Saturday, March 10, 2012

Week 40 The Griddle

Wow, the amount of fun we are having with this blog and response we are getting is unreal to us.  We really enjoy hearing your feedback and recommendations so much. It is so funny when we get messages from people we don't know about the blog; it really makes my day.




Don't forget that you can also access us in the BLOG CONNECTION section of the Las Vegas Informer! :) http://lasvegas.informermg.com/category/lv-local-interest/blog-connection/




So if you haven't heard already, I wrote an article that is in the current issue (it just came out today) for Sinner magazine. The release party is tomorrow and I couldn't be more excite! Def. check them out @ http://sinnermag.com/

Also, we are on Facebook!!! Please like our page: http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants?bookmark_t=page


What Teray Says...
My favorite meal to go out to eat for is brunch. When Brett suggested that we go to a place where we could have brunch last week, I was beyond psyched. He needed some ideas and I mentioned the Griddle being it is about 4 blocks from our new house. The Griddle reminds me of the homey breakfast places back in Jersey. Everyone is very welcoming when you enter. We sat down right away, but got there at the perfect time because the crowd started to hit; everyone must have had the same idea. 


I was told before we went that I had to try the red velvet pancakes. To my surprise there are many different kids of unique pancakes: red velvet, protein, peanut butter, wheat...etc. I of course had to get the red velvet with whipped cream cheese on the top with fresh strawberries. Not only did I ordered that, I also got scrambled eggs and bacon. 








Brett told me to order 3 pancakes, I don't know why I listened.  My pancakes basically tasted like I was eating my red velvet wedding cake. They were the best pancakes I have ever had in my life, but they were so huge I could not finish them. Luckily he did! I tasted Brett's peanut butter pancake and it was fabulous. I would order that next time I go there. What is pretty cool there is if you check in on Facebook, you get a free pancake. Score! Everything food-wise was perfection, top notch when it comes to breakfast food! 


Our service and the atmosphere was wonderful. Our waiter was very friendly and informative as well as had a great sense of humor, something we both appreciate because we don't get the best service when we go place. The service here was excellent. We even got coffee and water at the perfect times, not every other minute like some places or not one round like other places.  I rate the Griddle 5 out of 5 for a brunch place, which I think will definitely become Brett and my new spot! 


What Brett Says...


I just want to start by letting you all know that when Teray posts that the blog will be up on a certain day and then it isn't, all blame goes to this guy.  Some of you know me some don't, for those of you that don't I am usually insanely busy and I am a procrastinator...not a good combo.  This week we decided to catch a breakfast for our meal of the week, as you know we recently moved and needed to find a new breakfast place.  "The Griddle" is on Durango just north of Warm Springs, east side of the street.  I drive by it every day on my way to work and have never thought twice about it.  A couple of people recommended it to us and since we are the peoples reviewers we opted to check it out.  I'll say this before I forget, when you go make sure to check in on Facebook because you get a free pancake.

"The Griddle" looks like an ordinary strip mall restaurant when you are in the parking lot and they are only open for breakfast and lunch, which I find is common in Vegas which kind of surprises me.  You would think in a town that is 24/7 and shifts start around the clock you would want to be available to all customers, but it isn't my place and I don't work nights anymore so I don't really care.  When you walk in you get more of the modern diner/take out feel.  The have huge blackboards where they advertise various things; the pancakes, the specials, and some eating challenges (when I have some extra cash I will conquer them).  We had perfect timing because when we got there we pretty much had our choice of tables, shortly after it exploded with people.  For those of you that are familiar with "Maggie's" in Kalamazoo, MI (I know not likely) you will feel at home here; I cannot attest to the quality of food for drunk/hungover events.

This week a surprising plus for our review was the service.  I'm not sure if I'm saying this because it was amazing or because the servers look like they are about to be on ESPN2 competing in the World's Strongest Man Competition.  These guys are the definition of gentle giants, kinda like me, they look like they should be working the door at the premier club in town but the minute they step up to the table and start talking you realize that you are in good hands and that they actually care about the service they provide.  We had one main server but everyone helped each other out and made it flow.  Our server was all about it being our first time there and was excited to explain how things worked and what he suggests.  Considering the guys size I assumed he new what he was talking about when it comes to food.

Teray ordered red velvet pancakes with whip cream frosting topping, we all know she loves her red velvet.  I can also attest to how amazing these pancakes were; considering the pancakes are huge I ate the majority of her order on top of mine.  It doesn't stop there, I have been on a bit of a perfect eating binge lately so I took advantage of this experience, I also ordered the chorizo special.  Any normal person would be full off of the special...and very satisfied, I however wasn't full until I ate the special, my two pancakes, and two of Teray's pancakes.  I would have eaten more but Teray's cakes were a little sweet at that point.  I don't remember what the eating challenge was but I do remember it making the amount of food I ate trivial.  Teray got some eggs and meat but I don't remember and I didn't try it.  I can just say overall the food was perfect.

I think I did a good job saying how good this place was, if you are still wondering what I think...it is amazing you should go.  Easily rated a 10 out of 10.  I usually go with a 5pt scale but between the level of quality service and the perfection of the food they deserve 10pts.



Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week this week. I was told when I went in to get it that Patty had gotten this jacket too. I always know that is a good sign when I pick what she picks, because she has the best taste...honestly, you can't really go wrong with anything in any of the stores :)


Check out my outfit of the week provided by Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique. This floral chiffon jacket is to die for. It is light weight and with the romantic feel, you are ready for a spring day. The jacket can be worn open or buttoned for different looks. I paired it this time with some super flairs and wedges for a bohemian 70's inspired look. This is the perfect transition piece for the changing of seasons and it is available at the Rainbow location! (Hannah, the dog, is not included--haha)


If you haven't already you need to check out the Patty's Closet website for all of the locations: ilovepattyscloset.com Also, you need to like their Facebook page because they post pictures of their new items every Tuesday and Friday when they get shipments----fabulous!!!!! http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV

Also, if you haven't already, you need to check out the newest addition to the Patty's Closet family, Sparkle by Patty's Closet. It is all accessories and it is amazing!!!! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sparkle-by-Pattys-Closet/160713480701946

Until next time, cheers warm weather and longer days <3 

2 comments:

  1. Brunch tops my list of what meal to eat out in a restaurant! Sounds like this one was an ultra winner, even getting a 10 out of 10 when the scale usually stops at 5. Sounds like they have quite a wide variety of pancakes. Putting this on my list for sure ! In a place like this, you hope to have great service because it starts your day off on the right note!

    Out of the week.....beyond cute, soft feminine and spring is all about colors this year. A winner once again! (Dog is top-notch,too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ****Ooops type meant to type "outfit" of the week not out of the week, but yes something you can go "out" in whether casual or dressy !!!!!!
    Love the blog. See you next week!

    ReplyDelete