Saturday, December 22, 2012

Week 79 Hash House A Go Go

Welcome back friends. This introduction is going to be short and sweet because I wrote this blog once and because of an error with Blogger it got deleted. I hope everyone is getting as excited for the holidays as we are. There are lots more fun things to come in 2012 and we will continue to blog for us and for you!

Remember, you can always find us in the LV Informer http://lasvegas.informermg.com/category/lv-local-interest/blog-connection/ and we have a Facebook page which we update frequently so check it out http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants

What Teray Says...

This week we went out during the week because we had a restaurant.com certificate for Hash House A Go Go and didn't feel like cooking because or kitchen was a mess from having our floors done that day. There are a few Hash Houses  in Vegas and we went to the one on W. Sahara. 

HHAGG wasn't very crowded when we went and we were seated immediately. I really liked how the place was decorated in Christmas decor, but I would have loved to have seen more people there and not felt like I was the only person in the restaurant.

For drinks I chose a Bloody Mary because they are famous for those and Brett chose a mojito. My Bloody Mary was pretty fabulous, and I did have two but I have to say the best Bloody Mary is definitely still DW Bistro. Okay, back on topic...






For an appetizer we chose the fried tiger prawns which were delicious. You got five big pieces of shrimp and the sauce that they were dipped in was pretty amazing too. I ate two pieces and Brett ate three pieces. While waiting for our appetizer to come out we got these huge biscuits, which were my favorite part of the whole meal, but they were so big I think it filled me up for my dinner.






For dinner Brett ordered some breakfast item which I am sure he will go into more detail on and I ordered a Reuben. The sandwich I got was delicious; it came with a salad too. I can see why they are known for their big portions, because they are not just big, they are huge. I was so full by the time the food came out though that I struggled to finish half of the sandwich, but did because I felt bad not eating if Brett was paying. On the bright side, I ate the other half about four hours later when we got home. 






The service was good and we never were waiting too long without something that we wanted. I wish that next time we go back it will be for breakfast and hopefully more crowded so I can see what it typically looks like. I rate Hash House a 3.5 out of 5. 

What Brett Says...

This week decided to go to another place I drive by on a daily basis.  We found a Restaurant.com to save some cash and went to "Hash House" on Sahara@Rainbow.  I'm not really sure why it is taking us so long to get to the places I thought of when we first started the blog.  Hash House is "farm food gone crazy."

The restaurant itself is pretty nice, it has a comfortable atmosphere.  One thing that I like is that the tables don't seem to be on top of each other.  We went on a Thursday night and it was dead; I was actually surprised at how slow they were.  I think they draw a much larger breakfast crowd.  They sat us a two top that actually allowed us to have plates on the table, we were next to their Christmas Tree.  It was pretty cool because the lighting was a little different then the rest of the restaurant.

The service was kind of  a win lose for me.  Our server was friendly and helpful with the menu.  On the other hand we had to request a second round of drinks instead of being offered.  This is surprising since the tip is added to the bill with a Restaurant.com, therefore the more you increase the tab through selling the more money you make.  On a side note I hate when servers tell me what to tip; I refuse to tip more then the amount.  You weren't interested in my idea for a tip so you usually miss out on extra money.  Back on topic the support staff was helpful; they were constantly clearing plates and refilling water.  The service was good but not worth going out of your way to experience.

On to the food.  Like I said they are primarily known for their breakfast, so I wasn't sure about dinner.  We decided to start with "Crispy Cornmeal Fried Tiger Prawns" which were amazing.  They had a chili mayo sauce which added even more flavor.  The prawns themselves were fairly large and the presentation was great.  About the only thing that had any presentation to it was the shrimp.  I decided to have a couple drinks, I chose the mojito.  It was a really good mojito and was actually hand made instead of just using cheap mixers.  For dinner I went with a breakfast twist, didn't want to risk the dinner.  I ordered the Boston Hash, I'm torn on this.  The crab cake was up there as one of the best crab cakes I have had.  The eggs were good but not special.  The potatoes ruined it; they took over the entire meal and were either soggy or burnt.  There were some sauteed veggies which were decent.  My problem with the potatoes is that they took the cheapest ingredient and over use it to make the dish seem larger and they screwed them up at that.

Overall I think I would save this place for breakfast, if you do chose it for dinner go when there is no occasion involved.  It was boring and didn't really stand out in any way.  I just have a feeling breakfast would be much more of a success.

Rating 3.5 out of 5



Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Thanks to Patty and Juan of Patty's Closet for providing me with my outfit of the week this week. Check out my outfit of the week provided by Patty's Closet Fashion Boutique. I love this look for two main reasons, the first is because the color combination is so girly and the second is that I love a jacket, especially this season's trend
of the tuxedo jacket. The jacket is a blush colored pink with a black lapel. It is perfect for work or a night out. I paired it with this fabulous multi-colored scarf from Patty's. The scarf has a combination of skulls and trees as well as other little designs. You can find this look at the Rainbow location!








If you aren't lucky enough to have a Patty's by you, you can go to their online store at shop.ilovepattyscloset.com and if you are lucky enough to live in a location that has a Patty's make sure you like their Facebook page which is linked above to see pics of all the newest items. They get shipments on Tuesdays and Fridays and all stores have different items!



Until next time, here's to being kind. xoxo



1 comment:

  1. Love the jacket and the scarf. Outfit of the week is fab as always. Love that you always have a unique boutique look rather than that cookie cutter outfit in the window at the mall. Food looks good, another place to try. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete