Friday, January 13, 2012

Week 32 Panna Thai Restaurant

Welcome back! Thanks for checking out the blog again this week. :) So we have been saying for the past few posts that we have some news to share. Well....it is now January so we can finally share. Starting sometime within the next couple of weeks our blog is going to be featured within a new blog component of The Las Vegas Informer!! How amazing is that?! Brett and I are fans of that online newspaper, so it is an honor.  We will be doing our write ups on restaurants and of course style with my outfit of the week provided by Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique. 

In the meantime, check them out http://thelasvegasinformer.com/ When everything is up and running within this new section, we will give you the exact links and place to check us out!! 

Also, as I say every week, if you haven't already, take a second and like our Facebook page...we update it frequently and love to hear suggestions on there!

What Teray Says...

So as a lot of your know, we just moved into a new house. Of course, it was a great opportunity to go out this week because our fridge was pretty bare and our plates and such were still in boxes. Anyway, Brett and I wanted to choose something that was local, plus we had a restaurant.com credit, so we came across Panna Thai. I saw that it was fairly new place, and I wanted to try it!



Panna Thai is a smaller restaurant with tables, booths, and a bar in which you can sit at. Brett and I were seated right away at a table in the corner. I didn't know if he was disappointed that he couldn't see the tv because some big football game was on, but he didn't seem to mind.  For our drinks I chose Riesling and Brett chose Miller Lite. They brought Chardonnay instead of Riesling but because I like both, I wasn't going to complain. Any white wine, I like. 

With our restaurant.com coupon we needed to spend at least $35 to use our $25 that we had. We started off with the crab wonton appetizer. The portion size was pretty good. You got 6 wontons for about $6. They were delicious too; I probably could have ate two orders of just those wontons, but needed to not be a pig and save room for our main food. 


As for our dinners, Brett and I were both very hungry. He actually asked the waitress what came in a big portion. When we walked to be seated, everyone's dishes looked pretty large, so I knew that were going to get an ample amount of food. The waitress suggested to Brett that he order the BBQ Spare Ribs. I ordered Musaman Curry, which was coconut milk with musaman curry, peanut paste, potatoes, Thai herbs and Jasmine rice. 

Well, my observations were correct. When the food came out the portions were an excellent size. My curry was absolutely amazing, some of the best I have ever had. It was pretty spicy, but that is what I love. The chicken was extremely tender and there were so many pieces!! I couldn't of course finish the whole thing so I gave some to Brett. Speaking of Brett, his ribs were so good in the taste I tried that it literally melted in my mouth as it fell off the bone. 



After eating our food our waitress told us we were about 40 cents away from our limit, which made us order dessert. We chose the fried banana and let me tell you, it was so tasty! I have never had fried banana balls in my life, but it is something that I would definitely eat again! 


Overall, I would rate Panna Thai 4.5 out of 5. I saw a lot of people getting take out from there, and because it is so close to our new house, that is definitely something I will do soon!


What Brett Says...


So this week we felt like Chinese food but we also wanted to feel full after the meal, so we chose to get some Thai food.  We found a Restaurant.com for a little place called "Panna Thai."  It is on Fort Apache just south of Russell, surprisingly in a strip mall.  I am really starting to like these deals to eat; between restaurant.com, Groupon, and Living Social we are saving a ton of cash.  I am a fan of Thai food, they have awesome selection and the flavors just flow.  Not many foods pull off sweet and spicy in such an orchestrated way.  Not sure where to start this week, I will do alphabetical: atmosphere, food, service, summary.

This Thai restaurant isn't too "Asian" feeling.  They are more modern with a touch of the Far East.  The place isn't that big; it isn't mom's kitchen and it is far from franchise banquet hall.  The seating is comfortable, they had football on their tv's. and they had some pretty cool lighting.  It is a Thai restaurant with a Vegas set up, we all know the place and all that goes along with it.  The atmosphere was chill, they weren't busy but there were a few people here and there.

wontons, these are essentially crabmeat ragoons in a chinese restaurant.  They are amazing, the sauce was pretty bomb too.  Follow those up with some Thai ribs and whatever curry Teray ordered.  The waitress was right about the ribs, they were pretty hefty of a portion.  Beyond that they were amazing, the meat pretty much fell off the bone.  They had a Thai marinade, not sure how to describe it but it was good.  I also had a good amount of rice and veggies.  I had some of Teray's and that was good as well, her review is above mine if you want details beyond the fact that I approve of that entree as well.  Finally the dessert, we ordered fried bananas.  These aren't the usual fried bananas, they were fried banana balls.  I want to say they had coconut on the coating.  It's the kind of dessert that works out well when you are full but have the need to splurge a little and have something sweet.

The service was good nothing special.  We always had water, food was correct and prompt.  Our server was nice.  Thats all I really have to say about service, sometimes it is a good thing to not have it be a standout point.  We got what we needed out of them; food, drinks, and a good time.  It is a selling point, just not one you list on the windshield.

Overall I would have to recommend "Panna Thai."  The pricing was good, even without the coupon.  Service was on par, the atmosphere was good.  Sometimes you can ramble on and on about a place, others you can just be general and give an endorsement...this is obviously that kind of week.

4 out 5

Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week this week. This black dress is the perfect staple to any wardrobe. It cinches at the waist for a flattering look and has pockets! The awesome thing about it is that the zipper makes it unique and flirty at the same time ;) I paired it with these beyond amazing bedazzled lightning bolt earrings for a fun vibe. This whole look is available at the Rainbow location.




So as I always say to find out all the fabulous Patty's Closet locations check out their website: ilovepattyscloset.com and their Facebook page for their bi-weekly shipments http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV

Patty also just announced they are going to be opening a store in Vegas called Sparkle by Patty's Closet. It is going to be all accessories. How amazing is that?! They already have a Facebook page, so be sure to like them for all the latest updates as of when this fabulous idea is going to be opening! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sparkle-by-Pattys-Closet/160713480701946

In the meantime, Brett and I will be heading to eat Mongolian BBQ. I have never had it, but Brett says it is awesome. Check back tomorrow for some thoughts and my outfit of the week. I leave you guys this week with a cheers to new opportunities....good things are coming! 

1 comment:

  1. I have never tried Thai food , but after reading your review I think I will definitely go here and try it. Another thing I have never tried is the restaurant.com, so now a suggestion for a new place and a savings too, it's a no brainer. You have taken all the debating out of where to have a fun night out. I am sure all your followers will agree,2012 we are going to be adventurous too. As far as the outfit of the week, love it, love the accent of the zipper, it takes the black dress to an edgy look. For me, sometimes I dress around the new accessories because it completes the look.Those earrings you are wearing are so fun! Definitely another 5 out of 5.

    ReplyDelete