond fantastic! Overall, I rate Buca di Beppo without hesitation a 5 out of 5!


What Brett Says...
This week we had it easy choosing our restaurant; we actually had a reader invite us to "Buca di Beppo."  The fact that someone other then our mom's read our blog got us a little excited, so we had to oblige.  Don't get me wrong, I know plenty of people log on to see Teray's outfit of the week but to actually see that along with that outfit goes an entire meal...I felt special.  There are now three Buca's in town; one on the east side, one at Excalibur, and the one we tried out on the west side.  Buca is a chain of Italian restaurants; from what I saw, way more authentic then any other chain Italian restaurant.

When you walk through the front door you are instantly hit with atmosphere.  Think of Applebee's on steroids; there is so much random crap on the walls you don't even know where to start.  You can stare at a single wall for hours just examining; you'll be doing this the entire dinner.  In fact your eyes might hurt at the end of it.  We had a reservation so we didn't have to wait long, not sure what the wait would be without one, but it didn't seem to be too crazy.  We were sat at a large booth in a decent size room; there seemed to be groups ranging from 2 people on a date to an entire extended family.  This all added to the atmosphere of this family style restaurant.  Once sat our server, Ken, came by to get us started.  It seems like every week I am either bitching about the service or just not mentioning it because it isn't worth the keystrokes.  This week however is different, like a few times in the past we ended up with someone who actually does their job.  Ken was money; he met our needs, had awesome suggestions, joked around with us, and made sure we were taken care of.  We always had something coming to our table, whether it was refills or part of our order, we never felt like we were being forgotten.  When we go back to this location we will be making sure he is working before we make the drive.

Talking about an Italian restaurant really comes down to one thing...FOOD.  The atmosphere, service, prices, location, and everything else is irrelevant without good food.  Well, BucaBuca for another day or throw a third wheel into the mix.  We started with Cheesy Bread Florentine.  Imagine fat/thick pizza shop cheesy bread, then put Alfredo sauce on top, finish it off by melting different cheeses on top.  This is the perfect beginning for a guy who could survive on cheese; I mean cheesy bread with a cheesy sauce topped with melted cheese.  Next up was the entree; with family style your dinner guests and you need to come to some kind of agreement.  Luckily Teray and I are married and stuff, so we can usually come to some kind of compromise.  We chose two different entrees, a meat and a pasta.  For our meat we opted to go with Chicken Limone; baked chicken with a lemon cream sauce with capers.  The pasta we kept classic by ordering spaghetti with red sauce.  They don't traditionally go together since one is a cream and the other is a tomato sauce; lucky for us we don't always follow food rules.  While the spaghetti was good, nothing special though, the Chicken Limone was amazing.  I could have eaten an entire order myself.  We chose to order a carafe of sangria to wash it all down; Teray said it was the best sangria she has every had, I on the other hand think it was decent but in no way comparable to Firefly's.  Finally we wrapped up the meal with dessert, Ken's suggestion actually, Italian Creme Cake.  Lucky for me Teray is a 3-5 bite girl when it comes to dessert.  This was way bigger then 5 bites so I got to enjoy this.  It was light and full of flavor, I kinda wish I would have had one to myself...those 5 bites were missed.

All in all I think it's obvious that I enjoyed our experience at Buca di Beppo.  The food was amazing, the service was beyond good, and the atmosphere was entertaining.  While a date here was great (recommended in fact) I think the next time we go we are bringing both sides of our family...just means we can order even more of a variety.

4.5 out of 5





Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week:
Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week this week. I was obsessed with it quite frankly.  Can I just say I am dying over these palazzo pants?! They are available at the Rainbow location! I have been wanting a pair since I saw Kourtney K rocking some YSL ones a few months back. These pants are not only comfortable but the ivory and black flowers on them really make them pop. They are high waisted and pretty long in length, but they are meant to be worn with heels. I paired them with a black satin button down simple shirt from the Town Square Patty's because I wanted the pants to be the main focus of the outfit. My black patent leather peep toes are also from the Rainbow location. Palazzo pants are perfect for the upcoming spring and summer season!! ♥


Patty's has many locations across Las Vegas and they all have different items. They get new items on Tuesdays and Fridays. For exact locations check out their website: ilovepattyscloset.com and to see the shipments and stay up to date on store openings check out their Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV

So super beyond exciting news!! Sparkle by Patty's Closet opens this Saturday!!! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sparkle-by-Pattys-Closet/160713480701946 The new Sparkle store will be located at 9345 S. Cimmarron Rd.,currently the location of Patty’s Closet Blue Diamond store. Doors open at 11 am and you get 20% off your purchase!! There are even going to be food trucks and everything! Can you imagine, all accessories??? I cannot wait!!! I hope to see you guys there!!! You could even win an iPad!!!

Until next week, cheers to happiness and surrounding yourself with people that lift you up. xo


No comments:

Post a Comment