Thursday, March 1, 2012

Week 39 Pink's Hot Dogs- Planet Hollywood

I cannot believe we are already at week 39! This blog has been so much fun for us and is presenting us with so many great opportunities; we are really blessed. Can't wait for you guys to see what comes next.  If you haven't checked us out in awhile, welcome back and you can now find us on the LV Informer http://thelasvegasinformer.com/blog-connection.html  You can also like our Facebook page for many updates. We love the comments and suggestions as well. Check us out at: http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants?bookmark_t=page


What Teray Says...


This week we wanted to go somewhere casual as well as on the strip. I have been dying to visit Pink's since it opened at Planet Hollywood, but as locals we are not at the strip much. We found a Groupon, so it was definitely a sign to go there.






Pink's is located outside on the strip at Planet Hollywood. We lucked out that it was a gorgeous day (got a little tan) that we didn't mind waiting in line over of over 30 people. There is seating on the outside patio which is perfect, because like I said the weather was gorgeous. 




I ordered a Showgirl dog. On my hot dog was ketchup, relish, bacon, onions and mayo all stacked high. I have to admit, I am not the biggest hot dog fan, but sometimes I really crave them. I went with the Showgirl dog, because I felt Vegasy being on the strip, and that is a Vegas name. It was by far the best hot dog I have ever had (well, maybe in second place compared to the dogs at Yankee Stadium).






Brett ordered a 3 Dog Night; which is 3 hot dogs wrapped in a tortilla with chili, cheese, guacamole (which he added) and bacon. That hot dog was serious. I took one bite and it was delicious, but I think I would have gained 5 lbs eating it. 




For an appetizer we had onion rings. Again, I am not an onion rings fan, but I heard a lot of other people ordering them, and they turned out to be delicious. You really get a good size portion to share for two people. 




Overall, I know this review is short and sweet, but that is all that it needs to be. Pink's was fantastic and I definitely rate it 4 out of 5. It is casual dining at it's best on the Las Vegas Strip. 




What Brett Says...
So who would have thought we would review a second hot dog place.  Well thanks to Groupon we have, "Pink's Hot Dogs" got called up to the big leagues.  Pink's is in front of Planet Hollywood on the Strip...I know we said we weren't trying to do the whole Strip thing but when a discounted meal calls and it's my week to pay I answer.  Teray had wanted to try them for a while, she is definitely a fat kid in a smokin' hot body (I just so happen to be a fat kid in a formerly fat kids body, according to my mom I was just big boned and/or husky).  They were really busy, the line went way out of the building.  I will say they burned through the line fairly quickly...then again we are talking hot dogs.  It is pretty much a glorified hot dog stand and they have you order then pick up at the other end of the counter.  

I order the Three Dog Night hot dog.  This is officially the inner fat kid in me busting out and taking over.  My "hot dog" was actually 3 hot dogs wrapped in a tortilla with chili, cheese, bacon, and the guac I added in.  I ate and ate then realized I was half way done, so the fat kid came out to play and finished the entire thing and a Monster energy drink.  I'm not really sure how to feel about the meal.  I mean hot dogs are good, chili...good, cheese...good, bacon...amazing, and guac....good.  Putting them all together in a tortilla, jury is still out.  I was full and I enjoyed it, just not sure if it was a good idea.  I think this would be a great place to take your pregnant wife when she is having weird cravings

They were fast.  They were interesting.  I left extremely full.  The food was good.  

Rating 3 out of 5...I'm still not sure how much I liked it, they whole chili hot dog burrito is confusing.



Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week this week!! <3 This dress is the perfect staple for the warm weather. I got many compliments walking along the strip today! It is a satiny material with tan and navy tiger like stripes. The sleeves flutter out and it cinches at the waist. This dress is on the short side, but you can put a tank dress underneath and be fine! I tried it on with jeggings too and you could wear it as a tunic. This fabulous dress is available at the Rainbow location! The bracelet I am wearing is from Sparkle. Check out both! 




So if you haven't already you need to check out Patty's Closet website for all the locations nearest you: ilovepattyscloset.com  . It is also a must that you check out not only Patty's Closet Facebook page for all the latest shipments and items at the stores around the valley, but Sparkle's Facebook page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sparkle-by-Pattys-Closet/160713480701946


1 comment:

  1. People who are not following your blog yet, don't know what they are missing.Each week is a new adventure, honest, (and funny at times ) , info packed review that opens all of our minds to new adventures and places to try, fashion tips, etc. The outfit of the week is always a fave of mine being a female follower. Love the trendy accessories, too. Thanks and look forward to next week's review. Enjoying the journey :)

    ReplyDelete