Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Week 19 "The Hidden Pizza Place" in the Cosmopolitan

Hi Everyone! First of all thanks to all of our followers who voted for Hannah to win the Real House Pet of Las Vegas contest. We are so excited for our trip to Hawaii! Anyway, if you haven't done so already, please "like" our Facebook page and even better share it with a friend! 
http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants

What Teray Says...


This week's review is going to be short and sweet. Brett chose to go to the Hidden Pizza Place in the Cosmo because at First Friday (the night before) we got some free tickets to Smashing Pumpkins playing at the pool at the Cosmo, so we wanted to eat there, but at somewhere that was quick and casual. 


You would not know the pizza place is there if you are just walking around. I have been to the Cosmo a few times and walked by that space each time never even know it was a pizza place; I quite frankly thought it was an elevator. The pizza place is on the third floor right next to the sushi place. You go down a hallway that is lined with record covers and are faced with two arcade machines. 




There is a little counter that circles the restaurant with places to stand and sit. Thank goodness I stalked out a seat and Brett jumped to it, otherwise we would be standing the whole time. The place was packed! The menu is very small and there are not a lot of choices, but with pizza sometimes the originals are best. I was looking forward to ordering white pizza because not only is it my favorite, but I read so much about their white pizza online. When i got to the counter the man told me they were out of white pizza :( Brett and I were both disappointed and just ordered plain (which Brett calls cheese) and pepperoni slices. 






Brett ordered a PBR beer to drink and I just go soda, both which were served in a red solo cup. Overall for four slices and two drinks it was a little under $30, but being on the strip I am not surprised. The pizza was delicious and I can see why people were ordering pies. I definitely think it was worth the money, but it was almost as good as NJ pizza (which is the best in my opinion.) Overall, I am glad that we went there for the experience, but if you are a local, I suggest staying away on the week-ends, because like I said, the place was packed. I rate the "hidden pizza place" 4 out of 5 just because they were out a white pizza and when you have so little choices on your menu, it is not good to be out of one of the main ones.





What Brett Says...

So this week we went to a place with no name, no sign, and no real publicity.  You literally have to go find it.  It is the hidden pizza place at the Cosmo.  We chose to go here because we got some free tickets to Smashing Pumpkins the night before, they were playing the Cosmo so we figured we would knock out two birds with one stone.  As a side not: DO NOT bother going to see Smashing Pumpkins, it isn't the original band members and they pretty much suck now.  Anyways.  The hidden pizza place is on the 3rd floor and you just have to walk around until you find a long dark hallway with a bunch of record covers.
The review is going to be short because we went to a place that specializes in giving you pizza and that's about it.  There were a couple of pinball machines, a couple stools, and a kitchen.  This place is far from fancy, far from what you would expect from City Center.  It isn't a bad thing, it serves a purpose and meets that purpose.  The menu consists of pizza, dessert, and beer.  I opted for the pizza and beer.  I got two slices of pepperoni and a PBR draft.  The pizza was pretty good; I wish I was drunk and it was 4am on a Saturday night because that would have made it perfect pizza.  The slices were huge...NY style (sorry Teray it isn't NJ style).  The beer, well that was PBR...enough said.
All in all a great place to go before a club, before a concert, or when you are blitzed and need some quick food.  You can't beat NY style pizza for $4 a slice.  There were actually a lot of people hanging out in the place, prob about 20 and it looks like it can hole 10.  They do get bonus points for having old fat Italian guys cooking the pies, it just inspires confidence in the pie.  I can't really recommend this for anything but in and out, that purpose was met for us.
Rating: 4 out 5





Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
This outfit has so far been my favorite outfit of the week. Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet with providing me with and helping me pick out this week's outfit. As we know this Jersey girl loves leopard print, so when I saw this mini I was sold immediately. You can wear it high waisted like I did, or if you don't like to show a lot of leg, you can wear it at the hip and it becomes longer. The white collared shirt has beautiful detailing with the white ruffles and then fabric pieces on top of the ruffles. It is something that you can wear to work or wear on a go out like I did! I also love that you can mix and match both pieces with different things. 





Make sure to check out their website for exact new locations at:
www.ilovepattyscloset.com and their Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV 


They get new stuff on Tuesdays and Fridays so you must hit up one of the four existing locations!


Until next time cheers to good karma and good food!

1 comment:

  1. Well, as far as pizza goes, it sounds like the place must be good enough to live on its reputation if it is that hidden. Slices looked good :) from your pics; And NY pizza is a close runner up to NJ pizza, so tasty .

    I can see why this outfit was one of your faves so far...............what a cute style...LOVE, LOVE, THE LOOK!!!!

    ReplyDelete