Monday, September 12, 2011

Week 15 Rhythm Kitchen

Hi Everyone! Thanks to all of our new Facebook followers and people who have retweeted our blog on Twitter. If you haven't already please take a minute and like our Facebook page. We update it daily with stuff about the blog. 


Brett and I had a Living Social coupon for Rhythm Kitchen and we both have been dying to try it, so that is what he picked this week. Rhythm Kitchen is located in the Southwest on Decatur and Sunset. The place is a lot bigger than I thought it would be. I remember tasting samples of their food back when I used to go to bridal shows with my family, but the main meals exceeded my expectations.


What Teray Says...

Rhythm Kitchen has a totally romantic atmosphere. I love places like this, especially on Saturday nights. Until about a month ago I had never been out to eat with Brett on a Saturday night because he always had work, so I am loving this routine of date nights on Saturdays now.

When you enter the hostess offers you the choice of sitting in the lounge where you can get happy hour prices, in the bar, or in the dining room. We chose the dining room again to make it most date like, plus I was dressed up. :)

As soon as we sat down in our booth we had someone come over to get our drink order and welcome us. Our server's name was Vincent and he had a training partner named Chris. I will just say that Vincent is the best server we have ever had in all of Las Vegas, and we both have lived here about 4 years and eaten at a lot of places. Brett and I started off with some drinks. Brett got the Abida Amber which is a southern beer. I chose my normal MGD 64. Anyone that knows me knows that I love the beer waters as I like to call them (MGD 64 and Bud 55). It also is great for me because I don't stress about the calories as much.



We got a basket of bread and hush puppies. I had heard from a few friends who read on the facebook page that we were going to Rhythm Kitchen that we must try the hush puppies. Yea, well they were right. Those things were outstanding. They are like little balls of this corn bread type thing with a veggie inside. (At least I think that is what it was) Either way, beyond delicious! 

Going through the menu, Brett kept saying he wanted to try alligator tale. I was extremely hesitant because I have seen episodes of the Jersey Shore where JWoww and Snooki get sick eating alligator, but I figured the goal of this blog is to try new things so I would suck it up and do it. Our server asked us if we wanted it blackened or fried. Not liking fried food really besides french fries I was happy that we chose blackened and that is what the server recommended (we normally take the recommendations). 

To my surprise, alligator tale is not green. I know, very childish of me, but when you have never seen a food or even remotely wanted to try it, you don't know what to expect. I have to say it may have been one of the best things that I have eaten in awhile, and I would definitely get it other places if it was on the menu. 

After looking over the menu for awhile, we really wanted to go with something that was authentic southern, cajun food. I chose the craw fish duette which was fresh and fried craw fish. I always wanted to try craw fish since Britney Spears used to talk about how she ate it in Louisiana. Brett ordered the BBQ ribs with some sauteed mushrooms. 

I tried Brett's ribs and they were amazing. First the portion was gigantic, it was like a rack and a half and the meat literally fell off the bone when you bit into it. The mushrooms were also outstanding and melting in my mouth. My craw fish was fan-friggin-tastic. It was served over cajun rice with roasted veggies. I don't know if I mentioned this in previous blogs, but normally when we go out to eat, I eat about half of my food and get full. I think it is my mind playing a trick on me so that I can eat it again later, which is exactly what I did two hours later was finish it when I got home. 


I didn't have room for any dessert. I would have loved to have some, but I was just too full. Overall, due to the amazing food, and the beyond outstanding service I definitely without a doubt rate Rhythm Kitchen a 5 out of 5. 

What Brett Says: 

This week we decided we needed some Louisiana food; throw in a Living Social deal and we land ourselves in "Rhythm Kitchen."  They are located @Decatur and Sunset.  We always seem to drive by this place, always saying we need to go.  Each time we drive by we are amazed at how big it is and how misplaced it seems.  Not only is it a freestanding building dedicated to the restaurant but it is in a part of town without much around it...I'm guessing the owner got some real estate early.  It looks like a large Louisiana state home, one owned by someone rich.

This week I have to start the actual review with what I think was the highlight and the deal maker...the service.  We had Vincent as our server and Chris as his shadow, if you go make sure you sit in his section.  I am usually super critical because I use to be a server and I know how absolutely easy it is.  Anyone that tells you being a server is difficult is telling you that they need to rethink their career choice.  While I say it is an easy job I will also say it is easy to suck at it as well.  Doing the actual job itself is monkey skills, going above and beyond takes the skill.  Vince hits the nail on the head with his technique, by far the best server I have dealt with in this town and up there on the list of ever had.  He is attentive without seeming overbearing; he never tried to push us into a decision but he always had a suggestion when asked; he has personality without trying to be the star of dinner.  I can also tell he is good because his second server, Chris, was also attentive and quite, which in my experience shows that Vince is someone that people trust to work with.  When a second server has more personality than the server it is horrible, you can tell they are trying to make up for the server's downside...this was not an issue.  Vince just did a good job making a great meal into a great experience, I would feel comfortable going back and just having him make all our decisions. 

Now onto another great aspect...the food.  They have a pretty extensive menu, but not to the point it is a novel.  We usually try to start with an appetizer, this week was no exception; I kinda pushed for the Alligator tail.  I say I pushed because Teray was a little reserved with the idea.  We ended up getting an order, blackened not fried.  Other then being a little on the small side the app was awesome.  I am personally happy we got them blackened, sometimes frying food kills the flavor...depending on how often they clean their fryers.  I also had a couple beers through the meal, a Louisiana wheat beer, I would recommend.  As for my entree, I was torn.  Here we are at this southern restaurant; I really should get some creole food, but they had all you can eat catfish, then again crawfish and shrimp past sounded good.  So what do I land on?  An order of ribs, sauteed mushrooms, and veggies.  Don't ask me how I ended up getting an order of ribs, I do NOT regret it at all.  It was a rack and a half of pork baby backs, wet with sauce.  The mushrooms were amazing and the veggies were, well veggies.  The meat fell off the bone and it was delicious.  I ate a rack there and brought home half a rack.  Throw in some of their rolls and hushpuppies and we were stuffed.  Another week with no dessert, I apologize to all of you for not having dessert for the 3rd or 4th week in a row.  I promise to make up for it next week, don't tell Teray but I have a feeling we will be ordering multiple...shhhhh!

The other thing that needs to be touched on is the physical restaurant.  Well, it is two floors and it feels like it is a huge southern house.  They have multiple dining rooms on the first floor, a bar/lounge hidden around a corner.  You wouldn't even know the lounge is there unless you ask or get lost.  Then there is an upstairs where they do their banquets and New Orleans Saint's games...apparently a very large screen is involved.  Aside from all that the restaurant it gorgeous, the seating is elegant, the decor is upscale, hell they even have a live piano player (quality music to set the mood).

I think I have went into enough detail, but in case you have ADD and spaced out here is the recap:
-Sit in Vince's section
-They sell beer
-Alligator tale, ribs, and hushpuppies are good
-They sell beer
-Football is involved, big screen
-Real life piano player
-They sell beer
-Really big house looking building

-Rating is an easy 5 out of 5

Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
First of all I would of course like to thank Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet as well as Yasmine of the St. Rose store for providing me with my outfit this week. I never really get to hit up the St. Rose store because the Rainbow one is two blocks from my house, and the Blue Diamond one is about 5 minutes away, so they are in my travels. I have to say the St. Rose store (purple store) is so worth the drive. I need to add it in my very frequent Patty's routines more often!

This dress has to be one of my favorite outfits that I have ever wore. I already have an occasion in my head where I am going to wear it again. It is a sweetheart neck (which is my favorite style). It cinches at the waist with a black band and a gorgeous feather flower sequined detail.  The skirt is a bubble skirt. As you can see this dress is black and white. Black and white to me is beyond classic and can be dressed up or down. I wore this dress with flats because I ran a 9.11 k that day, but in the future I will be dressing it  up with heels. 

Thanks to all the followers who message me that they go into Patty's Closet because of this blog and of outfits that they have seen. That is so beyond awesome. If you haven't already check out all of the locations on Patty's website: www.ilovepattyscloset.com and definitely like them on Facebook because they post a lot of their new inventory and upcoming events: http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV

Until next week, cheers to fun, food, and fashion. 

4 comments:

  1. Well, it seems you both agree hands down this week was a definite winner! Again, foods I have never tried,or seen (alligator??) yikes for that matter. I bet "real foodies" have tried it :)

    The restaurant looks quaint with a certain charm from the pictures. I personally feel a good server can truly make or break the dining experience;sounds like he was top-notch!

    I want to thank you for going to places that take coupons this week's being Living social. In this economy, having a coupon one can justify the expense and still enjoy a nice night out. :)

    The outfit of the week is so feminine, very , very pretty! I have never been to that Patty's ,but will have to check it out!

    Keep up the good work blogging,,,You two are the pied piper leading the way.........to bon appetite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, just had to let you know.....we are going to try one of your restaurant picks tonight....We usually go to a handful of the same places;I guess creatures of habit.

    THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey y'all!! This is Vince. Thank you both very much for saying such sweet things about me and Rhythm Kitchen. Just doing my job. 8) It was my pleasure taking care of y'all and I hope you come back to see us soon! Have fun; take care!

    Vince at Rhythm Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and the hush puppies have jalepeno in them. See ya soon!!

    ReplyDelete