Friday, November 25, 2011

Week 25 3 Tomatoes and a Mozzarella

Hi readers :) I have to apologize because my iPhone broke before I got to send myself the pictures of our food. I thought that I had saved them somewhere in iCloud but I cannot find them anywhere, so this review is not going to include pictures because the pictures are not on my new phone. I am sure you all know what salad and pasta look like though, so you can imagine. 


If you haven't already please like our Facebook page. We have 140 followers right now; it would be awesome to get to 150. http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants


What Teray Says...


So this week we chose 3 Tomatoes and a Mozzarella because there was a fabulous deal on Groupon; $35 for a bottle of wine, 2 salads and 2 pasta dishes with 2 toppings. This review is going to be quick because it was an easy dinner. For the wine we chose a white chardonnay. I have to say, I had to drink a few sips before liking it because I have been on a red kick lately and wasn't used to the white. But as I said, it only took me a few glasses to like it ;) For the salad we both chose caesar. The caesar salad had to be one of the best I've had in a while. The dressing was fabulous, and there was just enough cheese and croutons.


For our pastas, we both chose whole wheat penne. For my toppings I chose pomodoro sauce (which is a red with garlic and basil), shrimp and artichoke hearts. Brett chose whole wheat penne with bolognese sauce (sausage in it) with anchovies and chicken. The waiter said this was the first time he had seen this combination. I tried it and and it was a little salty for my taste. My pasta on the other hand was fantastic. The sauce was nice and light and there was a lot of shrimp, of course, I could not finish it; so I had a great dinner the next night! :)


Overall, I really liked 3 Tomatoes, as I said, this was a really short review because it was a casual dinner. I would love to go back and try the pizza. I think this would also be a fun place to go with a group or for happy hour. The service was good for what it was, a casual meal. I rate 3 Tomatoes, 4  out of 5. 


What Brett Says...


This week we scored another Groupon deal.  Two salads, a bottle of wine, and two pasta dishes for $35...where?  "3 Tomatoes & a Mozzarella" at Sunset and Rainbow.  Eating out week after week and get exhausting and kind of frustrating trying to figure out where.  Groupon and Living Social make things easier from time to time.  How can you beat a deal and a free idea.  3T&M (my own abbreviation) is right by our home and we constantly drive by it, for years, and this was our first time actually going.  We started the date out with some Twilight action...Go Team Jacob.

This restaurant experience was actually a pretty quick one, we went in for a late dinner.  Other then the bar area we were one of maybe three tables in the place.  We got sat immediately and were met by a server quickly.  The service was good, our server was friendly and definitely added to the experience.  Apparently after we left the "Karate Karaoke" guy was coming.  If I didn't have to wake up early the next morning we prob would have stayed to see what it was all about.  The server said you can earn a karaoke blackbelt by showing up time after time and singing songs, he said some people follow him all over town.  If you are confused think beer list challenge, if you are still confused try Googling it.  It seemed like a place to go just for drinks as well, the bar had a good vibe.  Maybe one night when I get off late I'll stop in a for a couple drinks.

Like I said we got a bottle of wine, some salads, and pasta.  To start we order a bottle of Chardonnay, it was that or a Cabernet.  Teray is slowly becoming a red wine fan...not so much for me.  I don't remember the brand but it was decent; I personally prefer a Reisling.  But the bottle was empty when we left so it served it's purpose.  We were then given the choice of a mixed green salad or a caesar salad, we both opted for caesar.  You won't think there would be much to comment about a salad but I personally thought it was an amazing salad.  The portion was pretty decent for a side salad.  It also was fresh and crisp, the croutons were good and the dressing seemed different in a good way.  Last we did our pasta course.  The thing that sets 3T&M apart is that they don't tell you what to get.  They have you choose your type of pasta (both style and grain), you then choose your sauce and finally toppings.  So essentially a build your own pasta, I am starting to think this build your own style restaurant is the way to go...customers can only blame themselves for bad food.  I was in the mood to go off the wall but I also wanted a good amount of protein.  I chose to go with whole wheat penne noodles, a bologneseTeray was not a fan.

I'm not sure what the normal 3T&M experience is like when they are busy and no deal is in place, but I doubt it would be any different.  They seemed to be on top of their game.  I would recommend 3T&M for intimate dates, first dates, fun dates, group get togethers, and bar time.  Next time I go back I will be watching some Karate Karaoke.  The food was amazing, the environment was good, and it just felt like it would be a good time no matter what.  Just glancing at prices real quick they also seem to be reasonably priced.  They say 60% of the time my review is dead on every time.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5



Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week this week and thanks to Jose for helping me pick it out. This dress is from the Rainbow store; and might be my favorite black dress I have ever worn.  It scoops in the neckline to give it that little extra detail and bottom ruffles out. It is fitted in the bust and the waist to give you that perfect hour glass figure. The grey stockings are actually knit thigh high stockings, which are also available at the Rainbow store. You can dress this dress up or down. For the movies I threw on a gray sweater (vintage Patty's :) ) and for dinner I wore it sleeveless without the sweater. It has a v-shape in the back, which my hair is covering. I love things that you can dress up or down and this black dress is the perfect piece for that!


If you haven't already check out Patty's Closet website at ilovepattyscloset.com
They also have great sales this week-end for black Friday so check out their Facebook page to see the new items at each of the 5 locations!!! http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV

Until next time, cheers for being thankful for all of our blessings!

2 comments:

  1. I never had dinner there only pizza. Dinners sound good though but you guys have to try the pizza there it is definitely good. I agree it would be fun with a group. Love your Patty's Outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like this 3T&M was definitely a little taste of Italy. Both pasta dishes sound wonderful. Love when you get salad , too. I truly believe the sauce is the secret to the success of any Italian dish! Again another coupon, only way to go especially now with holiday time right around the corner. I noticed the above follower commented that the pizza is excellent also,,,so how can one lose? As far as the outfit of the week, this little black dress is darling! A true staple to a woman's wardrobe :)Patty's again another winner.

    ReplyDelete