Sunday, January 6, 2013

Week 81 Marche Bacchus

Welcome back. I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful New Year. Can you guys believe it is 2013 already? Time really flies. We are happy you are still here with us enjoying this blog and if you are a new reader, welcome. We love to hear from everyone so feel free to get in contact with us through email, Twitter, and our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants .

Also, remember you can always find our blog through the LV Informer, one of our favorite online newspapers out there. We are under the Local Interest section, check us out: http://lasvegas.informermg.com/

What Teray Says...

So this week wasn't a typical romantic date or double date which we normally go on for this blog. Brett's family as in town and his mom picked Marche Bacchus to go on Christmas Eve. Marche Bacchus is located over on Regatta Drive on the lake in Summerlin. They have other restaurants and a spa over in that complex, both of which we have been to, so if you haven't checked out that area, you definitely should. 

Marche Bacchus has a pretty cool vibe, when you enter you walk through a wine shop, and the wines looked pretty awesome, but we didn't buy any being we prefer to catch the latest sale at Lee's Discount Liquors. His family was already sitting so we walked back into the enclosed patio. When I heard that we were going to be sitting outside from Brett a few hours before I had to tweak my outfit because it had been freezing outside the past couple of days. I wasn't too thrilled with the idea, but what are you going to do, it was a holiday. It was nice to see that there were some space heaters there, but at the time we didn't have any. 

Our waiter was very accommodating and got us some heaters, which actually warmed it up. I was able to take my coat off for about 30 minutes of the meal. On a typical night I would have loved to gone there with Brett because it really has a romantic feel, it was just so cold that it was hard to concentrate on the meal, hence why I kept the red wine coming. 

Brett is going to go into more detail about the food because I honestly could not tell you what anyone besides myself had between being cold and people watching. I know that I ordered a Caesar salad for an appetizer and mussels for dinner. 

What threw me for a loop is that we were supposed to have a prix fixe meal and I was craving what was on that menu being I had researched it before. Considering I totally was in the mood for something else besides what I had ordered the food was really good. The wine was definitely the best though. HAHA. :) For dessert I ordered vanilla ice cream, which was great, just what I needed after this meal. 











Overall, our service was excellent. Joe was on top of everything and way over accommodating for all of the obstacles in the situation. I would rate service definitely a 5 out of 5. Atmosphere for a warmer day and a romantic date would have gotten a perfect rating too but because it was so cold and not as described between the food and the seating I rate it 2.5 out 5, so for my final rating I will rate it 3.5 out of 5. I will definitely be back though with Brett and maybe some of our friends on another date to try it when the weather is normal. 

What Brett Says...

This week we didn't choose where to go, my mom actually chose.  My family was in town for the holidays and wanted to do a nice Christmas Eve dinner.  I'm not really sure how she found it; but based on their website it seemed like a good choice.  They were also running a prix fixe menu for the night.  It was definitely our largest group for the blog, it gave us a different perspective.  My mom made a reservation for the "enclosed" outdoor patio.  They said they had heaters to keep things warm.  Based on our experience sitting outside at "Garfields" we decided it would be a good time.  We decided to celebrate Christmas Eve at " Marche Bacchus" which is a French restaurant.

Starting with the restaurant itself.  When you walk in you go through a little store filled with different types of wines, it was a cool little store.  We didn't buy anything but it seemed like a good place to go if you need to find wine that might not be available elsewhere.  They have a nice indoor dining room that has a very finished look.  The patio where we ate was pretty cool; there was plant life throughout the patio.  It had a really cool feel.  They had a fountain and it just had a different look then the rest of the patios in Vegas.  That's where the good part ends.  The enclosed patio was not that enclosed, there were no seals and they sat use five feet away from a wide open panel.  Every time there was a light breeze we all felt it and it was cold.  As for the heaters...our table obviously drew the short straw.  You would think a reservation for six made a week in advance would give them time to plan but that wasn't the case.  Our table, the one next to the wide open panel, was the only one that didn't get a heater.  In fact there were some tables that had two.  We had to ask the staff to fix the situation; it took about 20 minutes to actually get a heater and then another 10 minutes to get a second heater that they weren't sure would work.  Once we got the heaters eating in our jackets seemed more bearable.  Since our server was the one running around trying to find us a heater that also meant that we weren't allowed table service till that was done. but I don't blame him for the delay.  That honor goes to the poor planning management.
Service.  Our server's name was Joe.  He was an awesome server; he helped us with the heat situation while taking care of his other tables.  When he finally got to us he did an incredible job taking care of us.  My family can be a little demanding at restaurants and he kept up and never showed any frustration.  He was very accommodating; constantly answering questions and getting us what we needed.  He was getting us drinks as we needed them and overall made our experience better.  He is the type of server that I would chose to have at all of our meals.

Now onto the food end of the experience.  This was also a problem.  One of the reasons my mom chose Marche Bacchus was because of the prix fixe menu.  Based on my experience in the restaurant industry you shouldn't advertise something if you can't follow through.  Our reservation was at 7pm, when we were sat we were given the prix fixe menu as well as regular menus.  We had plenty of time to look over the menus and decide what to get.  I would say four out of the six of us decided to get the prix fixe menu, unfortunately when it was time to order Joe informed us that we shouldn't have been given the prix fixe menu because they were out of the entree (prime rib).  I find it pathetic that by 7pm on a holiday that they didn't have enough of their promoted meal.  What makes it worse is that they didn't appear to be that busy.  We had to look over the menu again to decide.  Is started with the escargot appetizer, it is something that I like and don't get to eat that often.  Not too many places offer it.  They did a good job with the snails; they serve them traditionally in garlic butter with bread on the side.  For dinner I opted to stick with red meat, I was looking forward to the prime rib.  I ordered the steak frites; steak and fries.  The portion wasn't that great but it all tasted good.  The steak was steak but the fries were pretty amazing.  On the side I also ordered the truffle mac and cheese...simply put this is awesome.  For dessert I had the Chocolate Mousse Trio, I was also impressed with this.  The presentation was professional and the taste was rich.  I enjoyed the trio flavoring.

Overall I am torn.  I enjoyed the food that I was allowed to have and the service was awesome.  Joe as a server gets an easy 5 out of 5.  The food gets 3.5 out of 5.  The restaurant itself and it's practices get a 1 out of 5.  I can't give an overall rating because they were too many differences between the categories.  If you do actually choose to try them out do yourself a favor and sit in Joe's section, that way if all else disappoints then you at least have good service.

Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week this week. Check out my outfit of the week provided by Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique. I love this dress; it is ballerina glam as I like to call it. The top portion is a pleather corset which can be adjusted to your shape because it has ties in the front. It is a blush color. The bottom is a light tan ballerina type skirt. This dress is very flattering not only for the colors but for the fit. Because it was so cold when we went to dinner Christmas Eve, I paired it with a pair of rose colored tights and nude patent pumps. You can find this fabulous dress for the 
holiday week at the Rainbow location.



If you haven't already you need to like the Patty's Closet Facebook page which is linked at the top of this description. Each week they update the page with the latest shipment items and new store opening details. If you aren't lucky enough to have a Patty's near you, you can check out their website at shop.ilovepattyscloset.com .

In the meantime, cheers to resolutions, goals, keeping them and meeting them. <3 xo 

3 comments:

  1. Hello. Loving your outfits. Have you and your hubby ever want to try Dim Sum? I don't think I've seen a post about Dim Sum yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment!!! No we have never tried Dim Sum. We would love to. Please let us know if you have any suggestions for us. :)

      Delete
  2. Well, the place sounds very nice with the exception of the menu items running out before they should have. Eating outside in December,brrr, but the space heaters are an excellent idea!!!!!! Now for the outfit of the week, stunning, you and the outfit. It is so "Sex and the City" look of Carrie Bradshaw,,for those of you who are not familiar with this show, I mean this as the utmost of compliments! Happy Holidays and again thank you for your blogging :)

    ReplyDelete