Saturday, February 11, 2012

Week 36 Buzz BBQ

Welcome back favorite followers! Thanks for checking out the blog again this week...we are posting it a little bit later than we normally do, but we both have been swamped with work and school this week, so we are finally caught up! Anyway, as most of you have read we are now on the LV Informer, so http://thelasvegasinformer.com/ is another place not only where you can access our blog, but it is awesome Vegas based paper.


As I say every week if you could take a minute and like our Facebook page, that would be awesome, because we are almost at 200 likes! http://www.facebook.com/thenewlywedsguidetovegasrestaurants?bookmark_t=page

What Teray Says...
This week we went to Buzz BBQ over on Tropicana and Grand Canyon. I think there is another one in the northwest, so if you live closer to there you can Google the location. Buzz BBQ has both a restaurant and a bar area. The restaurant area is really big and even has a dance floor. 


I know Brett is going to comment on that it took awhile for us to get seated even though there were few people in the place. The person working was helping someone with a take out order though, so it is not like we were being ignored.


We sat down and a little bit of time passed before we were brought our menus, but again, if it is not super long, I don't mind waiting because I enjoy the time with Brett and relaxing. Brett is a stickler for good service, so again he probably will comment on that. 


We didn't order a appetizer, we went right into the food because the portions looked big and you got sides with it. I ordered the 2 meat combo and Brett ordered the 3 meat combo. In mine I got sausage and pulled pork, the sides I ordered were french fries and macaroni and cheese. Brett ordered the beef brisket, the sausage, and pulled pork. He got macaroni and cheese too as his side and sweet potato fries. 


Brett's food, 3 meat combo

Teray's food, 2 meat combo

Brett's sides


As for my food, my food it was some of the best BBQ by far that I have ever had. The pulled pork was so tender, and the sausage had the perfect amount of spice. The macaroni and cheese was something a comfort type of mac and cheese, and the french fries tasted like Burger King's which are my favorite.  Brett got the same thing as me, but I tasted his brisket (first time ever) and it was delicious! Our meal also came with rolls. 


For dessert we ordered cobbler with ice cream. Brett got blackberry and I got apple cobbler. This dessert was the perfect amount of sweat and fruity. After all of this amazing food, I was definitely full!

I feel as though this would be a fun place to go with a crowd or for guys to go with their friends and have beers and BBQ. I rate Buzz BBQ 5 out of 5, and definitely recommend it because you get so much food for your money!

What Brett Says...
Due to some technical difficulties Teray and I had to do some last second switches for this weeks selection.  We were originally going to try a kosher vegan restaurant but they didn't update their info on the site we looked at.  As our back up we went to "Buzz BBQ," with a Restaurant.com certificate.  They are located on the north side of Tropicana just west of Grand Canyon.  I had never seen or heard of Buzz BBQ until 15 minutes before we went.  I wasn't sure what to expect but when I saw that it was in a strip mall I was thinking more grab and go style then sit down.  Not that we could complain beings it was a last second switch.  As long as he food was legit I wasn't going to be too picky, I don't get a ton of good BBQ out here.

When you walk in it is really odd, it looked like a mom and pop BBQ place in the South.  They had murals painted on the walls, "cowboy" stuff all around the restaurant, and there chairs/tables were the kind you would expect to see in a convention hall.  The tables are all pretty spread out, so you aren't on top of other people.  They also had a stage and a dance floor, not sure if it actually gets used.  The bar area is completely segregated from the dining area.  When we went there were only a handful of other groups.  I liked the decor, it was cowboy cheesy in some areas but it worked.  They also had older country playing over the speakers, they only thing that could have made it better would be a poker game fight, swinging half doors and someone getting thrown through a window.  The thing that threw me for the biggest loop, the first person to talk to us had a strong Caribbean accent...definitely unexpected.


When the food came out we were pretty speechless, there was a ton of food...luckily we were starving.  Teray ordered the two meat meal and I ordered the three meat meal, both came with two sides and rolls.  I tried to order the four meat meal but I was talked out of it.  The server said the table behind us, with 5 people, ordered the three meat meal for the whole table.  So I went with his suggestion, I finished it but I was glad I didn't go four.  I had sausage, brisket, and ribs with mac&cheese and sweet potato fries.  If it was a normal night we could have easily split my meal.  I was blown away by how good it all was, and how fast.  They smoked it to perfection.  The ribs were falling off the bone and everything was filled with flavor.  The mac&cheese was awesome.  To finish everything off we each ordered a cobbler, mine was blackberry a la mode.  I haven't had cobbler in a long time, it was everything I remember and more.  I think I can honestly say this cobbler may ruin all future cobblers.

The icing on the cake was that the owner checked on us and apologized for the delay at the beginning, we didn't have to say anything it just happened.  The fact that the server made a point to let him know that things were a bit bumpy was nice.  It shows that there is pride and customer service out there.  I would like to go here to watch football all day and just gorge.  I would also consider getting take out for a party...if I was too lazy to actually BBQ.

The easiest 5 out 5 yet.


Patty's Closet Outfit of the Week
Thanks to Patty, Juan, and Jose of Patty's Closet for providing me with the outfit of the week this week!! I am in love with this tribal mini dress. The patterns on it are so bold and the colors are perfect for spring and summer. Due to the weather, and because I am tall, I decided to wear this as a top for right now and paired it with some jeggings. The belt that I have on is black leather and it has a sailor anchor in gold in the middle of it. This dress is not only fantastic because it is one of spring's hottest trends with the tribal print, but it can double as a top!!! This outfit is available at the Rainbow location!

If you haven't already you need to stop by a Patty's Closet asap. You can find their locations on their website: ilovepattyscloset.com & check out their Facebook for all the latest looks at each store (they all have different things) http://www.facebook.com/PattysClosetLV

So great news Patty's Closet lovers, not only did they just open their accessories store called Sparkle by Patty's Closet (where the Blue Diamond Patty's used to be) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sparkle-by-Pattys-Closet/160713480701946 but they are opening another Patty's Closet very soon by the Galleria Mall!! How exciting! Can't wait to go to the opening!

In the meantime, cheers to positive people, things, and the year of the Dragun <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment