Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Week 100 Bon Chef

Hey Everyone; welcome back. I cannot believe summer break starts this week. Where has the time gone? We are almost two years into this blog, talk about amazing. None of it could be possible without the support from the readers. 

Remember, you can always find our blog on the LV Informer http://lasvegas.informermg.com/ under the Local Interest section. We also have a Facebook page, so do yourself a favor and like it to stay updated on what's going on with our blog, plus it's the easiest way to find our new posts, https://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants

What Teray Says...

This week I was craving brunch and I found a Groupon for Bon Chef. I have heard great things about Bon Chef for dinner, which is if I ever go back it will be for that. Bon Chef is located in Henderson on Eastern and Horizon Ridge Pkwy. It is tucked away, so you have to look for it to see it, you won't see it from the street. 

We were seated right away and both the breakfast and lunch menus were brought over. We both decided on breakfast. I ordered the pancakes, eggs, sausage and bacon. Yes, I know it sounds like a lot but I was really craving brunch as I mentioned above.  Brett ordered the eggs benedict and a side of fruit. Brett never got the side of fruit. Whenever one of us doesn't get something we ordered we don't say anything because we want it to be reflected within the blog.

Our food came out fairly quickly but our service was lack luster. The food was good, but nothing to write home about. I have had much better brunch food and was disappointed after eating my meal. The atmosphere was cute and again, I would probably go there for dinner, but not back for breakfast, too far of a drive and not worth it. 

This review is short, because I don't have much to say about it...I really wasn't a fan. My rating 2.5 out of 5. 




What Brett Says...

Women love brunch, I don't really know what is so special considering most restaurants allow you to order off the breakfast and lunch menus.  I love brunch because it allows me to sleep a few extra hours without disrupting breakfast.  That being said Teray wanted some brunch so I slept in and then we went to "Bon Chef Cafe" at Eastern and Horizon Ridge in Henderson.

The restaurant itself was nothing special, it severed it's purpose.  It is much more of a cafe then a restaurant, very simple.  If you are looking for a place that serves a purpose beyond tables and chairs then this is the wrong place.  I don't know why you would need more for a breakfast/brunch/lunch place.  What really matters is the service; I once again have to report that things here aren't great.  Our server was very friendly and personable.  Unfortunately you don't get what you ordered.  I ordered my entree and a side of fruit, I am not able to tell you how fresh the fruit was because it never came.  It is one thing to be slow when you provide refills...although that bothers me too.  But your main job is to relay a message to the kitchen and apparently that was too much to ask on this particular day.  I might as well just do it myself and save the cash.

I guess all that's really left to talk about is the food.  I don't really understand the idea of brunch...I have never seen anyone get anything but breakfast food.  I decided to go with something different then I normally would, I ordered the eggs benedict and a side of fruit.  Like I said the fruit never came but the eggs benedict was pretty good.  It wasn't the best I have ever had and it was small but I would eat it again.  I wish I would have went with something a bit more filling, or gotten the fruit.

Overall I would have to say "Bon Chef Cafe" was a pretty lackluster experience.  It isn't somewhere I would go out of my way to get to but if someone suggested it I wouldn't turn them down.  There are much better places to go and if I wasn't reviewing them I would have asked for the fruit instead of hoping it would eventually come.  

Rating: 2.5 out of 5


Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week

Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week this week. Check out my outfit of the week provided by Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique. I knew this week I was looking for a casual, classic staple and this shirt just happened to come in the newest shipment. If you are an avid fashion magazine reader like I am, you know that light denim is huge for summer. This shirt hits that trend but also another trend with the ebellishment and the fact that you can tie it at the stomach area. I love that I can already think of many other ways to wear this shirt. I paired it with a leopard skirt and some nude flip flops from Heart&Sole by PC. You can get this shirt from the Rainbow PC location.


If you haven't already make sure to like the Patty's Closet Facebook page which is linked above. You can see all the newest items on shipment days, which are Tuesdays and Fridays. Also, if you aren't lucky enough to have a Patty's near you, check out the website and you can shop online at shop.ilovepattyscloset.com

Until next time, cheers to summer break!

1 comment:

  1. I see breakfast food and you got my attention. Why is it always so much better out than at home;maybe because someone else is cooking it and serving you ..Grin. Love the outfit,,,love how you put it together! Always love your reviews

    ReplyDelete