Thursday, November 8, 2012

Week 74 Miller's Ale House

Hi Everyone! Welcome back to the blog. This week and the next two weeks I will be having guest bloggers join me on the weekly outings which is pretty exciting. It is always fun to have different perspectives. Thanks to all the new followers this week, I love that you guys are enjoying this blog.

Remember, you can always find us on the LV Informer under the Local Interest section, http://lasvegas.informermg.com/ and like our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants we update it daily and love to hear feedback from the readers and followers. 

What Teray Says...

This week my family joined me as guest bloggers. Every Friday night they always go to Miller's and because I have never reviewed it, I figured it would be the perfect place to go. Brett and I normally also go out on Saturdays, so it was cool to see what  Friday night was like out and about. :)

My family was already seated at a high top table when I arrived and I joined them in the back. They had a pitcher of beer on special. I ordered a water and an MG 64. I don't care what anyone says, I love MG 64, not only because it is a light beer in taste, but because the calorie amount is so low. 

Our server was friendly, I am not one though that likes to make a lot of conversation with strangers at times, so some people may have found him too chatty and that the stories he was telling were too personal, maybe not though. 

I took the longest to decide what to order. I ended up going with a pepperoni pizza. I figured it would be something that I could eat at dinner but then eat left overs the next day to save myself from cooking.  My aunt ordered fish tacos, my cousin ordered the Zinger club, which is not on the menu but they make it anyway, and my uncle ordered the Zingers. I have had the fish tacos before so I know they are great. I have also had the Zingers and can say they are amazing!!! If you have a sensitive stomach though, they are spicy so beware.





Speaking for just my pizza alone it was amazing. It tasted more like the pizza I am used to having back home then most of the speciality pizza places out here. I think I know what I will get from now on when I come here, especially because there are so many times to choose from.

I love the atmosphere of Miller's, anything in Town Square is always fun no matter when you go. On Friday of last week it was the UNLV Homecoming parade, so it was packed. I love to people watch and this was the perfect opportunity!

Overall, I love the atmosphere, prices, food, drinks and company of Miller's and I rate it 5 out 5. 

What Teray's Family Says... (Janet, Jim and Pat Lazarus, written by Janet Lazarus)

So I was the guest blogger for the Newlyweds Blog last week while Brett was out of town.  Teray came to dinner with us at Miller's and she asked if I would write a few lines.  First of all, we go to Miller's every Friday night, so to say we like it is a understatement.  What we love most about the place is that it reminds us of back home (of course being Teray's family that is Jersey).  We mostly sit at the bar each Friday (we kind of celebrate the ending of the work week) and we have become "REGULARS" which we love. The bartenders know us and they automatically get us our beer (which is always ice cold) and ask us how we are doing this week, just like the hometown feel because living in Vegas you kind of get lost in the shuffle.  

We mostly get the same food too, I always get the fish tacos which I love because the are good and kind of on the lighter side but you do get 3 which is plenty.  My husband usually gets the Zingers which they are known for and again are plentiful and a basket of fries which we share.  I have to say of all the places in Vegas I love their fries; they are always hot and fresh.  Teray's cousin also came to dinner this week and yes he always orders the Zinger Club which he swears by.  So they are definitely consistent with there food because we all  keep on ordering the same thing, so it must be good.  Teray ordered the pizza which I was glad because that recently came onto the menu but I never want to switch, but that did look really good.   I wanted to try the peanut butter pie on the menu since we were blogging but after all the talking and fun we had forgotten about dessert.   Oh well its not like I won't be back, perhaps this Friday lol. :) 5 out 5!!!

Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week this week. Check out my outfit of the week provided by Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique. I love a top in a neutral color that also has standout details and this one fits the criteria. :) How cool is it that there are spikes on the shoulders of this shirt
? It also opens up in the back which allows you to wear it many different ways. I paired it with a pair of basic black leggings and some combat boots from Heart&Sole by PC. You can find this look at the Rainbow location.

If you aren't lucky enough to have a Patty's Closet near you, you can always order from their online store shop.ilovepattyscloset.com . I have linked the Facebook to Patty's Closet and Heart and Sole above if you click on the names of the stores. Each week you can see the new items that they receive and keep updated on the latest events! Remember there are stores all across the valley and each one has different items!

Until next time, cheers to 30 days of thanks!! <3 xo


No comments:

Post a Comment