Sunday, March 25, 2012

Week 42 PT's for St. Patty's Day (Ft. Apache)

Hi guys!! Brett and I have been a little bit behind on this blog. He was sick, I was finishing up graduation requirements and then I was sick. Kind of a bummer being we were supposed to go on a getaway this week-end. Always the way!! Anyway, welcome back :) If you haven't already be sure to like our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants?bookmark_t=page

You can also access our blog on the Las Vegas Informer: http://lasvegas.informermg.com/

What Teray Says...
As you guys know we just moved into a new house a few months ago and we wanted to find a neighborhood bar kind of like they go to in our newest show obsession "How I Met Your Mother." Being that it was St. Patty's Day, we wanted somewhere that was not too far of a drive because of the wackos on the road, but also that had a great beer selection and corned beef and cabbage. 


It is crazy that I have lived here for so long and never have been to PT's. I used to be very against going to casual bars like that, but now that I have become more casual and calm  in my role of a married woman, I actually really like them. LOL.


PT's had a pretty good crowd for St. Patty's day. We couldn't get a seat at the bar, but we got a high top table near by. There wasn't any green beer, but really to me the look of it is pretty gross. I would rather just stick to Bud Light, which I did...followed by my favorite drink ever: the Bloody Mary. Brett got some black and something beer. It did not look good to me, looked like a lava lamp,  but he liked it. 






I thought we were getting a corned beef sandwich, but we ended up getting the dinner. I am still going to find a corned beef sandwich on rye somewhere. The corned beef was a very good portion size; you got two big pieces, potatoes, cabbage and carrots. It was very filling and perfect for the St. Patrick's Day theme. I still needed something after that so we decided to get the giant chocolate chip cookie sundae. That was the best part of the whole meal. Ice cream was oozing everywhere!! 





The prices were great, I think because we went during happy hour, but bar food is always pretty cheap anyway. Brett and I are pretty psyched that we have found our new spot to hang out at that is less than a half mile away. :) I rate PT's 3.5 out of 5 for fun and for making us feel like we finally found our neighborhood bar in our new neighborhood! 


What Brett Says... 


This week we went out not only for the blog but also to find our new "go to" bar for us.  Now that things with the house are settling down we needed to find a place close to our new home where we could get a few drinks and keep the cab fare cheap.  We decided to give the Sunset/Ft. Apache PT's; and what better day to check out a bar then on St. Patty's Day.  At our old place we were Putters people, so we weren't sure what to expect from their biggest competitors.  I also wasn't thrilled about not having someone I know working at the bar, I'm not really use to paying for all my drinks and food at a local bar.  Unfortunately I'm out of the industry and I don't have enough time to get drunk enough to get to know the bartenders...so going in blind is how we roll now.

I was surprised how big this PT's is, there is a large dining room as well as a good size bar area.  Besides the seating they also have two pool tables and a sports book kiosk.  I'm not sure how I feel about being able to place bets while I am getting drunk, as long as it doesn't take credit I should be fine.  I just like the fact that they have a couple pool tables and some Golden Tee, having a few drinks with a few games to play is the way to go.  They weren't all that busy for it being a drinking holiday but we were also there a little earlier then when their normal crowd shows up.  The service was pretty good considering there was a server and a bartender working.  We are so use to going to all these restaurants, I forget that this is the normal staffing for the local bars.  The server took good care of us and was pretty friendly considering we were nobodies, we never weren't getting drinks.  The only down side was that she brought us the wrong entrees...we ordered corn beef sandwiches and got the corned beef and cabbage dinner.  Not that big of a deal but worth pointing out, we didn't say anything because we were starving.


Overall I had a good time.  I will be going back, we might try one or two more bars but this seems like it will be a good fit for becoming our weekly spot.  Especially since cab fare is $10...with tip.  Prices were good, they have a couple happy hours that help out.  I rate them 3.5 out of 5, part of that might be that I am sour because I have never paid full price at a local bar.  But it is good enough that I will go back...pizza and wings next time.



Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Thanks to Patty and Juan for providing me with my outfit of the week this week. Yes, I know it wasn't green but have I ever been someone who fills the mold?! No, I do my own thing! :) This top is perfect for the warm weather season. You can wear it with jeans and heels to dress it up for date night or drinks with your girls. You could also pair it with shorts and wedges for a casual day look. In addition to the awesome colors, the straps adjust, so you can make it the perfect length and fit! This top is available at the Rainbow location.





Fantastic news Patty's Closet lovers!! Not only is the online store opening up this week at: ilovepattyscloset.com but they are opening their second Sparkle next to the Summerlin Patty's on Saturday!!!! Check out their facebook pages for all the details: http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV and http://www.facebook.com/events/136619713132713/ <----The Sparkle opening details :)


Until next time, cheers to spring break right around the corner!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment