Thursday, November 3, 2011

Week 22 The Melting Pot



Welcome back everyone! Thanks for checking out our blog this week! If you haven't already why not become a follower on the side or like our Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants

What Teray Says...


This week I chose to go to the Melting Pot. I was in the mood for fondue, or as I like to call it, fun-due. The Melting Pot is located right over by Boca Park on W. Charleston in the Target plaza. Word to the wise, make reservations if you want to eat there on a Saturday night, even if it is for two people, because we had to wait over an hour to be seated; thank goodness they had a bar. *Note- I will be referring to fondue as fundue throughout this review, so yes I know it is not spelled correctly.*


Okay, so Brett and I sat at the bar for about an hour before we were seated. I had a Moscato and he was drinking some Sam Adams. At the point that we got to sit down I was so hungry that I started to not feel well; I was afraid I wouldn't be able to enjoy all the fun-due. 


I guess when most people go to the Melting Pot, they go for the four course dinner. We decided not to go with that because I didn't think I would be able to eat all of that food. The first course we chose was cheese fundue. We went with the Wisconsin Trio Cheese Fondue
Fontina, Butterkäse and Buttermilk Bleu cheeses with white wine, scallions and a hint of sherry. This fundue came with veggies, apples, and bread to dip in the cheese. The fundue was cooked right in front of us as he mixed the cheeses. 





After finishing our cheese course, we decided to order some salads. I went with the Caesar salad because it had pine nuts on it, which is like my newest obsession in salads and Brett chose the Big Night Out Salad which was a lettuce wedge with some other veggies. The gave us this garlic and wine seasoning, which is amazing by the way. You can buy it for $5 bucks and we wanted to buy it, but the server forgot to give it to us on the check, and we wanted to leave so we didn't bring it up again. 





After the salad course we decided to go right to dessert and order some chocolate fun-due. We went with the Cookies 'n Cream Marshmallow Dream which was dark chocolate topped with marshmallow cream, flambéed, swirled together and garnished with crushed Oreo® cookies. The dippers that you get to go with the chocolate fundue are fruit, pound cake, cheese cake, brownies, and rice krispy treats. This was such a fabulous dessert; I wish I could have had about three pots worth of chocolate. 


Overall, I really enjoyed the Melting Pot. It is a definitely a romantic setting so I would recommend going there on a date. You also have to go in there very hungry because I think the four course would have definitely been the best deal. Overall, I would go back again to try some of the other fundues and such. I rate the Melting Pot 3 out of 5. 


What Brett Says...

Sometimes you just want to go eat somewhere that is nontraditional and offers something you just couldn't pull off at home.  Sometimes you feel like melting a bunch of cheese and dipping stuff in it.  Sometimes...well most of the time you feel like having a bowl of melted chocolate to just put on random sweets.  If any of these situations arise there is one easy solution, Fondue.  Where do you go for fondue...besides the 70's?  We found ourselves giving the "Melting Pot" a shot.  If you Google the location make sure you go to the Charleston location as the Eastern location is closed.  One thing I didn't know is that this is a franchise establishment with locations all over, I had never heard of it.  My other suggestion is to make a reservation, if you don't you might be looking at over an hour wait...at least that's what we dealt with.

Like I said we waited for over an hour to get a table; which required us to watch some football and have drinks at the bar.  I usually don't mind waiting for a table (especially when there is a bar) but it was a little annoying because there was no line, there were open tables, and the host kinda gave off a vibe like he wanted a tip.  I have no problem tipping to get a table unless it is at a chain restaurant 10 miles off the strip.  At that point just seat me at the open table.  The bar was nice though, the bartender was cool and drinks were pretty reasonable.

Once we got sat we were taken to the back of the restaurant, we had a small booth perfect for 2 people.  What I wasn't expecting was that each table had a little electric burner to cook at the table.  I figured they would go old school and have a pot over a candle type heat source.  It was a different experience.  I also liked that the booths had high backs, it secluded us from everyone else...made it a little more romantic.  The rest of the restaurant was pretty unremarkable, nice but nothing worth remembering.

After waiting and getting tired Teray and I decided to go with a quick meal.  We chose a cheese dish, salad, and a dessert course.  Generally there would also be a main entree course as well.  Everything is cooked at the table and for the most part cooked by yourself.  To make things easy you can order from 4 different prix fixe menus or you can go a la carte, we chose to go with the latter.  For our cheese course we went with a Wisconsin cheese dip.  It came with apples, breads, and veggies.  Overall it was pretty good, I mean kinda hard to screw up dipping stuff in cheese, the combination of cheeses was a good selection.  Our next course was the salad course, I went with a iceberg wedge salad...really I'm not going to review lettuce.  It was green, crisp, and lettuce with tomatoes and dressing.  Enough said.  Lastly was the best part of any fondue experience, the dessert.  We chose the cookies and cream dessert.  Imagine chocolate, marshmallow, and oreos melted in a pot.  Now take that amazing combination and dip cheesecake, fruit, pound cake, brownies and rice krispy treats.  I was amazed by dessert, I am a 400lb person at heart when it comes to dessert.  The idea of having a bunch of different desserts is always a good thing, throw in a pot of more melted desserts and now combine the two.  If it was politically correct I would have licked the bowl...that and I didn't want to burn my tongue.  If it wasn't clear enough I enjoyed the dessert.

Overall this place is pretty cool.  Prices are a little higher then was expected.  But at least for the price you get good food and an experience.  I think this would be a fun place to take a date, just make sure she isn't wearing white...way too many opportunities to ruin her outfit and be upset.  My rating is going to be 3 out 5.  The long wait and price dropped them, if the food wouldn't have been as good as it was they easily would have ended up with a 2.




Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week

First of course thank you to Patty and Juan from Patty's Closet for providing me with my dress this week! <3 So this week for my outfit of the week Juan Marquez helped me pick out this fabulous dress from the Blue Diamond Patty's Closet. This is by far one of my favorite outfits I have worn from Patty's. It is so classy, but also showed off my figure at the same time. We know my number one thing is that I like to keep mystery, but have figure flattering outfits at the same time. :)

This dress is a gorgeous emerald jewel tone for fall and has a ruffle at the bottom. It is a satin material. The cool thing about it is that it is loose, but you can cinch it to your shape with a belt. This dress would also be perfect for the upcoming holiday party season. 


If you haven't already you should like Patty's Closet on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV and check out their website at ilovepattyscloset.com

Patty and Juan are about to announce the opening date of 5th Patty's Closet in Town Square so you must keep checking their Facebook for exact date! Plus, you can see the new merchandise from Tuesdays and Fridays and map out which stores you want to go to each week!

Until next week, cheers to it becoming darker earlier leaving more time for night time fun <3

1 comment:

  1. This restaurant sounds interesting, kind of romantic, and definitely a date place . (Thanks for the tip about not wearing white. Getting a stain on your clothes is not adding to any night out. )Never been to this type of place, but sounds like little appetizers enough to satisfy the palate, yet not overindulge that you say "why did I eat all those rich combinations" The outfit is gorgeous, what a beautiful, beautiful color especially this time of the year. Definitely something you can wear to many different occasions.

    ReplyDelete