Sunday, January 27, 2013

Week 84 The Martini

Welcome back readers, happy to have you with us again. We have gotten so many suggestions within the past few weeks of where to go for the blog so we are excited to try out some of those places very soon. Remember, you can always find our blog under the Local Interest section of the LV Informer http://lasvegas.informermg.com/ . We also have a Facebook page that we update frequently and will be adding a new component to it soon so make sure to like our page if you haven't already www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants

What Teray Says...

So now that Brett is on a new schedule and doesn't get home until later on Saturday nights I am normally starving by the time it is date time. I was especially excited that when we were heading to The Martini because we had a prix fixe Groupon and that meant a lot of food for my starving belly. 

The Martini is located in Summerlin on Charleston and Ft. Apache. It is not too far from where we live now, which we love in a restaurant, so that is an added bonus. Entering The Martini was I immediately impressed by the vibe of the place. There was a big bar in the center that looked very upscale, not like your local bar that we sometimes all frequent. Surrounding the bar were leather chairs like we having in our family room that would surround little tables. It definitely seems like a fun place to kick back with your friends and enjoy some drinks. 

We were seated right away in the back where there is all tables for dining, flat screen tvs and fire places. What is cool is that where we sat you can check out the action of the bar too  but be away from the noise. Our waitress was very friendly and we ordered our drinks. Brett got a Side Car and I got a drink called the Hummingbird. In my Hummingbird there was Elderflower, soda water, and champagne. Let me tell you, it was delicious and I plan on making this at home! The coolest part about it was that you pour the drink into a beaker. 




I guess I should back up. The prix fixe menu included 2 drinks, 2 salads (house or Cesar), 1 appetizer, 2 meals and 1 dessert. For our appetizer we got truffle mac and cheese balls. They were absolutely to die for. Although I know they probably had enough calories for a day's worth, they were so worth it. We both chose Cesar salad too, which also was great. 





For dinner we both got the drunken Kobe burger with sweet potato fries. The burger was served on pretzel bun. I love when burgers are served that way. It was a huge burger, so I ate half and took half home to eat for lunch the next day. I would definitely order that again if I went there. 




For dessert we ordered the fried Oreo Sunday. I have never had fried oreos. We know I am not the biggest fried food fan. Let me tell you though, that dessert was one of the best that I have had in the 85 weeks we have been doing this blog. When I go back I will for sure be ordering that again. 



As for the service, our waitress was awesome. We never wanted for anything and she had good suggestions. It was so wonderful to have a pleasant experience at The Martini. I will definitely be back there. Without a doubt I rate The Martini a 5 out of 5. 

What Brett Says...

This week we went to "The Martini."  We have seen it multiple times since I used to live in the area, then a Groupon came along for a prix fixe menu.  The prix fixe Groupons are the best, this one included two drinks, an appetizer, two side salads, two entrees, and one dessert.  

When you walk in you just get a good vibe, the place looks like the cool place to go.  You would expect them to be the staple of a NY/Chicago nightlife.  Being they are in Vegas they are just one of the thousands of local bars.  They stand out though, they don't have a run of the mill look.  It doesn't look like a former chain bar converted.  They have a relaxing bar area, they have lounge chairs to relax as a group, and off to the side there is a nice modern dining room.  The look would go with "Herbs and Rye" and "Triple George Grill" which is a good thing.

The service here was stellar.  We walked into the dining room and were immediately sat, not that they were busy but they noticed us and made us feel welcome.  Our waitress was friendly and didn't ignore us after we told her we had the Groupon...sometimes we have found that servers blow you off once they know you have a deal/coupon.  She walked us through the deal and the menu, she had suggestions and made things flow well.  She did everything you want a server to do and wasn't overbearing, she was talkative but never lingered.  

First we started with our drinks, I ordered a Sidecar and Teray ordered a Hummingbird.  I used to work at a martini bar so the Sidecar used to be a staple and this one was just as good as I remember.  I had never heard of a Hummingbird, it was good but I would say it is more of a girl drink.  It isn't fruity or girly it is just cut with champagne and not strong, maybe save it for breakfast/brunch.  For our appetizer we decided to get the truffled mac n cheese balls.  I have never thought about deep frying mac n cheese...it is a pretty amazing idea.  I would consider getting two orders next time as an entree, they are awesome.  Side salads are not usually a point to talk about, I mean who cares about a small portion of lettuce with some dressing?  We both got the side Caesar and these were the exception.  They deserve to be mentioned.  I'm not sure but I would assume the dressing is homemade, if not I want to know the brand.  Even the lettuce was fresh and crisp.  Teray and I both decided to get the Drunken Kobe Burger.  I'm not sure why but I was craving a burger for a while, not a fast food burger, but a real juicing hot off the grill burger.  This burger is made with quality beef, prosciutto blue cheese, caramelized onions, mushrooms, on top of a pretzel bun.  This filled my need and then some; I rarely get full on these dates but I couldn't even finish it.  Plus I had to save some room for dessert.  Which brings me to our finale.  We gave our server a couple options and told her to surprise us.  She decided to bring us the fried oreos and ice cream.  I saddened to say that this was the first time I have ever done the fried oreo thing...it won't be the last.  I am now planning on trying other fried items (twinkie, snickers bar, etc).

Overall I was very impressed.  I would recommend this place for pretty much everything from needing a drink to couples to groups.  If it was closer I would probably frequent here quite a bit.

Rating 5 out of 5


Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week

Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week this week. Check out my outfit of the week provided by Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique. As of this week-end the weather is warming up and I can't wait for the spring fashion season. This top is a sneak peek of what is to come. I love a crop top; it is one of my favorite pieces this year. This one of lime green and white is perfect to transition over to the spring. I paired it with high waisted black harem pants which are also from Patty's for a peek-a-boo look. It is nice to show a little skin once in awhile but we all know it is a fashion no no to put it all out there, that is why this top is perfect! You can find this look at the Rainbow location.



So if you haven't already make sure you like the Patty's Closet Facebook page which is linked above to check out all the latest details on store openings, events, and of course their biweekly shipment items. Patty's website also go a make over, so head over there and check it out. If you aren't lucky enough to have a PC near you, you can shop online by visiting the link as well at ilovepattyscloset.com .

Until next time, cheers to love, it's all you need. xo 


1 comment:

  1. Well, after reading your review, I think everyone should put this restaurant on our "to go" place. Sounds like it hit all the key points to a great dinner date night. Fried desserts, that's a new one for me, but it seems you BOTH truly enjoyed it! The outfit of the week from Patty's Closet once again hits my weakness of wanting to go shopping. ADORABLE!!!!!! Keep on blogging, love gathering all the dinner and especially the fashion tips. I love how you put an outfit together :)

    ReplyDelete