Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Week 82 Le Provencal

Welcome back readers; we are happy you are back to our blog site. If this is the first time that you are visiting, we hope that you like it and will continue to read our reviews each week. We know we have been behind on reviewing, sometimes a busy life gets in the way, but we are going to try this year to be more on top of these and post them as soon as possible. Tonight was the soon as possible for this review. 

Remember you can always find us on the LV Informer under the Local Interest section http://lasvegas.informermg.com/. We also have a Facebook page, so like that to be updated on all the latest information http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants . 

What Teray Says...

So for me this review is going to be short and sweet because it was not a good experience. We had gotten a Groupon for Le Provencal and figured because it was in the Paris on the strip that the food would be wonderful; we were wrong. 

Upon arrival at the restaurant, we were seated right away but not offered to be seated in the front "patio" area which I would have really liked to people watch. Half the fun for me when going to the strip is to people watch; there are always interesting things going on. 

Our server came over to us but was not a friendly guy at all. He put oil and vinegar on a plate and I was pleased that bread would be coming because I was pretty hungry. We never got bread the entire meal. 

We started off with an appetizer of calamari which in my opinion was the best part of the meal and it wasn't even that good. I will end it at that because I have nothing else to rave about the appetizer. 

For dinner I ordered a flat bread pizza and a Caesar salad. The Caesar salad had way too much dressing that I had to give the majority of it to Brett and something about the cheese on the flat bread did not taste right to me, and I love cheese (if you read the blog regularly you know that I am obsessed). I gave a lot of the pizza to Brett too, which is good because the portion of what he ordered was extremely small. 







As for the service, no one checked on us throughout the meal besides the manager (I am assuming it was the manager). When it was time to pay with the Groupon, the waiter disappeared with Brett's phone for a good 10 minutes. Who does that? There is personal items on that phone, there was no need to leave with it for that long.

One can see this review is short because I have nothing positive to say. I rate it a .5 out 5, my lowest review yet. I did not enjoy the food, service, or atmosphere.

What Brett Says...

This week we didn't really have a choice where to go, I bought a Groupon and it was going to expire.  We went to "Le Provencal" at the Paris.  I have never heard of the place, only reason we went was because for $20 we got $40.  Can't really beat half off.  They claim to be a French restaurant but there was quite a bit of Italian on the menu.  

I'm going to wrap the restaurant and the service into once part this week; mostly because both were pretty lackluster and barely served a purpose.  The inside was cheesy and boring, I guess I get it since it is part of a themed hotel.  It felt more like a buffet then a sit down restaurant, it was also wide open and noisy (even though there were very few tables sat).  Now for the lackluster service.  I believe our server was Bart or Brent, either way he was pretty horrible.  He served the purpose of telling the kitchen what to make.  When we were sat he came over and poured a plate of olive oil and vinegar, for the bread.  Unfortunately we were selected as the only table to not get bread.  We did enjoy staring at a plate of oil and vinegar.  My next problem with him is the only time he spoke to us was to take our order and to deal with the check.  He didn't bring out food, he never asked us how our meal was, he never got us refills.  The service we did receive was provided by the ancillary staff.  He did manage to stand around quite a bit, apparently he needed a break.  Needless to say we felt more like a burden then a welcomed customer.

Now the food.  We decided to start with the calamari frito; the portion was pretty good and the taste was pretty good.  Most of the batter fell off the calamari but it was still enjoyable.  For dinner I decided to get the wild mushroom risotto; this was amazing.  I would have to say some of the richest and best risotto I have ever had.  Unfortunately the serving size was horrible.  I could probably finished it in seven bites, they did serve it in a giant bowl...just so you know you aren't getting any food.  Lucky for me Teray never finishes a meal.  She ordered the Caesar salad and theMargarita pizza, I got to eat about half of the salad and half of the pizza.  The salad was a head of romaine that you have to cut up, I get this is the new culinary thing but it is annoying.  There is no way to toss a Caesar salad to have the right mix when you have to do it on a plate.  The pizza itself was pretty good.  It wasn't the best I have had but it isn't horrible.  I would say it is better for an appetizer then an entree.

I think it is obvious, this place isn't worth going to.  The service was horrible and the portions were horrible.  

Rating 1.5 out of 5


Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week this week. Check out my outfit of the week provided by Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique. I love a cute mini dress that has lots of details. The bold blue of this dress alone could make it stand out but the spike details around the color and the sheer material give it a flirty edge. The back is also black sheer. I paired it with a pair of thick, footless tights from Patty's and some boots. This perfect little date dress is available at the Rainbow location.



If you haven't already make sure to check out the Patty's Closet Facebook page and hit like to receive all the latest updates on shipments, the items, and new store openings. If you aren't lucky enough to have a Patty's near you, then you can shop online at shop.ilovepattyscloset.com

Until next time, cheers to staying warm xo
  

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so the restaurant was a five rating,upside you used a Groupon. Smart and savvy I say. The outfit of the week is one of my very favorite ones yet!!! Color, style, everything. Love how you coordinate things together, boots are fab too!
    Enjoy your weekly reviews! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete