Friday, October 7, 2011

Week 18 Grind Burger

Hi Everyone! Thanks again for all of you who have been following the blog and giving us suggestions. We love your ideas! Also, thanks to everyone who has liked our Facebook page! If you haven’t already done so then please do so here: http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants

What Teray Says…
This week it was my turn to choose where we were going to eat and I took a suggestion from one of my favorite friends, Abbie Villanueva.  I love a good burger, so when she suggested that we go to Grind Burger, I jumped on the idea right away. Grind Burger is located on E. Tropicana right over by UNLV. I have passed the place many times before on my way to graduate school, but didn’t realize it was there. Grind Burger is a restaurant and bar in one. When we walked in we decided to sit in the bar section because we did not feel like dealing with the screaming kids in the restaurant section that were having a party.
We sat down at the bar and were immediately greeted by the bartender. 




I had researched the menu online so I knew we were going to be ordering our own food by checking off options on a clip board of what we wanted on our burger. I decided to go with a medium rare 7 oz burger with honey mustard, ketchup, blue cheese and onions on a whole wheat bun. Brett ordered a loaded burger but I will let him explain what he chose in his section. All that I can say is that his burger was the same size as his fist, which is pretty big.
When we selected French fries we were advised to share an order because you get a lot of fries, which was totally correct. The plate was huge. I opted to also order a vanilla milkshake and Brett got an alcohol filled Mudslide chocolate milkshake. Not being a big fan of mixing alcohol with anything sugary, I just got a plain one.


It did not take long for our food to arrive. The burger was beyond juicy and honestly the best burger that I have ever had. The meat I found out is grinded fresh and delivered daily, hence why it is called Grind Burger. It was so big that I couldn’t finish it, so I gave it to Brett. I have been to other places where you can get a custom burger before, but definitely not as close to being as good as this. The milkshake was huge and extremely thick, so I finished that very fast, and like I said above we got so many fries so one portion was enough.

This is how big Brett's burger was!


My burger :) yummmmm

Brett's burger without the bun on

My review for Grind Burger is short and sweet because it was an easy dinner with no fuss. I would definitely go there again to watch sports and actually drink some alcohol. I heard that it is the hot place to go after UNLV games, so that is pretty cool. Rating on a scale of a burger joint, I would definitely give it a 5 out of 5.


What Brett Says...


First I need to apologize that the review is coming later then usual, it was a busy hectic week and I was too lazy when I actually had a chance.  This week we went to "Grind Burger" which is at 360 East Tropicana, not only did WE go I also went again last night with some friends of mine.  I know this quickly gives away whether I liked it or not, but you are required to read the rest of my review and at the end act surprised.

So Grind Burger is in a strip mall across from the airport, you have probably driven by it multiple times and have never even seen it.  It is in the same lot as the Blue Green timeshares, Subway, and ABC Store.  The minute you pull in looking for Grind Burger it will be right there in front of you and you will wonder how you never noticed it.  I have been in that parking lot a thousand times and didn't even know it was there.  The place is a cool long and thin bar/restaurant, Vegas style with glass separating the bar from the dining area.  It is a trendy looking establishment, but in no way special or different from any other trendy spot in town.  They have flat screens so you can watch whatever game is on (last night with the boys it just so happened to be the Tigers knocking the Yankees out).  I can only comment on what it is like to be in the bar area.  Between my two trips I had 3 different bartenders taking care of us, each one was awesome.  They made some awesome drinks, made the Grind Burger experience more then just sitting and eating.  They interacted and at times served as entertainment.  They are what you always hope for going into a Vegas bar.

Now onto the best part...the food.  They have appetizers, fries, pizza and of course burgers.  The order system makes things easy and leaves only you to blame if your order is wrong.  They give you an 8 1/2x14 menu/scantron form.  You have to fill in the circles of everything you want and this is how you build your burger.  You choose your meat, bun, cheese, regular toppings/sauces, and lastly premium toppings.  I have now tried the regular burger and the turkey burger...both are quality, according to the bartender they ground the meat daily; I believe it.  My first burger was a little ridiculous, I had to go overboard for all of you.  I went with a 7oz beef patty, a whole wheat bun, swiss cheese, sauteed mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, chipotle ketchup, avocado, bacon, and onion strings.  I know it sounds like alot, it was, I think it was around $16 and had to be 7-8 inches tall.  I was done in less then 10 minutes, it had to be the best burger I have ever had.  Last night I had the turkey burger which was also very good.  If you are in the mood for fries I would recommend two people to an order; with Teray we ordered the tall and skinny fries; with they guys I ordered sweet potato fries.  Both orders of fries were good; not too salty, not soggy at all, and you get plenty.  Last night I also had an order of their BBQ wings, they were also amazing (not as good as Bahama Breeze though).  I can honestly say that if I ever need to recommend a place to someone for burgers this will be my suggestion, both of my friends last night thanked me for bringing them to Grind Burger.

I know usually do desserts and drinks in with the food.  I unfortunately cannot do that this week; partially because what I'm about to tell you about is both a dessert and a drink, but mostly because they are that good that they deserve their own paragraph.  Grind Burger serves liquor milk shakes, I know this isn't new but it is uncommon and often not done very well.  The first night I ordered one that I created to taste like a mudslide...milkshake+Bailey's+Kahlua+Crown, came out perfect.  Last night I went for one of their creations, the Nutty Professor, which ended up tasting like a peanut butter toffee shake.  They nail this whole idea, handmade shakes mixed with 3oz of liquor...the only downside is the fact that you can't get drunk of these, well you could but you would end up regretting it.

So this week was a little different; I got to experience our choice on a date with Teray and then I experienced it with the guys for a ball game.  It worked out well for both situations, I can't say it would be a romantic date but you gotta have the fun dates too.  This is the first place we have been to that I really do plan on putting this into the rotation, I will be here most likely monthly.  As for pricing, it will cost more then In'N'Out but less then a steakhouse.  I would say that it will range from $15-$40 per person depending on alcohol consumption.  But it is well worth the money...if you want to go and be cheap (no worries I am) call and get info on their happy hour, $2 drafts and 50% of apps.  There is also a way to get a free $10 if you go to their facebook.  

As for my rating this week:  2 thumbs up...5 out of 5 gold stars...and I strongly agree with myself that this place is simply the shit.


Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Thank you to Yasmine from the St. Rose Patty's Closet and Patty and Juan for providing me with this week's out. I love, love, love this top. It is a satin material with a sash to give you the perfect hour glass figure. It has jewel embellishments on the neck and butterflies on the design. I wore this top with leggings on Saturday because it is long enough to cover my butt and then wore it this week with black skinny pants for work and both ways looked awesome. 



If you haven't already check out not only all four stores, but the website for all locations: www.ilovepattyscloset.com  

Also, like them on Facebook for the latest shipments and events. Their newest store will be opening in the Northwest on the 22nd of October. You can read about details on their Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV

Until next time, cheers to cool, crisp fall weather :)

2 comments:

  1. hey we always wanted to try that place. After the Rebel games they have a live radio broadcast. It sounds like a great place to go after the games.

    Love your shirt from Pattys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the fact that you went back again before the review was published, says it all! Another restaurant to try. And thanks for the tip about the $10.00 coupon on Facebook.

    Your shirt from Patty's is beautiful!!!!!! Love the colors :) Excited another Patty's is opening :)

    ReplyDelete